GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reputation system

+15
beerandsens
rooneypoo
Ev
Amnesia021
TheAvatar
asq2
The Silfer Server
wprager
shabbs
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
strachattack
PTFlea
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Should we re-instate the Reputation system

Reputation system - Page 5 Vote_lcap240%Reputation system - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 10 ]
Reputation system - Page 5 Vote_lcap260%Reputation system - Page 5 Vote_rcap2 60% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

61Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:48 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The Cap 'n is right Dr. Poo... there is certainly the "look and feel" of something going on, but there is no indisputable evidence that I've seen that would support this as "100% fact".

62Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:09 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Umm, guys, what Rooney did was fairly simple. The only thing I did not have is his starting points, but there is no reason to suggest he'd be exaggerating them.

From that starting point(s), he went over all of his posts for a week, checking the pluses and minuses on each post -- that's fairly simple to do, actually. And over that time period he was either a +1 or a -1. However his reputation dropped 13-14 points. If the rep points were not taken away from the posts he did over that time period, then they must have been taken away from older posts. That much is 100%.

And, honestly, it's a little difficult to believe that he could lose 14 points from someone catching up reading old stuff. So, maybe not 100%, but I believe the evidence does indicate something not-quite-kosher going on. And, really, is that so difficult to believe? Like Neely, Rooney is making some enemies here but they are not content with just putting him on their foes list. It's immature, to be sure, but very believable that someone could go on a personal crusade to bring his points down, even if they have to wait 25 minutes between minuses and hunt down old posts to do so.

Now, picking up a second account just to do it faster? Maybe a bit less believable, but still possible.

63Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:20 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yes, it does indicate something is going on... that is true. Problem is, unless someone comes forth and owns up to the activities, or logs can be obtained to prove Rooney's suggestion, we're left making educated guesses.

At any rate, the important thing is that the owners/mods are attempting to address this issue and ensure it's kept at bay.

64Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:02 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yay mods!

65Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:04 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Yay mods!
When they behave...

Wink

66Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:20 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:Unbanned?

CONFIRMED!!!

source?

67Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:28 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

gawd that's annoying.

68Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:30 pm

says the guy who posts Reputation system - Page 5 226479 for no reason...

69Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DirtyDave wrote:says the guy who posts Reputation system - Page 5 226479 for no reason...

Do you ever need a reason to post HappyDance1 ?

70Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:36 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

DirtyDave wrote:says the guy who posts Reputation system - Page 5 226479 for no reason...

I think I only posted it once and actually, I had a good reason to post it so Grumbling

71Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Let's stop the 'source' and 'confirmed' posts please. It is getting annoying.

72Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Let's stop the 'source' and 'confirmed' posts please. It is getting annoying.

This!

73Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Let's stop the 'source' and 'confirmed' posts please. It is getting annoying.

This!

Any Habs rumors?

74Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

i think th bryaAn Murray sholud trade for Erik Cole erik Cole is exactly the kind of player the Sens need and Murray should get him in a trade becuase the Sens need a power forward like erik cole.

75Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

See what you get when there is no fear of de-repping?

76Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:38 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:See what you get when there is no fear of de-repping?

Sens Buzz?

77Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:38 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Erik Daze would be a better fit for the Sens though. I'd give him a nice 3x3 deal.

78Reputation system - Page 5 Empty Re: Reputation system Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

This!

Any Habs rumors?

NO. But here are some Habs facts:

Reputation system - Page 5 65556

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum