GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fuel for trade frenzy talk around here - Senschirp

+5
Acrobat
PKC
asq2
davetherave
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.senschirp.ca/

Big names involved.

wow, only something I said back in November...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:wow, only something I said back in November...

Quite true indeed. I remember well. It would be Diddle ed up if that was the exact trade that went down.

Things are fairly simple when you use common sense.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Things are fairly simple when you use common sense.

Pfft. Come on. It could have been any one of the 65 scenarios we had in the chat room that day. Let's not go too cerebral here. 8)

EDIT: Still, good call.

Ive been on that one since day 1 and havnt really got off it. I said if he goes anywhere, my guess is Atlanta, St Louis, NYI, or Edm.

I really have not thrown out that many scenarios because I dont think there are a lot of teams that want Spezza.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Neely4Life wrote:Ive been on that one since day 1 and havnt really got off it. I said if he goes anywhere, my guess is Atlanta, St Louis, NYI, or Edm.

I really have not thrown out that many scenarios because I dont think there are a lot of teams that want Spezza.

Probably around 15 teams that want him, 10 that really want him and 6 that have the cap space/future cap space to actually do something about it.

Those teams all fit the bill quite nicely I would say. Spezza for the Islanders 1st overall would be ideal to me. Although, I will always remain on the Spezza wagon until the day he's dealt. I love him as a player and dislike the thought of dealing a young point producing center when he hasn't even hit his prime - but I've started to accept that some of the talk out there might be real. And he might really be one of those classically lazy players.

No need to get into discussion about him again Neely, just the way I feel about the whole Diddle Wang sucking Wing Dang Doodle loving Wang smoking son of a Wing Dang Doodle dickhead monkey Donkey situation we're in.

I'm sick of talking about him honestly but he is basically the focal point of the Senators. Everyone in Toronto and Ottawa think the guy is great including the media. Most people outside of it, not so much.

The sooner he is gone the better, IMO.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Hm...SensChirp mentions the Thrashers. Do they read these threads? Wink

When did the Kings arrive in Ottawa? Maybe Bryan will ask his brother Terry over drinks and dinner if he thinks some of the Senators would enjoy playing in Hollywood.

PS to 504H...big contracts don't get in the way of deals when there is a motivated buyer. Cases in point: Brad Richards and Dan Boyle.

Last edited by davetherave on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : omission)

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Speculation at this point, as he says.

Just like Bouwmeester was speculation.

Don't get too self-congratulatory.

Blah rumours...I want some actual activity to discuss. You know other than the hiring of a unproven, inexperienced coach.

I'm guessing this move is comic relief for us long suffering fans.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

You know, despite the fact that we suck this year, I'm still quite excited at the prospect of hoarding picks for the draft and finally getting rid of some guys who are long overdue (in some cases and in some opinions) and for the first time in what feels like forever: having a very high draft pick.

Last time we had a lottery pick was 2001, but that wasn't our pick. Last time our pick was lottery: 1996. Maybe it's just the nature of the cycle.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:Speculation at this point, as he says.

Just like Bouwmeester was speculation.

Don't get too self-congratulatory.

True enough.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Like I said earlier :

Spezza to Atlanta (for 1st plus ?? - maybe Todd White?)
Heatley to NYI (for 1st plus ?? - maybe Streit?)
Fisher plus Kelly to ?maybe LA for O'Sullivan plus ?? or Johnson/Doughty (hey, you gotta try...) or 1st plus someone.

If you get LA's first, then try to trade up using SJ 1st - maybe target St. Louis, Colorado, TB.
Or see if Nashville will give up a D prospect for SJ 1st.
Or send Kuba plus SJ 1st for Calgary 1st plus 3rd. (or 2nd if they go for it). Ask for rights to neg with Cammaleri as well.

Then sit back, consider the blowing-up officially started.

Anything less, and I will be looking on with serious suspicion.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Oh, and Neil can go to Montreal. I have no problems with him trying to win the cup with them. If they do win, then we still try to get him back; it would be good for the kids to understand the winning mentality that he would bring back with him.

A second or third should do it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum