GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumours from SensChirp

+14
wprager
LeCaptain
Hayden
Phoenix30
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
rooneypoo
caissie_1
TheAvatar
SDH89
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

46Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:56 pm

N4L wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:
N4L wrote:To get Weber you are looking at Spezza, A Train, and a 1st, minimum. More likely Spezza, Cowen, and O'Brien or Spezza, A Train, Wiercoich, and a 2nd.

Dont even think about adding Wilson into a deal.

Then the answer is no.

I would suggest this is coloured by the fact that you are a card carrying Spezza hater. Weber is very good but a #1 center, one of the top defensive defencemen in the league and a first for Weber. No way, too much.

I would do Spezza, Cowen, and O'Brien however.

You do realize Weber is probably the best defeseman on the planet under 25 right? He might be the best defenseman on the planet.

I realize the quality of player Weber is. However in today's market *if* the guy wants out, you do not get the moon and stars for him. A trade like Heatley for Hossa is very rare. Usually it is a move where you get one player you want and some potentials. Sound familiar?

Look at the Heatley deal. Heatley (despite our collective hatred) is a top 5 winger in this league. Prolific goal scorer.

We got Michalek who has been great for us, a second rounder and Cheechoo who was a San Jose salary dump. Oh and we had to package a pick back the other way.

A #1 center, a top prospect defenseman and a prospect forward should be enough to get a top defenceman.

If Spezza has a change of scenery and less media pressure he could easily get back to 100 pts.

If Cowen is healthy, he will be an elite shut down defenceman for years in this league. Pronger-esque size and a nasty streak while being competent offensively Not great but Phillips type competence.

O'Brien needs to add some weight but could be a very credible forward if he does.

47Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:57 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I stand by my

Cowen
1st Rounder
Volchenkov
Foligno

for

Weber
Dumont

I stand by it - and I would do it in a heartbeat.

You're looking at Spezza, A Train, and probably a prospect of their choosing.

The only problem with that is that they are near the cap minimum for a reason, so they'll probably want to offload some salary as well, in order to even things out. It wouldn't be Dumont, since he produces well for his hit. I don't even know who it would be, maybe Dan Ellis, even if it is just for this year.

48Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:58 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:
N4L wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:
N4L wrote:To get Weber you are looking at Spezza, A Train, and a 1st, minimum. More likely Spezza, Cowen, and O'Brien or Spezza, A Train, Wiercoich, and a 2nd.

Then the answer is no.

I would suggest this is coloured by the fact that you are a card carrying Spezza hater. Weber is very good but a #1 center, one of the top defensive defencemen in the league and a first for Weber. No way, too much.

You do realize Weber is probably the best defeseman on the planet under 25 right? He might be the best defenseman on the planet.

I realize the quality of player Weber is. However in today's market *if* the guy wants out, you do not get the moon and stars for him. A trade like Heatley for Hossa is very rare. Usually it is a move where you get one player you want and some potentials. Sound familiar?

Look at the Heatley deal. Heatley (despite our collective hatred) is a top 5 winger in this league. Prolific goal scorer.

We got Michalek who has been great for us, a second rounder and Cheechoo who was a San Jose salary dump. Oh and we had to package a pick back the other way.

A #1 center, a top prospect defenseman and a prospect forward should be enough to get a top defenceman.

If Spezza has a change of scenery and less media pressure he could easily get back to 100 pts.

If Cowen is healthy, he will be an elite shut down defenceman for years in this league. Pronger-esque size and a nasty streak while being competent offensively Not great but Phillips type competence.

O'Brien needs to add some weight but could be a very credible forward if he does.

Difference is Weber can get dealt to any team in the league and every team in the league would be intetested.

If Crosby asked to be traded it wouldnt kill his value.

Spezza will never get back to 100 points, Jesus, he's never in his life hit 100 points but somehow he will easily get there? In nashville? With less tallent then he has now? Haha, dude, not even close to possible.

49Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:00 pm

Bass Destruction wrote:
N4L wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I stand by my

Cowen
1st Rounder
Volchenkov
Foligno

for

Weber
Dumont

I stand by it - and I would do it in a heartbeat.

You're looking at Spezza, A Train, and probably a prospect of their choosing.

The only problem with that is that they are near the cap minimum for a reason, so they'll probably want to offload some salary as well, in order to even things out. It wouldn't be Dumont, since he produces well for his hit. I don't even know who it would be, maybe Dan Ellis, even if it is just for this year.

No clue... maybe Dumonte, but I doubt it.

50Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:03 pm

Weber is basically the Crosby of defense at this point.

51Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:05 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

MurderOnIce wrote:
N4L wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

Then the answer is no.

The Heatley situation and the Weber situation are not comparable in my opinion. Heatley was in his prime, just signed a deal, a commitment to a team that rewarded him with an elite contract and demanded a trade, publicly. Weber, however, is just speculated to want out. He's entering his prime soon, but is arguably not even there yet (scary!), and is on a more than reasonable salary. He has had no issues in his past, unlike heatley, and does not have a NTC (i don't believe), so will not be able to dictate where he will go.

If they were to shop Weber around, teams would line up for him. And the price will go up as Nashville will have all the power in the negotiations, and will just leverage offers against themselves until they can't anymore.

The team getting Weber will be paying up the wazoo to get him, and more than likely, it will be worth it!

52Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:07 pm

Just imagine if Ovechkin or Crosby asked to be traded... same principal.

53Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:09 pm

When you talk about Weber you are talking about a player who is the best in the world at his position. (arguably). 100% Canada's best D man.

54Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:10 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

NSH has a few bad contracts they might be looking to offload. Erat and Legwand are prime examples -- $4.5 mil a piece for two very inconsistent players -- I could honestly see NSH wanting to get out from under those contracts.

Maybe:

Spezza + [prospect + 1st] OR + Volchenkov [with extension]
Weber + Legwand OR Erat

Something like that.

The only way Weber moves, tho', I agree, is if he wants to move. NSH would be TB-stupid to move him for the sake of moving him.

55Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Look at what Pronger went for... Weber is worth more than that.

Weber is a guy that is going to get you 50 plus points going forward, score you close to 20 goals a year, be your number 1 shut down guys, and play 25 plus mins a night.

56Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:22 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

If Nashville was Ottawa and Poile trades Weber he would get an effigy burning Pocklington style.
Do you guys really see a team struggling financially trading their franchise player? Or amy be they are ready to be relocated...
Let's just slowly forget about this rumour.

57Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:24 pm

marakh wrote:If Nashville was Ottawa and Poile trades Weber he would get an effigy burning Pocklington style.
Do you guys really see a team struggling financially trading their franchise player? Or amy be they are ready to be relocated...
Let's just slowly forget about this rumour.

I agree with that 100%.

If it was Weber getting dealt out of Ottawa, haha, WOW, couldnt even imagine what people would be saying.

The fact some people think Spezza plus trash would get him is laughable at best even if this rumour was true.

58Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:35 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:
N4L wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

Then the answer is no.

For the record, there have only been 3 players over the last 2 years who have gotten to 100pts, Crosby, Malkin, and Ovechkin. 5 times in 2 years it's been done but Spezza will easily get there considering he has never done it before?

I just want to make sure I have this right. It's Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, and Spezza?

59Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:45 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nashville wouldn't even take Crosby because they're so fuckin cheap.

60Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm afraid any deal with Nashville will involve Fisher.

61Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:50 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Holy ****, Weber?

62Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:52 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I'm afraid any deal with Nashville will involve Fisher.

That would suck. Then again, Weber's a 24 year old, 6-4, 230lbs defenceman who had 23 goals and 53 points last season.

63Rumours from SensChirp - Page 4 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:53 pm

asq2 wrote:
wprager wrote:I'm afraid any deal with Nashville will involve Fisher.

That would suck. Then again, Weber's a 24 year old, 6-4, 230lbs defenceman who had 23 goals and 53 points last season.

Most complete defenseman in the world.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum