GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SensChirp Chat Highlights - Nov 28, 08

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SensChirp Chat Highlights - Nov 28, 08 Empty SensChirp Chat Highlights - Nov 28, 08 Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Okay guys, based on the transcript of the chat today, I tried to weed out the highlights. Here you go:

Clutch: So what's with the Jay bo thing? Are we getting trumped?

Chirp: Well not yet I dont think. But Martin is giving teams every chance to do so...

Cap'n Clutch : Welcome Chirp and thanks for coming on behalf of GMHockey myself, Heater and Cronie
blazer_2458 : and Blaze

SensChirp : Its good to be here..Especially the day after a win over the Leafs! I wish I had more concrete info on J-Bo..But what I do know is Ottawa has made an offer and it seems to be the best one at this point.

smash88 : Do we know what the offer was exactly?

Chirp: I do not..but Im pretty certain it will include Vermette and 1st rounder.

blazer_2458 : SensChirp, do you have any information about the type and value of trades that were floating around this summer for Spezza?

SensChirp : Apparently Murray was very close to moving Spezza at the draft.

Cronenbergfan : Wow, was it to Edmonton Chirp? that's what I heard...

SensChirp: Yes...it was. In fact, the Oilers thought the deal was done. I believe it was Gagner...and I think Schremp was in there too.

Cap'n Clutch : Is there even rumblings that other teams are preparing offers for Jaybo that could rival ours?

Chirp: I would assume so..Im not connected with other teams but I find it hard to believe other teams would not be interested. I had heard maybe the Flyers, in a deal for Carter, but thats not the salary savings florida is lookin for i dont think.

Cap'n Clutch : Do you really think Vermette is the offensive help they're lacking and would want in a Jaybo deal?

Chirp: Do I think so..no..haha does Martin..I hope so.

Neely4Life : What about the chances of Spezza going to Atlanta given thier current situation

Chirp: I just dont think Spezza is going anywhere..I just cant see it. Im biased in this..I really like Spezza and feel he just needs something to wake him up.

Number Twenty Nine : Spezza will be good, if he plays to his ability and not to the ability he thinks he has ie. Crosby 2.0

Chirp: haha exactly..thats what people are suggesting, and maybe it would be for the best for both sides.

PKC : defensemen (Brian Lee) take so long to come around

Chirp: especially ones drafted out of high school..

On the lack of info on trades:

Chirp: Murray really cracked the whip to try and stop this sort of thing, he visits my site to keep an eye on me. We can see his IP. It has been a whole lot more difficult to get info the past couple of months. See you next week, hopefully we'll have a J-Bo trade to discuss!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum