GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette?

+17
SensGirl11
Phoenix30
Urkie
cain69
LeCaptain
Hoags
Devo
shabbs
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
The Montagoose
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
beerandsens
asq2
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

We may be out of the playoff race come trade deadline day. If not the return of Alfie and Spezza will be our only forward additions IMO.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

beerandsens wrote:^ I wouldn't, personally. He's too old and then it becomes Lee for nothing.

TO be honest do you really think Lee has any value in the eyes of the other GM's. It's my understanding that they all know Murray has decided that he's not worthy of being on this team at this time and with Karlsson Cowen and Wiercoch coming he's got numbers against him.

I think you're grasping at straws if you think you'll get anything more than a 3rd round pick for him at this point and if that's the case then I'll take Hamhuis for the rest of the season to get us into the playoffs and then at least he's a fall back potential signing if Volchenkov proves to be too rich for our blood.

Devo

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Hopefully, Spezza would be going the other way -- obviously for more than just Kariya, tho' -- or anywhere else, for that matter. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 3 457303

What, really? You wanna throw in the towel on Spezza? I guess if we got back Andy Mac and another piece, but you have to question if that's the right move.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:
TO be honest do you really think Lee has any value in the eyes of the other GM's. It's my understanding that they all know Murray has decided that he's not worthy of being on this team at this time and with Karlsson Cowen and Wiercoch coming he's got numbers against him.

I think you're grasping at straws if you think you'll get anything more than a 3rd round pick for him at this point and if that's the case then I'll take Hamhuis for the rest of the season to get us into the playoffs and then at least he's a fall back potential signing if Volchenkov proves to be too rich for our blood.

Devo

You probably have some better insights than we do. Lee would never get us Hamhuis - which makes me very nervous. I don't really wanna send Lee and a pick just to get a UFA defender - unless that other piece is Kuba.

Lee is worthless. If he gets us a 3rd I'll be really, really happy. If he gets us someone good like Hamhuis or Whitney - and even if they walk in the summer, I would consider that a MAJOR coup.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Hopefully, Spezza would be going the other way -- obviously for more than just Kariya, tho' -- or anywhere else, for that matter. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 3 457303

What, really? You wanna throw in the towel on Spezza? I guess if we got back Andy Mac and another piece, but you have to question if that's the right move.

It's Dung or get off the pot time regarding Spezza. Maybe you try to surround him better and hope it pays off? Murray has to be open to studying different options for sure.

To answer your earlier question, I wouldn't like Kariya all that much. In fact, I like Brunette a lot better. Kariya is out with a head injury, by the way.

After Cowen's showing in the WJHC perhaps Lee's stock rose a bit within the Sens organization. I realize his ice-time was limited and all but when he was on the ice he looked slow and out of place. Lateral movement was also not fantastic. Can he keep up with an NHL pace?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any progress on these imminent deals?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I'm still confused why people want to trade for a 35+ forward when two of our top-6 are already that old and the Sens have no real forward propsects worth mentioning ?

Do you really want half your top-6 retiring in a couple of years with no successors in place ?

This team needs young top-6 talent to match our promising future lineup on the blueline and in goal (Lehner).

Hamhuis doesnt make much sense to me, unless we don't play on resigning A-train (which isn't looking good at the moment). Even then there's no guarantee Hamhuis would sign here.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I'm still confused why people want to trade for a 35+ forward when two of our top-6 are already that old and the Sens have no real forward propsects worth mentioning ?

Do you really want half your top-6 retiring in a couple of years with no successors in place ?

This team needs young top-6 talent to match our promising future lineup on the blueline and in goal (Lehner).

Why not? Petersson and Silfverberg are at least a season away and probably two seasons away. Don't you want to have some NHL wing depth in the mix until then?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

After defending him for years with the same old stuff -- he's young, he needs time, he's coming along, etc. -- I'm officially done with Spezza. I want him off our team. He makes us worse, not better. $7 mil / yr for 6 more years of what he brings to the table would be a complete debacle.

At this point, I consider all options and take what I can get.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
After defending him for years with the same old stuff -- he's young, he needs time, he's coming along, etc. -- I'm officially done with Spezza. I want him off our team. He makes us worse, not better. $7 mil / yr for 6 more years of what he brings to the table would be a complete debacle.

Why all of a sudden? Aren't you interested to see how he performs when he comes back?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm interested in seeing what Spezza does when he gets back. Only I'm more interested in seeing the Senators final record without having him in the lineup. Once we have that picture, then we'll truly know how difficult or easy it will be to move on without him and with the delicious return we might get.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:[
Why not? Petersson and Silfverberg are at least a season away and probably two seasons away. Don't you want to have some NHL wing depth in the mix until then?

I'm all for NHL wing depth, I'd just prefer someone who's career isn't winding down. We already count on Alfie and Kovalev for a good chunk of our offence, I'd prefer someone we could sign long-term if they do well here.

I'm not ready to bank our future offence on Petersson and Silfverberg yet.

As for Spezza he may have had a chance to rest his back with this injury and Michalek is clearly suffering without him. Let's not give up on #19 just yet.

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:
Devo wrote:

Devo

You probably have some better insights than we do. Lee would never get us Hamhuis - which makes me very nervous. I don't really wanna send Lee and a pick just to get a UFA defender - unless that other piece is Kuba.

Lee is worthless. If he gets us a 3rd I'll be really, really happy. If he gets us someone good like Hamhuis or Whitney - and even if they walk in the summer, I would consider that a MAJOR coup.

Sorry,

I never meant to imply that Lee for Hamhuis would be something that would happen. I'm just led to believe the Lee isn't going to be part of this teams future and other GM's know that. With that being the case you're not going to get a lot for Lee so packaging him up for an upgrade to Campoli, Karlsson, or Picard I'd be willing to do. That is depending on who the forward was that was involved.

I guess I just wanted to set the expectation on what one would get for Lee, it will not be much unless some GM loses his mind.

Kovalfie wrote:After Cowen's showing in the WJHC perhaps Lee's stock rose a bit within the Sens organization. I realize his ice-time was limited and all but when he was on the ice he looked slow and out of place. Lateral movement was also not fantastic. Can he keep up with an NHL pace?

I watched him very closely and he might honestly be the last thing I'm worried about, in terms of the Sens future.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I've been refreshing senschirp.ca nonstop for about 3 hours and all that's come up is "Tough Test in Washington".

Washington???? Who give a Diddle !!!

Anyone hear when we can expect an announcement on these deals?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Why all of a sudden? Aren't you interested to see how he performs when he comes back?

It's not "all of a sudden." It's a position I've come to, slowly, over the last 2 years, especially after seeing him live a number of nights. I'm not interested in seeing more of the same -- and it will be, for sure -- after he comes back, or next year. I'm interested in thinking about what this team will look like post-Spezza.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Soon. But not yet... not yet...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum