GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reputation system

+15
beerandsens
rooneypoo
Ev
Amnesia021
TheAvatar
asq2
The Silfer Server
wprager
shabbs
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should we re-instate the Reputation system

Reputation system - Page 7 Vote_lcap240%Reputation system - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 10 ]
Reputation system - Page 7 Vote_lcap260%Reputation system - Page 7 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 8]

91Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:02 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
The evidence was deleted when the mods/owners deleted the rep system, about an hour after I pointed out the issue. It was as plain as day for anyone to see who looked at it. I'm pretty sure Prager saw it, and I'm guessing whoever hit the 'delete' button on the rep system must have seen it as well.

I guess I should have thought about that. Laugh1 I don't think there was a way to track +s and -s, but I could be wrong.

I'm not blaming anyone. But since you presumably deleted the rep system after you saw my post, then you must have looked at what I was talking about, first, no?

92Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:56 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
The evidence was deleted when the mods/owners deleted the rep system, about an hour after I pointed out the issue. It was as plain as day for anyone to see who looked at it. I'm pretty sure Prager saw it, and I'm guessing whoever hit the 'delete' button on the rep system must have seen it as well.

I guess I should have thought about that. Laugh1 I don't think there was a way to track +s and -s, but I could be wrong.

I'm not blaming anyone. But since you presumably deleted the rep system after you saw my post, then you must have looked at what I was talking about, first, no?

It had filtered into one of the other threads I think, someone was moaning about a lost rep point and I noticed you were having issues with yours and I wanted to avoid any further damage. I never liked them anyway for reasons I've stated many times, I was basically looking for a reason.

93Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:18 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:Probability != fact. That was my point.

For the record, I do beleive it was one person with multiple accounts going back and minusing you.

I appreciate that.

For the record, tho': it is 100% fact that I lost 13 or 14 points in 7 days; it is 100% fact that if you add up the pluses and minuses I got on the week for the week's posts, I was actually a +1; and therefore it is 100% fact that some person / some people, working in concert or not, went back to minus my old posts 13 or 14 times -- there is no other way I could have lost those point. None of that is disputable.

If you mean to say, "it was probable, but not fact, that one person did all that," then, yes, I agree. But to me, that suggestion makes a lot more sense than the suggestion that 5 or 6 people, unbeknownst to each other and without consultation, each acted separately to bring about the end result of a -13 or -14 on the week. That strikes me as highly improbably, though admittedly possible.

who cares? are you that insecure?

94Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:33 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DirtyDave wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:Probability != fact. That was my point.

For the record, I do beleive it was one person with multiple accounts going back and minusing you.

I appreciate that.

For the record, tho': it is 100% fact that I lost 13 or 14 points in 7 days; it is 100% fact that if you add up the pluses and minuses I got on the week for the week's posts, I was actually a +1; and therefore it is 100% fact that some person / some people, working in concert or not, went back to minus my old posts 13 or 14 times -- there is no other way I could have lost those point. None of that is disputable.

If you mean to say, "it was probable, but not fact, that one person did all that," then, yes, I agree. But to me, that suggestion makes a lot more sense than the suggestion that 5 or 6 people, unbeknownst to each other and without consultation, each acted separately to bring about the end result of a -13 or -14 on the week. That strikes me as highly improbably, though admittedly possible.

who cares? are you that insecure?

The only thing at stake here is someone suggesting I'm lying -- no wait, too rough a word, perhaps "not telling the truth" is more palatable?

There were suggestions above that my word, and all the evidence that backed it up, weren't enough. Not cool at all.

As for insecurity, I've said a thousand times this has nothing to do with rep points. It's that the rep points were pointing to a larger problem that needs to be dealt with. I trust the owners to sort it out, tho', and that's all I'll say.

95Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:50 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Just curious; how did you count the +s and -s?

96Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:Just curious; how did you count the +s and -s?

If you hovered over the green or red bar the tooltip displayed how many gave you rep points and how many took them away.

97Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:02 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I disagree. Nothing you've said here makes me think abuse of the system was 100% fact.

You present this as fact when that absolutely is not. He suspects someone based on very poor quality evidence. I certainly can't say he's wrong but there's nothing to prove him right.

Excuse me for saying so but when I read your posts, I feel you would disagree with Rooney if he told you the sky is blue, the clouds are white (or various degrees of gray) and the sun is yellow; I'm just sayin' is all.

98Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:05 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I guess I should have thought about that. Reputation system - Page 7 270956 I don't think there was a way to track +s and -s, but I could be wrong.

It had filtered into one of the other threads I think, someone was moaning about a lost rep point and I noticed you were having issues with yours and I wanted to avoid any further damage. I never liked them anyway for reasons I've stated many times, I was basically looking for a reason.

Ok; so learnings from this experience : AVOID KNEE JERK REACTIONS Smile

99Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:15 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I disagree. Nothing you've said here makes me think abuse of the system was 100% fact.

You present this as fact when that absolutely is not. He suspects someone based on very poor quality evidence. I certainly can't say he's wrong but there's nothing to prove him right.

Excuse me for saying so but when I read your posts, I feel you would disagree with Rooney if he told you the sky is blue, the clouds are white (or various degrees of gray) and the sun is yellow; I'm just sayin' is all.

Reputation system - Page 7 555703

You know, I've never noticed that once in all my time here or ever felt that way. Reputation system - Page 7 159628

100Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:53 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
asq2 wrote:Just curious; how did you count the +s and -s?

If you hovered over the green or red bar the tooltip displayed how many gave you rep points and how many took them away.

Ah.

Reputation system - Page 7 The_more_you_know

101Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:

Not really. I didn't want the system anymore.

102Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The rep system isn't coming back as far as I'm concerned. It caused way more issues than it solved.

103Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:46 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:The rep system isn't coming back as far as I'm concerned. It caused way more issues than it solved.

Reputation system - Page 7 I-miss-you-graphic-14

104Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:35 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

Not really. I didn't want the system anymore.

I guess that's the part where we say; fine, it's your board; Do what you want.

105Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TheAvatar wrote:
I guess that's the part where we say; fine, it's your board; Do what you want.

That's the lazy thing to think/say, yeah. I've explained in detail why I don't like the rep system. But if you think I'm pulling a 'power' move because I'm a co-founder of this site (and I do it all the time?), then so be it.

106Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:The rep system isn't coming back as far as I'm concerned. It caused way more issues than it solved.

If we can find a way to track who gives -s and +s, then we can put it back on, but you know how I feel about it being 100% anonymous.

107Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:36 am

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

If we can find a way to track who gives -s and +s, then we can put it back on, but you know how I feel about it being 100% anonymous.
if your going to give out rep points you should just leave a comment, (this was already a suggestion) simple if you don't like a post you should just say why, no one should take offense for getting a -, people act like it was the end of the world, and some people have to grow up and be more responsible, when giving out points, we have some weird threads these days...

108Reputation system - Page 7 Empty Re: Reputation system Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:59 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

sens4win wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:

if your going to give out rep points you should just leave a comment, (this was already a suggestion) simple if you don't like a post you should just say why, no one should take offense for getting a -, people act like it was the end of the world, and some people have to grow up and be more responsible, when giving out points, we have some weird threads these days...

Yeah, the dog days of summer for news craved Sens fans ... Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum