GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reputation system

+15
beerandsens
rooneypoo
Ev
Amnesia021
TheAvatar
asq2
The Silfer Server
wprager
shabbs
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should we re-instate the Reputation system

Reputation system - Page 2 Vote_lcap240%Reputation system - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 10 ]
Reputation system - Page 2 Vote_lcap260%Reputation system - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

16Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:50 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'd like to use my rep points to purchase an additional Bob A. Fett, please.

Reputation system - Page 2 270956

Is that a "no"? Reputation system - Page 2 Icon_sad

In all seriousness, you're talking to someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of...the Bobba Fetts. I assume it's based on # of posts, but I can't be positive about that. Ahhhhh!

It's number of posts. It's all in good fun.

17Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:51 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I'd like to use my rep points to purchase an additional Bob A. Fett, please.

In all seriousness, you're talking to someone who doesn't know the ins and outs of...the Bobba Fetts. I assume it's based on # of posts, but I can't be positive about that. Ahhhhh!

Is it though....

*checks posts*

*checks Boba Fetts*

*wonders*

18Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:53 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Is it though....

*checks posts*

*checks Boba Fetts*

*wonders*

Hoags has 3, SSF has 4, I have 5 because I'm a Co-Founder so Razz. You get your 5th and final Boba Fett when you reach SIR Montagoose Status.

19Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:55 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SIR Montagoose?

Hmmm...

*cracks knuckles*

Time to get to work...

Wink

20Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:57 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't laugh, I wanted to have the 5 Bobba Fetts changed to Darth Montagoose. But sadly, I was rebuffed by the fun-sucking Clutch. Wink

21Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:59 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:SIR Montagoose?

Hmmm...

*cracks knuckles*

Time to get to work...

Wink

If you hadn't gone on that little Hiatus you might have been there by now.

- Unknown Author

22Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:39 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Hmmm...

*cracks knuckles*

Time to get to work...

Wink

I think I should change SIR back to 13,000 posts (like I had a couple of days ago ... and Shabbs *totally* missed it, even after I blatantly called his attention to it .... tsk tsk).

Back on topic. I would be completely find if negative rep points had to be justified with a post (or positive ones, for that matter). Can we talk to the developers of this feature? Surely this is not the first forum to have children with keyboards.

23Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:41 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

^ Agreed 100% Prager. It would make me feel a lot better.

24Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:10 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:Hey gang! WTF happened to my rep points? I earned those fair and square and they are a good way to measure the validity of my opinions.

Remember the big Spezza debate and I chimed in with "Source?". Rep point : EARNED.

Or how about the Tim Thomas signing when I declared "That's a lotta lettuce". Rep point : EARNED

There's more but you get the idea.

Source?

25Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:30 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bass Destruction wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Hey gang! WTF happened to my rep points? I earned those fair and square and they are a good way to measure the validity of my opinions.

Remember the big Spezza debate and I chimed in with "Source?". Rep point : EARNED.

Or how about the Tim Thomas signing when I declared "That's a lotta lettuce". Rep point : EARNED

Source?

In the olden days, that would have been Rep point : EARNED

26Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:42 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:

Source?

In the olden days, that would have been Rep point : EARNED

CONFIRMED!!

27Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:21 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

It's not just that Rooney lost 13 or 14 in a week, it's that some poster was going back to posts from ages ago and minus-ing them. I doubt it's because he or she was taking a trip down memory lane and then found disagreeable posts.

Until the mods can figure out some way to remedy this -- figuring out a way to see who's giving the minuses, or maybe only having a + option -- I'm going with "no" on this poll. Because if what happened to Rooney isn't a problem, I don't see what the point or value of rep is.

28Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:50 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:It's not just that Rooney lost 13 or 14 in a week, it's that some poster was going back to posts from ages ago and minus-ing them. I doubt it's because he or she was taking a trip down memory lane and then found disagreeable posts.

Until the mods can figure out some way to remedy this -- figuring out a way to see who's giving the minuses, or maybe only having a + option -- I'm going with "no" on this poll. Because if what happened to Rooney isn't a problem, I don't see what the point or value of rep is.

I do think it is a problem, but nothing I don't think that can be fixed. I like the idea of no '-' actually....instead if you don't like something, report to the moderator. If the moderator sees enough flags on some post, they can delete it or let the user know via PM that this conduct will not be tolerated.

Last edited by Michallica on Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

29Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:52 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Unless you make the rating system an unlockable (if at all possible). So you unlock the right to + or - someone after you've posted x number of posts. This way dummy accounts cannot be created to sway reputations.

There are of course issues with this, you get back to an elitist mentality. And this could also lend to more fluffing. But even if it does create more fluffing, you could look on the bright side and take it as more traffic on the site.

30Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:00 pm

Bass Destruction wrote:Unless you make the rating system an unlockable (if at all possible). So you unlock the right to + or - someone after you've posted x number of posts. This way dummy accounts cannot be created to sway reputations.

There are of course issues with this, you get back to an elitist mentality. And this could also lend to more fluffing. But even if it does create more fluffing, you could look on the bright side and take it as more traffic on the site.

That seems a little paranoid. Reputation system - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Reputation system - Page 2 735732

31Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Nice...

32Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:24 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Hmmm...

*cracks knuckles*

Time to get to work...

Wink

I think I should change SIR back to 13,000 posts (like I had a couple of days ago ... and Shabbs *totally* missed it, even after I blatantly called his attention to it .... tsk tsk).

Back on topic. I would be completely find if negative rep points had to be justified with a post (or positive ones, for that matter). Can we talk to the developers of this feature? Surely this is not the first forum to have children with keyboards.

As far as I know it's open source so fill your boots.

33Reputation system - Page 2 Empty Re: Reputation system Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:06 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

asq3 wrote:
Bass Destruction wrote:Unless you make the rating system an unlockable (if at all possible). So you unlock the right to + or - someone after you've posted x number of posts. This way dummy accounts cannot be created to sway reputations.

That seems a little paranoid. Reputation system - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Reputation system - Page 2 735732

I didn't even catch on that it was your asq3 account. I thought you were being a bit of a dick, and threw that extra smiley on to ease the blow.

And I really didn't understand shabbs' comment... Thought he was just kicking me while i was down or something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum