GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forumotion ranking system.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forumotion ranking system. Empty Forumotion ranking system. Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Have I said I hate how Forumotion ranks their forums?

In the Category GMHockey is in we rank 7th. You know why? Because we have less topics started over the last 3 months than the 6 forums above us.

It doesn't matter that we slaughter every forum in our category in just about every other way they use to measure.

Topics over the past 2 years we lead by almost 2000 topics.
New users in the past 2 years we rank 3rd
Number of posts in the last 3 months - 28,000 posts with second place at 6,900
Number of posts in the last 2 years - 157,500 posts with second place at 21,100
Number of activity points in the last 2 years - 16,489 with second place at 3,877

Arghh!!!

- Unknown Author

2Forumotion ranking system. Empty Re: Forumotion ranking system. Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:23 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All hail Andy Sutton!

3Forumotion ranking system. Empty Re: Forumotion ranking system. Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pfft. They can stick their ratings system up their ***. Forumotion ranking system. 805406

4Forumotion ranking system. Empty Re: Forumotion ranking system. Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:52 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Pfft. They can stick their ratings system up their ***. Forumotion ranking system. 805406

I'm inclined to agree except that forumotion rotates a display that shows the top 10 of each category on their main page. If we slip out because we don't have a tonne of empty topics it's kind of stupid.

- Unknown Author

5Forumotion ranking system. Empty Re: Forumotion ranking system. Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:53 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Pfft. They can stick their ratings system up their ***. Forumotion ranking system. 805406

I'm inclined to agree except that forumotion rotates a display that shows the top 10 of each category on their main page. If we slip out because we don't have a tonne of empty topics it's kind of stupid.

And happy.

6Forumotion ranking system. Empty Re: Forumotion ranking system. Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:58 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

And happy.

And crappy because I'm sure it drives some traffic our way.

- Unknown Author

7Forumotion ranking system. Empty Re: Forumotion ranking system. Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:All hail Andy Sutton!

I think you should start an Andy Sutton Appreciation topic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum