GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette?

+17
SensGirl11
Phoenix30
Urkie
cain69
LeCaptain
Hoags
Devo
shabbs
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
The Montagoose
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
beerandsens
asq2
PTFlea
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

It's Murray, what do you expect? I highly doubt this is going to happen.

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Who are we going to move to get either of these guys? Where do we get the money?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:Who are we going to move to get either of these guys? Where do we get the money?

Right now, we have 2.3 million in cap space.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SensGirl11 wrote:Who are we going to move to get either of these guys? Where do we get the money?

Most likely Lee plus draft picks to get Brunette.

Somebody like Foligno would be the asking price for Hamhuis I would think. They would want a forward in return.

As for the cap space. I think we would be good in both scenarios but maybe Campoli or Picard would have to hit waivers to give us some breathing room in the Brunette case.

Last edited by Urkie on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Really? How? I didn't realize we had that much.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That's the way it goes. By next week we'll have 2.4, by the deadline we'll have 5.7. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 7 235689 SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 7 805406

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

That's the way it goes. By next week we'll have 2.4, by the deadline we'll have 5.7. SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 7 235689 SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 7 805406

Holy crap! Really? That's fantastic! I still don't understand how that happens, but I'll take it! Ahhhhh!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Holy crap! Really? That's fantastic! I still don't understand how that happens, but I'll take it! SensChirp: Sens interested in Hamhuis and Brunette? - Page 7 235689

That's the beauty. The "why" doesn't matter, as long as the trades happen. Speaking of which, are there any updates?

Brunette? Hamhuis? Spezza?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I haven't heard anything...

I wouldn't mind Brunette here for sure he could definitely help us. Hamhuis I'm not familiar with, but from what I hear he's good. Are there other options out there?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:I haven't heard anything...

I wouldn't mind Brunette here for sure he could definitely help us. Hamhuis I'm not familiar with, but from what I hear he's good. Are there other options out there?

There's about 30 teams worth of options.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

This is only kinda, sorta true.

What we have is about $1.15 mil in cap space. However, $500K of that is in signing bonuses that Karlsson and Foligno will collect just by playing this year. So our real cap space at the moment is about $650K -- unless, that is, we're planning on having those signing bonuses carry over and count against next year's cap (not a smart move, I think, but a possible one).

Now, the "acquisition space" we have (SSF's "$2.3 mil") is our cap space, prorated for the year. We're now half way into the season -- hence, our $1.15 mil (our real cap space) divided by 2 = $2.3 mil. But, as I've said, we really only have $650K to deal with -- Karlsson's and Foligno's bonuses are signing bonuses, not performance bonuses, so they're going to be paid those for sure.

I'd say our real, prorated cap space at the moment is really no more than about $1.3 mil -- that is, $650K divided by 2 -- unless we're seriously considering allowing those bonuses to eat into next year's cap space (which wouldn't be wise). SSF is right in that our "acquisition space" will increase by the day, but not quite so dramatically as he suggests -- first, because it assumes an inflated number as its basis, and second, because it doesn't account for money we might have to spend on call ups to replace injured players over the next 2 months.

If all things go well, I think we'll have the ability to add one $3-4 mil contract, prorated, at the deadline. At best.

See http://www.capgeek.com/tracker/team.php?Team=23&date=2010-01-08

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can we trade an injured player?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Can we trade an injured player?

I'm guessing so. CBJ traded Leclaire to us last year when he was on the IR, right?

If you're referring to Spezza: god, I hope so.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

I'm guessing so. CBJ traded Leclaire to us last year when he was on the IR, right?

I was just thinking why the Diddle Spezza wouldn't be on LTIR. Then I was wondering if it might be because you can't trade a player on LTIR...

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

I was just thinking why the Diddle Spezza wouldn't be on LTIR. Then I was wondering if it might be because you can't trade a player on LTIR...

Could be that tagging rule we keep hearing about...we are quite close to the cap this year and I believe next year isn't going to be any different.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Could be that tagging rule we keep hearing about...we are quite close to the cap this year and I believe next year isn't going to be any different.

We need to shed a few million dollars in salary this summer (Cheechoo).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

We need to shed a few million dollars in salary this summer (Cheechoo).

We need to be realistic (Kelly).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:We need to be realistic (Kelly).

Buy out Cheechoo and we save 2 million right off the bat though.

And...I've kinda grown to like Kelly this year. I swear I have, I like him for 2.2 million even. Can you imagine?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum