GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette?

+17
SensGirl11
Phoenix30
Urkie
cain69
LeCaptain
Hoags
Devo
shabbs
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
The Montagoose
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
beerandsens
asq2
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Urkie wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Urkie wrote:It would probably be Brunette or

Owen Nolan. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 14 489887

True. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 14 235689

I wouldn't mind taking James Sheppard off their hands though. He's struggling this year but he's still only 21 and he still has a lot of potential.

A Lee for Sheppard swap would be fine with me. That's if we're not getting Brunette.

I doubt we'd be trading for "potential".

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Urkie wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Owen Nolan. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 14 489887

I wouldn't mind taking James Sheppard off their hands though. He's struggling this year but he's still only 21 and he still has a lot of potential.

A Lee for Sheppard swap would be fine with me. That's if we're not getting Brunette.

At the cost of Lee? Give me a reason why not?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:How can we get Zidlicky into a Sens jersey with Brunette in the same trade? Cheechoo, Campoli, Lee, Cowen, Shannon?

Zidlicky is a UFA, no? Cowen? Diddle no!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Urkie wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

When you're a deadline "buyer" you're trading away "potential", generally, to acquire pieces for a playoff run.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Urkie wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

When you're a deadline "buyer" you're trading away "potential", generally, to acquire pieces for a playoff run.

That was a reason why, not a reason why not. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 14 805406

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:When you're a deadline "buyer" you're trading away "potential", generally, to acquire pieces for a playoff run.

I would normally agree with you but we need forwards for the future. Alfie and Kovalev aren't going to be around forever so why not get rid of a guy who doesn't look like he's going to help us much (Lee) for a guy that might fullfill a need in the future (Sheppard). I think he could really help this year anway if he was given a chance. And besides, we don't have much cap space to work with if Cheechoo hangs around...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Urkie wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That was a reason why, not a reason why not. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 14 805406

Söurce?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Söurce?

SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 14 821277 <-----------------------he told me! Get him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Urkie wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:When you're a deadline "buyer" you're trading away "potential", generally, to acquire pieces for a playoff run.

I would normally agree with you but we need forwards for the future. Alfie and Kovalev aren't going to be around forever so why not get rid of a guy who doesn't look like he's going to help us much (Lee) for a guy that might fullfill a need in the future (Sheppard). I think he could really help this year anway if he was given a chance. And besides, we don't have much cap space to work with if Cheechoo hangs around...

We're taking care of the future at the draft. Deadline trades are for the now.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Urkie wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Thanks for making my point?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum