GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Portable iPod Speaker System

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Portable iPod Speaker System Empty Portable iPod Speaker System Thu May 21, 2009 1:40 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Been looking for a nice portable iPod speaker system with remote for a while now. All the ones I've looked at have either felt flimsy and cheap or sounded like crap.

Finally settled on the Harman/Kardon Go + Play system:

Portable iPod Speaker System HKGOPLAY5BLK

More info: http://www.harmankardon.com/

It ain't cheap... but man does it sound good and it controls/charges all the iPods we have, including the iPod Touch I recently got. The remote took a bit to get used to but works well once you figure it all out.

I gave the Bose Soundock Portable a look but it was even more expensive than the h/k and didn't sound as good in my opinion.

I'm curious what other people's experience are with portable iPod speakers.

Now... time to relax outside and enjoy the music...

2Portable iPod Speaker System Empty Re: Portable iPod Speaker System Sat May 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I went the el-cheapo route - my kids use it for hockey and soccer.
We got the Logitech Pure-Fi (older white version, not the V2 now being sold) from Costco. It was about $85, I think.

So far, sound was decent - seems to be dying slowly though. Perhaps due to the excessive bass and max volume. Or perhaps because it has spent too much time either tossed in a hockey/soccer bag. Definitely not something that I'd use for audiophile quality listening, but didn't seem to bother the kids.

I like your choice - very impressive.

3Portable iPod Speaker System Empty Re: Portable iPod Speaker System Sun May 24, 2009 9:21 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The current version of the Logitech Pure-Fi has received some very good reviews based on price for performance. I suspect the abuse your one has taken has factored in it's slow demise.

There's portable, and then there's throw it in a hockey/soccer bag portable.

Wink

4Portable iPod Speaker System Empty Re: Portable iPod Speaker System Sun May 24, 2009 5:45 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

It didn't say not to...

Razz

I wonder if it's still covered under Costco's return policy...

"uhh...sir...I can't take that back...I'm afraid to even touch it..."
"...and how exactly did you make electronics smell like that?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum