GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reputation system

+15
beerandsens
rooneypoo
Ev
Amnesia021
TheAvatar
asq2
The Silfer Server
wprager
shabbs
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should we re-instate the Reputation system

Reputation system Vote_lcap240%Reputation system Vote_rcap2 40% [ 10 ]
Reputation system Vote_lcap260%Reputation system Vote_rcap2 60% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

1Reputation system Empty Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:44 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I personally feel this system was removed prematurely and with out any evidence that there was a problem with it out side of Rooney suggesting that because he lost 13 or 14 rep points in a week that there must be a problem with it. I haven't received a single PM suggesting there's a problem with it. I haven't seen a single post other than from Rooney suggesting there's a problem with it. The only posts from other members agreeing with Rooney are premised with the fact that IF Rooney's assertion is in fact correct then that is not cool.

I actually have an issue with removing the system based on that and put it to the members. Would you like the reputation system re-instated.

I don't like to post non Hockey polls on the main board but I think this one warrants it. Please vote.

- Unknown Author

2Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:49 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I personally feel this system was removed prematurely and with out any evidence that there was a problem with it out side of Rooney suggesting that because he lost 13 or 14 rep points in a week that there must be a problem with it. I haven't received a single PM suggesting there's a problem with it. I haven't seen a single post other than from Rooney suggesting there's a problem with it. The only posts from other members agreeing with Rooney are premised with the fact that IF Rooney's assertion is in fact correct then that is not cool.

I actually have an issue with removing the system based on that and put it to the members. Would you like the reputation system re-instated.

I don't like to post non Hockey polls on the main board but I think this one warrants it. Please vote.

Bring it back! It's a cool system outside of the immatures who use it. seriously for every immature user, there are 10 knowledgeable users. If someone is getting minused unnecessarily, I think the mods and whoever else can balance it out. I promise to help out anyone with this issue

3Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're begging for immaturity and problems with this rep system. I wrote this in the State of Discussions and I stand by it:

The rep points thing was something that I was very wary about from the beginning. I thought it was a great chance for people to minus people for reasons other than the hockey chat. It's not a secret that people on here have had issues with others, it's probably gonna happen 90% of the time on a chat board. I didn't want to see anyone get their feelings hurt by being given minuses all the time.

A lot of the time I would see someone get a minus and I would plus them, I can't take that kind of negativity as a rule. I think there's much better ways to resolve whatever conflict you might have with someone through posts instead of being able to sneak around and make them look silly with a -20 point total.

But then it seemed to work for a while and different people were given many of the rep points for doing what some would consider the best GDTs for the Sens. Others for good threads or really good posts. It was a nice thing to get from time to time. I wanted to keep it.

Then this BS starts. What can you do? I'd rather take the feature away than to try to 'smooth' the issue over. Now if people want to 'minus' and opinion, they're forced to talk it out or sit there fuming. I don't mind that personally.

4Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:08 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

I'm more an avid reader of this fine site. Only on rare occasion I feel I have something worthy to contribute. My post count can attest to that. Having mentioned that, my opinion on this matter may not be as worthy as some of your regular posters. Despite that I will have to agree with Rooney. The system as is I don't like. There's got to be accountability. If there's going to be ratings, at the very least a negative rating should be accompanied with a post as to why you gave one. It should be mandatory on the part of the poster who gives the negative rating. I have no idea if that's technically possible but if it isn't I vote to abolish rep points.

5Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:17 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

strachattack wrote:I'm more an avid reader of this fine site. Only on rare occasion I feel I have something worthy to contribute. My post count can attest to that. Having mentioned that, my opinion on this matter may not be as worthy as some of your regular posters. Despite that I will have to agree with Rooney. The system as is I don't like. There's got to be accountability. If there's going to be ratings, at the very least a negative rating should be accompanied with a post as to why you gave one. It should be mandatory on the part of the poster who gives the negative rating. I have no idea if that's technically possible but if it isn't I vote to abolish rep points.

Agreed. And it doesn't just go to Rooney, this goes for anyone. By all means, I'd take a '-', but I'd rather have the chance to defend my position instead of not knowing who did it and why.

6Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:23 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hey gang! WTF happened to my rep points? I earned those fair and square and they are a good way to measure the validity of my opinions.

Remember the big Spezza debate and I chimed in with "Source?". Rep point : EARNED.

Or how about the Tim Thomas signing when I declared "That's a lotta lettuce". Rep point : EARNED

There's more but you get the idea.

7Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:28 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I think the rep system is stupid. We're mostly a bunch of regulars here I don't think we need a number to identify how 'worthy' we are do we ?

It's also open to abuse, ie. downrepping people for fun or because you disagree etc.

I rarely used it, I did + rooney earlier because I like his posts and thought he didn't deserve that. I do remember beeing a bit peeved when I didn't receive any rep for what I thought was a good post tho lol.

I don't think it was removed for the right reason but I don't think it added anything to the site either.

The only thing that should matter here is HOCKEY not rep.

8Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:36 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I think the rep system is stupid. We're mostly a bunch of regulars here I don't think we need a number to identify how 'worthy' we are do we ?

It's also open to abuse, ie. downrepping people for fun or because you disagree etc.

I rarely used it, I did + rooney earlier because I like his posts and thought he didn't deserve that. I do remember beeing a bit peeved when I didn't receive any rep for what I thought was a good post tho lol.

I don't think it was removed for the right reason but I don't think it added anything to the site either.

The only thing that should matter here is HOCKEY not rep.

What's the right reason though? It was creating drama, pain, suffering and headaches for the Admins. I felt it was NOT worth it, like you say in the post basically. I stand by that, we don't need +s or -s. But, if we bring it back, I'd love to see some accountability for them.

9Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd like to use my rep points to purchase an additional Bob A. Fett, please.

10Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'd like to use my rep points to purchase an additional Bob A. Fett, please.

Laugh1

11Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:44 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'd like to use my rep points to purchase an additional Bob A. Fett, please.

Reputation system 270956

Is that a "no"? Reputation system Icon_sad

12Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:48 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Reputation system 270956

In all seriousness, you're talking to someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of...the Bobba Fetts. I assume it's based on # of posts, but I can't be positive about that. Ahhhhh!

13Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:50 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Reputation system 270956

In all seriousness, you're talking to someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of...the Bobba Fetts. I assume it's based on # of posts, but I can't be positive about that. Ahhhhh!

It's number of posts. It's all in good fun.

- Unknown Author

14Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:51 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Reputation system 270956

Is it though....

*checks posts*

*checks Boba Fetts*

*wonders*

15Reputation system Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:53 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Reputation system 270956

Is it though....

*checks posts*

*checks Boba Fetts*

*wonders*

Hoags has 3, SSF has 4, I have 5 because I'm a Co-Founder so Razz. You get your 5th and final Boba Fett when you reach SIR Montagoose Status.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum