GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020

+3
Flo The Action
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 17]

1!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Empty !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:13 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Who do the Sens target and how do they get to the cap floor

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Tkachuk-XXXXX-Batherson
Stutzle-Tierney-XXXXX
C.Brown-XXXXX-White
XXXXX-Anisimov-XXXXXX

Internal possibilities: Formenton, Norris, Abramov, Paul, Chlapik, L. Brown, Balcers

Chabot-Zaitsev
Wolanin-XXXXX
XXXXX-Brown

Internal possibilities: Brannstrom, Zub, Reilly, Lajoie, Jaros, Alsing

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like doing depth charts...will do later today.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sweet. I think you should try to include rationale for how the Sens hit the floor. Without Duclair (who was probably going to be between $3-4M) it just got that much harder.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sweet. I think you should try to include rationale for how the Sens hit the floor. Without Duclair (who was probably going to be between $3-4M) it just got that much harder.
i'm at a loss, how we hit that cap realistically. it better not be LTIR.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sweet. I think you should try to include rationale for how the Sens hit the floor. Without Duclair (who was probably going to be between $3-4M) it just got that much harder.

Either that or trading for a bunch of plugs on one-year deals.

Gudbransson - RHD, 1 yr $4M AAV, $3M salary
Ryan Kesler - LTIR, 2 yr $6.875M AAV
Derek Stepan - C, 1 yr, $6.8M AAV, $5M salary (though Arizona has their own cap floor to hit)
Hossa - LTIR, 1 yr, $5.275M AAV, $1M salary (same comment as above)

- Adam Larsson in Edmonton has one year left and is likely out until March
- Boychuk and Eriksson need new homes, etc
- Maybe Philly wants to move on from Giroux after his brutal playoff

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Either that or trading for a bunch of plugs on one-year deals.

Gudbransson - RHD, 1 yr $4M AAV, $3M salary
Ryan Kesler - LTIR, 2 yr $6.875M AAV
Derek Stepan - C, 1 yr, $6.8M AAV, $5M salary (though Arizona has their own cap floor to hit)
Hossa - LTIR, 1 yr, $5.275M AAV, $1M salary (same comment as above)

- Adam Larsson in Edmonton has one year left and is likely out until March
- Boychuk and Eriksson need new homes, etc
- Maybe Philly wants to move on from Giroux after his brutal playoff

Arizona is in danger of going over the cap. I don’t understand your comment about them.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They're trying to trade OEL and not re-signing Hall. And from what I head they're trying to shed more salary. They'll be right in the middle, probably closer to the bottom when it comes to next year's cap, that's including Hossa on LTIR

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:

It is pretty simple in my opinion and no need to even bring in other players for Melnyk to struggle to pay.

The floor is 60 mill and the Sens are sitting at 40 right now. If Murray signs for 4, Brown 3.5, Tierney 4.5 and Paul 1.5 we are now at 54 million. The Sens will use all 23 roster spots, so even if you give the final 9 spots the NHL minimum salary, you are over the cap floor.

10!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:23 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They're trying to trade OEL and not re-signing Hall. And from what I head they're trying to shed more salary. They'll be right in the middle, probably closer to the bottom when it comes to next year's cap, that's including Hossa on LTIR

Hall is already off their cap.
Hossa counts towards it.

Arizona has no floor issues, that’s my opinion.

11!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:24 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:They're trying to trade OEL and not re-signing Hall. And from what I head they're trying to shed more salary. They'll be right in the middle, probably closer to the bottom when it comes to next year's cap, that's including Hossa on LTIR

Funny thing about OEL and not sure if anyone has even mentioned this but the only teams he agreed to go to before the draft were Vancouver and Boston. Both teams didn’t have a 1st, which Arizona desperately wanted. Power move by OEL there.

12!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:33 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was able to get to the floor by re-signing our players alone and putting in rookies. Murray $5M, Brown $4M, Tierney $4M, Paul $1M, Chlapik $1M. And I didn't even re-sign Balcers yet. Floor won't be a problem and I expect them to bring in at least one external forward

13!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:37 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:

Funny thing about OEL and not sure if anyone has even mentioned this but the only teams he agreed to go to before the draft were Vancouver and Boston. Both teams didn’t have a 1st, which Arizona desperately wanted. Power move by OEL there.

Neither team has the cap space to add him or the need. He also gave them until tomorrow at 12 or he won't waive. HUGE power move.

14!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:40 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote: I was able to get to the floor by re-signing our players alone and putting in rookies. Murray $5M, Brown $4M, Tierney $4M, Paul $1M, Chlapik $1M. And I didn't even re-sign Balcers yet. Floor won't be a problem and I expect them to bring in at least one external forward

So you're icing the same team that got us to 30th overall minus Pageau, Anderson, De Melo, Duclair, Ryan, Hainsey, Boro but with 4-5 rookies (Batherson, Norris, Stutzle, Brannstron, L.Brown) and maybe formenton, chlapik, Abramov?

Woof

15!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:43 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote: I was able to get to the floor by re-signing our players alone and putting in rookies. Murray $5M, Brown $4M, Tierney $4M, Paul $1M, Chlapik $1M. And I didn't even re-sign Balcers yet. Floor won't be a problem and I expect them to bring in at least one external forward

So you're icing the same team that got us to 30th overall minus Pageau, Anderson, De Melo, Duclair, Ryan, Hainsey, Boro but with 4-5 rookies (Batherson, Norris, Stutzle, Brannstron, L.Brown) and maybe formenton, chlapik, Abramov?

Woof

In this fictional scenario, yes. It was just to see how it won't be a problem to get to the floor.

I don't think it's a terrible strategy to think the best AHL could team could replicate similar success in the NHL, but no I don't think they'd be winning next year.

If there's no AHL season, I think it makes sense to keep your prospects in the NHL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 17]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum