GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

From the forum hosting site Forumotion.

+2
stempniaksen
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1From the forum hosting site Forumotion. Empty From the forum hosting site Forumotion. Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Forumotion is pleased to announce that your forum is now optimized for browsing via mobile phones. We're still in the beta version of the feature, but you can now browse your forum with your smartphone

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I tried surfing here with my blackberry once, damn near impossible. Hopefully this helps!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhhh!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't personally have a smartphone but I'm very excited about this development and look forward to hearing from users that try browsing with their smartphones.

**Important note: you will only be able to browse the forum as a guest. No posting yet.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Stempy's verdict:

- A lot cleaner looking, everything actually fits on the screen as well so there's no unnecessary scrolling.

- It's missing the 'latest topics' area (which is basically all I use) so that is a little bit frustrating, but completely understandable as far as keeping it esthetically pleasing.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice. I like it. Would be nice to have the "latest topics" for sure. Here's what it looks like on my BB:

From the forum hosting site Forumotion. Capture194224

Can't seem to jump to the most recent post on a thread though... have to page through all of the pages...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Nice. I like it. Would be nice to have the "latest topics" for sure. Here's what it looks like on my BB:

From the forum hosting site Forumotion. Capture194224

Can't seem to jump to the most recent post on a thread though... have to page through all of the pages...

I think it was probably rushed out which is why it's not fully functional yet. The latest topics probably only come up if your logged in which you can't do yet. You can only view as a guest at this point so hopefully it's improves once it's fully up and running.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Latest Topics shows up whether you're logged in or not.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Latest Topics shows up whether you're logged in or not.

I don't mean the latest topics widget I mean the highlighted topics showing new messages. Does that show up when not logged in?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Not sure what you mean by "highlighted topics" vs "latest topics". When you are logged out, the list of "Latest Topics" is down the left hand side and the topics are active (ie: you can click on them) and it takes you to the most recent message in the thread.

I pretty much only use that widget when browsing what's new.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Not sure what you mean by "highlighted topics" vs "latest topics". When you are logged out, the list of "Latest Topics" is down the left hand side and the topics are active (ie: you can click on them) and it takes you to the most recent message in the thread.

I pretty much only use that widget when browsing what's new.

That's probably why you don't know what I'm talking about. If you look at the main board and there are new messages in a forum then they will have a red mark beside them. For example Random thoughts has a red square to the left of it or a white square depending on whether or not there are read or unread items in there.

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

ive browsed these forums from my phone for quite a while. greatly prefer using the standard layout etc. over the mobile one.

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

garblar wrote:ive browsed these forums from my phone for quite a while. greatly prefer using the standard layout etc. over the mobile one.
At work, they follow your internet use so at lunch, I use my Iphone to check out websites including this one. I agree with above comments and prefer standard layout. Maybe I'm just used to the standard format but the mobile format is difficult to navigate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum