GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound!

+13
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
Ev
tim1_2
shabbs
rooneypoo
NEELY
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
spader
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 18]

121Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:05 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, that's it. Sens are done.

122Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:06 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Havlat to NJ.

Moulson to Buffalo. 5yrs @ 5M.

123Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:07 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:Havlat to NJ.

Moulson to Buffalo.  5yrs @ 5M.

ThisJustIn! 

124Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:08 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Well, that's it. Sens are done.

Pfft. Have they ever followed the public list?

125Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:09 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Vrbata and Ott are among the only players I was ever interested in this. Maybe Penner too.

With all that cap space and their many players on decent deals, OTT is gearing up to be a player in the trade market, to my eyes.

126Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Don't really care about UFAs. I want some hockey trades though. ANyone can go other than LAzar prospects wise.

127Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ugg. Moulson gone

128Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sad. The Sens currently are 30th in average salary per player. They are something like 5th from the bottom in overall salary for this year, with three of the teams behind them at 16-18 players signed. They still have Lehner to re-sign, I suppose. They are a touch under $5M below the floor so that's what Lehner is getting.

129Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:10 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:Havlat to NJ.

Moulson to Buffalo.  5yrs @ 5M.

ThisJustIn! 

Hmm. 5x5 for Moulson. That isn't terrible.

130Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Nj loves old players.

131Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:11 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Moulson deal just keeps giving back to the Sabres, lol.

132Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:12 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

Sad.  The Sens currently are 30th in average salary per player.  They are something like 5th from the bottom in overall salary for this year, with three of the teams behind them at 16-18 players signed.  They still have Lehner to re-sign, I suppose.  They are a touch under $5M below the floor so that's what Lehner is getting.  

They are not done yet today. Same thing happened last year when Alfie left. Everyone panicked, they signed MacArthur, and a few hours passed and we traded for Ryan. We have to add forwards and we have lots of good players on cheap contracts, while other teams are trying to shed salary.

Be patient. The day is not over.

133Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:

Sad.  The Sens currently are 30th in average salary per player.  They are something like 5th from the bottom in overall salary for this year, with three of the teams behind them at 16-18 players signed.  They still have Lehner to re-sign, I suppose.  They are a touch under $5M below the floor so that's what Lehner is getting.  

They are not done yet today. Same thing happened last year when Alfie left. Everyone panicked, they signed MacArthur, and a few hours passed and we traded for Ryan. We have to add forwards and we have lots of good players on cheap contracts, while other teams are trying to shed salary.

Be patient. The day is not over.

Only thing left is to re-sign Lehner. $5M and we're on the floor. Literally and figuratively.

We're done.

134Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm still looking for a link but Spezza said something earlier (maybe his interview with Duthie) implying that Melnyk is not getting paid until 2020. They'll be a floor team until then.

135Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:18 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:Don't really care about UFAs. I want some hockey trades though. ANyone can go other than LAzar prospects wise.

And Stone. And Ceci. The rest can go though.

136Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:22 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Leafs sign Komorov in a huge "Who cares?" deal.

Sounds like Iggy to Colorado for 3 years.

137Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This was 3 hours ago:

ruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 3h

The Senators aren't done by a longshot. More trades coming today. #Sens

138Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 9 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:25 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Holy Shart! Sounds like Komorov's deal is just shy of $3M x 4.

EDIT: I really can't get over this. Why pay so much? I guess it isn't all that different from the Greening deal, but Greening has scored more than 4 NHL goals.  Facepalm 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum