GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette?

+17
SensGirl11
Phoenix30
Urkie
cain69
LeCaptain
Hoags
Devo
shabbs
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
The Montagoose
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
beerandsens
asq2
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.senschirp.ca/

A few quick notes on the rumour front this afternoon...

The Nashville rumours are still there as the Senators and Predators continue to scout each other. There is still talk about a defenceman wanting out but a source today suggested that defenceman IS NOT Shea Weber.

There's still talk about Cody Franson but apparently the guy the Senators really like is Dan Hamhuis. Hamhuis is in the final year of his deal paying him $2 million a season. He is set to be a UFA at season's end and is not expected to return to Nashville.

Hamhuis has 12 points in 39 games this season for the Preds.

No word on what it would take to acquire a guy like Hamhuis but the Predators would likely want a young defenceman and perhaps a forward in return. That's just speculation on my part.

Another name that has come up is that of Andrew Brunette in Minnesota. Brunette would provide a veteran presence up front and could definitely help an ailing power play. Brunette has another year on a contract that pays him $2.3 mil a season.

Minnesota may have an interest Brian Lee.

The Senators focus remains on finding a top 4 defenceman but they wouldn't mind adding another natural winger that can play in their top 6.

As always, these are just rumours folks...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neither is an addition that's going to push us over the top. If we want to really go for it this season then Murray's going to have to make a move that requires some guts.

Hamhuis would be an alright acquisition because he's younger and could be re-signed (at the expense of Volchenkov?), but Brunette would be our third 36-year-old winger.

And where does Hamhuis fit into our blue-line? He hasn't been exactly lighting it up for the past couple years.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Neither is an addition that's going to push us over the top. If we want to really go for it this season then Murray's going to have to make a move that requires some guts.

Hamhuis would be an alright acquisition because he's younger and could be re-signed (at the expense of Volchenkov?), but Brunette would be our third 36-year-old winger.

And where does Hamhuis fit into our blue-line? He hasn't been exactly lighting it up for the past couple years.

I feel somewhat the same way actually. I think Brunette would rock it here if we could re-sign him immediately for 2.5 X 2, but that's highly unlikely.

Hamhuis is interesting though, if we could grab him, I could see him mentoring Karlsson and kicking arse on our blue line, but as you say, at A-Train's expense? I don't love that idea. Him and A-Train together would be awesome though.

I don't want either. This team is not a contender and adding parts like either of these guys does us nothing. Another 35+ forward? Gee, where do I sign up?

Seriously where does this crap come from?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:I don't want either. This team is not a contender and adding parts like either of these guys does us nothing. Another 35+ forward? Gee, where do I sign up?

Seriously where does this crap come from?

You wouldn't turn Brian Lee into Andrew Brunette?

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

^ I wouldn't, personally. He's too old and then it becomes Lee for nothing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beerandsens wrote:^ I wouldn't, personally. He's too old and then it becomes Lee for nothing.

And? Sarcasm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

2.3 for Burnette next year is 2.3 that you don't have for Volchenkov. At the deadline for nothing....maybe.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Too good to be true.

There you go... I'm crying now. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? Icon_sad

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:2.3 for Burnette next year is 2.3 that you don't have for Volchenkov. At the deadline for nothing....maybe.

Oh, my bad, he's signed for next year as well. Hmmmm...that's also 2.3 you don't have to worry about trying to spend on one of the crop of UFAs this summer - because we'll probably need something. Or maybe just a high class D-man, who knows.... confused

The Montagoose

Prospect
Prospect

Nope to neither. If Murray wants a top 4 then he needs to go get a legit top 4 that will be around for while. I have a feeling that it maybe Phillips that is moved before Atrain.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i, personaly, would also move phillips before A-train.

A-train is younger and we could sign him for 4-5 years.
A-train is the number one shotbl0ocker in the league in the past 4 years.
phillips has a year left after this one and hasn't been the same ( i expect we've seen his best years)

Sophomore
Sophomore

spezza and phillips to Calgary

bourque, boyd and phaneuf to Ottawa

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

111519 wrote:spezza and phillips to Calgary

bourque, boyd and phaneuf to Ottawa

eeeiiicchhhh.... SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? 484884 . not sure bout that. phaneuf sounds like he's got issues.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
dennycrane wrote:2.3 for Burnette next year is 2.3 that you don't have for Volchenkov. At the deadline for nothing....maybe.

Oh, my bad, he's signed for next year as well. Hmmmm...that's also 2.3 you don't have to worry about trying to spend on one of the crop of UFAs this summer - because we'll probably need something. Or maybe just a high class D-man, who knows.... confused

35 points so far for Brunette. Doesn't miss many games either.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum