GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette?

+17
SensGirl11
Phoenix30
Urkie
cain69
LeCaptain
Hoags
Devo
shabbs
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
The Montagoose
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
beerandsens
asq2
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Sophomore
Sophomore

spezza and phillips to Calgary

bourque, boyd and phaneuf to Ottawa

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

111519 wrote:spezza and phillips to Calgary

bourque, boyd and phaneuf to Ottawa

eeeiiicchhhh.... SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 2 484884 . not sure bout that. phaneuf sounds like he's got issues.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
dennycrane wrote:2.3 for Burnette next year is 2.3 that you don't have for Volchenkov. At the deadline for nothing....maybe.

Oh, my bad, he's signed for next year as well. Hmmmm...that's also 2.3 you don't have to worry about trying to spend on one of the crop of UFAs this summer - because we'll probably need something. Or maybe just a high class D-man, who knows.... confused

35 points so far for Brunette. Doesn't miss many games either.

How do we swing a Brunette-Lee swap anyway with our current cap situation?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:How do we swing a Brunette-Lee swap anyway with our current cap situation?

http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team.php?Team=23&date=2010-01-06

Says we have 2.3 in acquisition space as of today, so not enough. Someone would have to be demoted who's on a 2-way contract, so that's 700K, but it opens up some issues.

We'd need to clear another million to be safe.

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:How do we swing a Brunette-Lee swap anyway with our current cap situation?

http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team.php?Team=23&date=2010-01-06

Says we have 2.3 in acquisition space as of today, so not enough. Someone would have to be demoted who's on a 2-way contract, so that's 700K, but it opens up some issues.

We'd need to clear another million to be safe.

My next question would be why? Is this player that much of a difference maker to us? Sounds like a band-aid to me.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
My next question would be why? Is this player that much of a difference maker to us? Sounds like a band-aid to me.

Hard to say. He would be band-aid for sure, but he's a pretty solid one until Petersson or Silfverberg are ready to go. For 2.3 million he could be a forward on the PP and be the third member of Fisher's line, allowing for some mixing and matching.

Doesn't matter anyway, I believe he signed in Minny for a reason - and I doubt they would move him.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Wait, wait. The Minnesota Wild -- who have been starving for offense all year long -- are looking to trade Andrew Brunette? Brunette, who is one of the only forwards on the team producing consistently -- and who is cheap and working out in Minny -- and they want to do it for a defencemen, no less?

Yeah, sounds right to me. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 2 159628

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:Wait, wait. The Minnesota Wild -- who have been starving for offense all year long -- are looking to trade Andrew Brunette? Brunette, who is one of the only forwards on the team producing consistently -- and who is cheap and working out in Minny -- and they want to do it for a defencemen, no less?

Yeah, sounds right to me. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 2 159628
Maybe SensChirp forgot that Lemaire isn't there anymore...

Wink

Flo The Action wrote:i, personaly, would also move phillips before A-train.

A-train is younger and we could sign him for 4-5 years.
A-train is the number one shotbl0ocker in the league in the past 4 years.
phillips has a year left after this one and hasn't been the same ( i expect we've seen his best years)
Phillips is having a great year, I don't see where you get that he hasn't been the same. Moving Phillips is on par with moving Alfie in my opinion.

A-Train will be moved if he wants too much money, it's as simple as that. Murray needs to find a number he is good with, make the offer and if A-Train turns it down, he needs to be moved.

Hamhuis would be a great pickup, which would allow us to move Kuba in the off-season. Hamhuis for Lee and O'Brien would work, assuming we could resign him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:Wait, wait. The Minnesota Wild -- who have been starving for offense all year long -- are looking to trade Andrew Brunette? Brunette, who is one of the only forwards on the team producing consistently -- and who is cheap and working out in Minny -- and they want to do it for a defencemen, no less?

I guess if you're MIN, you have to wonder why. I think from an Ottawa point of view it's practically a no-brainer.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the Sens are targeting Paul Kariya for the trade deadline with the thoughts of re-signing him next year at a MAJORLY reduced rate. Like in the 3 million dollar area.

I think Murray likes Kariya and looks at him as a guy who could flourish if he's injury free and playing in the East.

This is purely a gut feeling, but I think this is the guy we're targeting.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I think the Sens are targeting Paul Kariya for the trade deadline with the thoughts of re-signing him next year at a MAJORLY reduced rate. Like in the 3 million dollar area.

I think Murray likes Kariya and looks at him as a guy who could flourish if he's injury free and playing in the East.

STL better stop being so conservative and do something themselves. I was thinking Kariya just this morning listening to the news of STL 6 game losing streak this AM on the radio.

Seriously. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 2 49849

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I think the Sens are targeting Paul Kariya for the trade deadline with the thoughts of re-signing him next year at a MAJORLY reduced rate. Like in the 3 million dollar area.

STL better stop being so conservative and do something themselves. I was thinking Kariya just this morning listening to the news of STL 6 game losing streak this AM on the radio.

Seriously. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 2 49849

Yeah? So you think that would be an idea that could help the Sens? I keep thinking about him being pretty much the perfect fit here. He's a LW, he's a great player when healthy and the horrendous price tag is only for this year - and only a third if we get him at the deadline.

Plus, he's probably more suited to the East.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Hopefully, Spezza would be going the other way -- obviously for more than just Kariya, tho' -- or anywhere else, for that matter. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 2 457303

We may be out of the playoff race come trade deadline day. If not the return of Alfie and Spezza will be our only forward additions IMO.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

beerandsens wrote:^ I wouldn't, personally. He's too old and then it becomes Lee for nothing.

TO be honest do you really think Lee has any value in the eyes of the other GM's. It's my understanding that they all know Murray has decided that he's not worthy of being on this team at this time and with Karlsson Cowen and Wiercoch coming he's got numbers against him.

I think you're grasping at straws if you think you'll get anything more than a 3rd round pick for him at this point and if that's the case then I'll take Hamhuis for the rest of the season to get us into the playoffs and then at least he's a fall back potential signing if Volchenkov proves to be too rich for our blood.

Devo

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Hopefully, Spezza would be going the other way -- obviously for more than just Kariya, tho' -- or anywhere else, for that matter. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 2 457303

What, really? You wanna throw in the towel on Spezza? I guess if we got back Andy Mac and another piece, but you have to question if that's the right move.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum