GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound!

+13
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
Ev
tim1_2
shabbs
rooneypoo
NEELY
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
spader
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 18]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:I'm not trolling. We have a history of looking for potentially undervalued guys. It's not a bad strategy, it's just not going to put you over the top.  MacArthur worked out really well in this regard.

Sens need to figure out how to get to the point where they need a guy to put them over the top. Right now filing roles and letting guys develop is pretty important.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why what's wrong with ehrhoff wanting a 5 year deal.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We won't be adding to our d, it is set, and they will be moving one out soon

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Methot should be the one leaving. I don't wanna trade either Wiercioch or Cowen when their value is at the lowest with a breaking out potential

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hearing on twitter that weir is in play

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Hearing on twitter that weir is in play

By idiot fans. But I wouldn't have a problem dealing him

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not for us necessarily, but a 5 year deal for ehrhoff sounds fine to me. I'd pay him if I needed a 2nd pairing Dman with a good offensive skill set.

38Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:00 am

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Pouliot is a classic Melnyk/Murray move.  Not that it's a BAD move, just not exactly the high-end winger we need.  Typical #budget signing.

So was MacArthur. That turned out pretty good.

39Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lets just say that if pouliot is all we do today, it's a fail. I don't mind this if it happens, he seems like a good 3rd liner, but we need a 2nd line lw like moulson.

40Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:21 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Lets just say that if pouliot is all we do today, it's a fail.  I don't mind this if it happens, he seems like a good 3rd liner, but we need a 2nd line lw like moulson.

I don't think BM likes picking up high-end players via UFA -- and I can't blame him, at all -- because you always get stuck with a stupid contract. Trading is the way to go.

OTT will probably make two MacArthur-esque deals (Pouliot and Michalek?) signings today to round out the top nine, but that's it. Maybe we add a D, but there'd need to be a deal in place then to move a player for sure.

Honestly, I wouldn't get all worked up if we don't do anything else. Like 90% of the contracts handed out on July 1 look completely asinine 1-2 years later and lead to buyouts, hurting those teams long term. Most of the players out on the market right now, excepting pretty much only Statsny, are 2nd-rate players who are on the market precisely because their respective franchises deemed them to be not core and so not worthy of a long term commitment -- guys looking to cash in on being the 'best' in a very shallow talent pool. Diddle it.

41Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:26 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Colorado apparently has signed Stastny... according to Dater.

42Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:28 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Colorado apparently has signed Stastny... according to Dater.

Best news ever

43Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:36 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see that anywhere. He said is was not tru last night

44Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:58 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm hearing Stars are very serious about trying to get Jason Spezza today.

Mike heika

45Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:23 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Garrioch says more trades coming today for the Sens.  Probably see a d-man get shipped out, but maybe they're going to do something huge for someone expensive..got cap floor space to eat up.

46Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:28 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Garrioch says more trades coming today for the Sens.  Probably see a d-man get shipped out, but maybe they're going to do something huge for someone expensive..got cap floor space to eat up.

You have to imagine that there are a lot of teams who want to move some big contracts, for starters. Could be lots of opportunities out there for us today.

47Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:40 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Greening's name rumoured according to Yost (lol).

48Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:44 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Greening's name rumoured according to Yost (lol).

Yost is such a pain in my Donkey.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum