GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound!

+13
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
Ev
tim1_2
shabbs
rooneypoo
NEELY
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
spader
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 18]

1Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Empty Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:44 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I figured we should have a thread to contain all the action leading up to FAF and of course for all the moves made tomorrow.

It's looking like a D-rich FAF, especially with Gleason, Ehrhoff, and Volchenkov getting bought out and the Habs (publicly and clumsily) looking to move Georges.

Tampa is giving players away for free and Minnesota seems to be in on every big name.

Everyone is in on Stastny and Boyle.

Oh, and the Sens have thankfully gone a bit quiet. Moves in the works?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The swirlings have indeed resulted in many rumblings of late. I shall observe the transactions with great interest.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Best line from the "Leafs buyout Gleason" article on The Score:

By buying out Gleason, the Maple Leafs save a little more than three million against the salary cap for the 2014-15 league year. They also find their replacement for Darcy Tucker.

Laugh1 

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Any bets on the first move from the Sens camp?

Signing Pouliot seems likely. Any other immediate moves?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dreger says he thinks Bolland will sign a long term deal with Florida early in the day.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:Any bets on the first move from the Sens camp?

They said from the beginning they needed 4 forwards - one coming via the Spezza trade. So you'd think they'll sign at least one more UFA tomorrow.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

It had better being signing Bobby Ryan.

Anyone hear what's up with Michalek?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Dreger says he thinks Bolland will sign a long term deal with Florida early in the day.

They could use him. Lots of young guys coming into the lineup.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:

I read in one of the papers that there was 12 teams courting Michalek. So that's that in other words.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:

They have time with Ryan. Your priorities are a little upside down. I want them to sign Ryan as well, but they need to deal with the clock on UFAs.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Dreger says he thinks Bolland will sign a long term deal with Florida early in the day.

Buffalo is going to have to be busy to reach the floor. I wonder if they'd make a push. Probably not, but interesting anyway.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

They have time with Ryan. Your priorities are a little upside down. I want them to sign Ryan as well, but they need to deal with the clock on UFAs.

I think they need to take care of their own like...tonight and announce it tomorrow so we can all move on.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

I think they need to take care of their own like...tonight and announce it tomorrow so we can all move on.

Again, they have time with him. Ryan is definitely a concern, but I think we're all watching and scrutinizing a little too closely in our search for the truth about the budget.

Murray didn't trade for Ryan just to lose him. He'll work it out (or there'll be a trade pending). Either way, don't be too concerned if he doesn't sign at 8am.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Pouliot and Del Zotto perhaps? Not that we need another defenceman but I recall Murray trying to get Del Zotto in December.

Maybe this adds leverage to the Spezza trade. Throw in a defenceman (Wiercioch?) and hope to up the return?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

I'd prefer Pouliot and Stralman.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 18]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum