GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound!

+13
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
Ev
tim1_2
shabbs
rooneypoo
NEELY
Flo The Action
DefenceWinsChampionships
sandysensfan
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
spader
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 18]

181Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:00 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Legwand would be a great pickup, but I'm starting to believe the budget thing.

Why overpay substantially for marginal players when you have lots of assets to move for better players on better deals?

182Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:02 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Legwand would be a great pickup, but I'm starting to believe the budget thing.

Why overpay substantially for marginal players when you have lots of assets to move for better players on better deals?

Propose something. Who's a target?

183Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:08 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, we don't know who they're targeting via trade. I guess if you're confident going that route, that's fine, but Legwand is a perfect option.

184Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

More players saying no to Detroit:

@AnsarKhanMLive 8m
Wings felt they made competitive offer for Niskanen and one team source said they would have given 7 years at $42 million.

@AnsarKhanMLive 11m
Wings offered Dan Boyle three years at $12.5 million ($5M, $5M and $2.5M) but he took two years, $9 million from Rangers.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014070...TS05/307010145

"They got rejected by Stephane Robidas, who went to Toronto for three years and $9 million, an offer the Wings would have matched. They got rejected by Anton Stralman to the point that Stralman's agent, Marc Levine, when contacted by the Free Press to ask if Stralman was interested in Detroit, the answer was a succinct, "no." "

185Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:14 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, we don't know who they're targeting via trade.  I guess if you're confident going that route, that's fine, but Legwand is a perfect option.

It's O'Reilly and has always been O'Reilly.

186Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NYI] Cory Conacher
Brennan Klak ‏@nhlupdate 43s

Islanders sign Cory Conacher

Ahhhhh! 

187Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:15 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:More players saying no to Detroit:

@AnsarKhanMLive 8m
Wings felt they made competitive offer for Niskanen and one team source said they would have given 7 years at $42 million.

@AnsarKhanMLive 11m
Wings offered Dan Boyle three years at $12.5 million ($5M, $5M and $2.5M) but he took two years, $9 million from Rangers.

"They got rejected by Stephane Robidas, who went to Toronto for three years and $9 million, an offer the Wings would have matched. They got rejected by Anton Stralman to the point that Stralman's agent, Marc Levine, when contacted by the Free Press to ask if Stralman was interested in Detroit, the answer was a succinct, "no." "

Wait just one second. Are you trying to say that the Red Wings don't do every single thing right? SSF will have your head. He's a huge Wings fan. If they can find a way to sign Brodeur, he might just move to Detroit and open up a Subway restaurant.

188Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, we don't know who they're targeting via trade.  I guess if you're confident going that route, that's fine, but Legwand is a perfect option.

I don't believe it for a second.  :crossarms: 

189Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:17 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:

Any guesses on what might be going back? Zib?

190Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:More players saying no to Detroit:

@AnsarKhanMLive 8m

@AnsarKhanMLive 11m

Wait just one second. Are you trying to say that the Red Wings don't do every single thing right? SSF will have your head. He's a huge Wings fan. If they can find a way to sign Brodeur, he might just move to Detroit and open up a Subway restaurant.

I'm saying no one wants to go to that Dung - and it feels kinda good.

191Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:57 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:

No idea... I am sure if they doesn't get done Murray has talked about Berglund in St.Louis as well... St.Louis may need to move him.

192Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:

Very doubtful IMO even though I would love that

193Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:

ROR is the only player that makes sense. 3rd line centres don't make 6.5m. The return would probably be either Cowen/Methot and Stone/prospect plus a 2nd rounder and maybe a Prince or Hoffman. I would imagine Colorado would be holding out for Lazar.

194Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:30 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think it would be Cowen + Puempel and maybe a pick for O'Reilly... that would be pretty solid. Colorado is probably looking for a D man that has some future upside since they traded for Stewart.

195Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:36 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Kyle Quincey resigns in Detroit for $4.25 x 2. That seems a lot for him.

196Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:38 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wings are getting desperate. At least players see the writing on the walls there.

197Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:50 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

NEELY wrote:I think it would be Cowen + Puempel and maybe a pick for O'Reilly... that would be pretty solid.  Colorado is probably looking for a D man that has some future upside since they traded for Stewart.  
Maybe flip the 2nd rounder from Dallas. It's probably going to be in the bottom 5 in the 2nd round.

198Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! - Page 13 Empty Re: Free Agent Frenzy: Swirlonimoes Abound! Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:

I've got a great goal song for him. Give you one guess.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum