GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumours from SensChirp

+14
wprager
LeCaptain
Hayden
Phoenix30
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
rooneypoo
caissie_1
TheAvatar
SDH89
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

31Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:29 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:
I would think Spezza and Weircioch for Weber is about right. I don't want to move Vochie unless we have to and certainly not as a throw in to a bigger deal.

You may not have a choice. If it came down to it, you wouldn't do Cowen, Volchenkov and a 1st?

That's the bare, bare minimum I would imagine.

32Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:31 pm

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

Regardless of how Spezza is playing i think he has enough value to get weber, I dont think you would need to add much more other than to send them a dman and them to send a forward to replace spezza. Heck Spezza could do well in Nashville and out of the lime light of the media.

Maybe something along the lines of

Spezza, Lee, and a 4th

for

Weber and Wilson.

I'd be more interested in arnott instead of wilson but can't see them giving him up if Weber is going.

33Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:32 pm

Phoenix30 wrote:Regardless of how Spezza is playing i think he has enough value to get weber, I dont think you would need to add much more other than to send them a dman and them to send a forward to replace spezza. Heck Spezza could do well in Nashville and out of the lime light of the media.

Spezza, Lee, and a 4th

for

Weber and Wilson.

I'd be more interested in arnott instead of wilson but can't see them giving him up if Weber is going.

That's like saying you can get Chara for Spezza. No shot.

People are out of their tree's if they thinkg that is going to get Weber. Aldo I cant believe you would add in Wilson too! Hahaha.

34Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

To get Weber you are looking at Spezza, A Train, and a 1st, minimum. More likely Spezza, Cowen, and O'Brien or Spezza, A Train, Wiercoich, and a 2nd.

Dont even think about adding Wilson into a deal.

35Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:39 pm

People are dilussional if they think Spezza and spare parts would get Weber. If there is one player in the league not named Getzlaf, Ovechkin, Crosby, or Malkin I would build a team around, it's Weber.

The guy is going to knock of 3 or 4 Norris' in a row at some point. The guy is an absolute beast and a franchise player.

There isnt a player on The Sens I wouldnt give up to get Weber, not one. Not one prospects, not one player, nothing. You could literally trade every defenseman we have and I still wouldnt question it.

36Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:43 pm

N4L wrote:To get Weber you are looking at Spezza, A Train, and a 1st, minimum. More likely Spezza, Cowen, and O'Brien or Spezza, A Train, Wiercoich, and a 2nd.

Then the answer is no.

I would suggest this is coloured by the fact that you are a card carrying Spezza hater. Weber is very good but a #1 center, one of the top defensive defencemen in the league and a first for Weber. No way, too much.

I would do Spezza, Cowen, and O'Brien however.

37Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:44 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Phoenix30 wrote:Regardless of how Spezza is playing i think he has enough value to get weber, I dont think you would need to add much more other than to send them a dman and them to send a forward to replace spezza. Heck Spezza could do well in Nashville and out of the lime light of the media.

Spezza, Lee, and a 4th

for

Weber and Wilson.

I agree with Spezza + a little (Lee) for Weber - Spezza is having a bad year and defently not as bad as some people here like point out over and over and over again.

38Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:45 pm

I would also do Spezza and Phillips.

Now that is interesting....

Haven't even thought of cap implications in Nashville though. I assume that they are no where near the cap but could be wrong.

39Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:46 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:
N4L wrote:To get Weber you are looking at Spezza, A Train, and a 1st, minimum. More likely Spezza, Cowen, and O'Brien or Spezza, A Train, Wiercoich, and a 2nd.

Then the answer is no.

I would suggest this is coloured by the fact that you are a card carrying Spezza hater. Weber is very good but a #1 center, one of the top defensive defencemen in the league and a first for Weber. No way, too much.

You do realize Weber is probably the best defeseman on the planet under 25 right? He might be the best defenseman on the planet.

40Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:46 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I stand by my

Cowen
1st Rounder
Volchenkov
Foligno

for

Weber
Dumont

I stand by it - and I would do it in a heartbeat.

41Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:48 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:

Then the answer is no.

Spezza isnt a number 1 center either, just paid like one.

42Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:49 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:I stand by my

Cowen
1st Rounder
Volchenkov
Foligno

for

Weber
Dumont

You're looking at Spezza, A Train, and probably a prospect of their choosing.

43Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:53 pm

All that said, looking at what Polle gave up for Foresberg and Murray actually being a guy that can pull off a trade, IF it ever happend (which I highly doubt) You can probably get something done for less then what I actually suggested.

In all seriousness, there isnt a player in the league other then Crosby/Ovechking/Getzlaf I wouldnt give up for him... I might even give up Malkin in a straight up trade if it came down to it.

What Weber is now is better then the potential of any of our prospects.

44Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:

Cowen
1st Rounder
Volchenkov
Foligno

for

Weber
Dumont

Take out Dumont then, that's too much to pay - even if he's the best player in the world.

45Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:56 pm

Seriously, Weber is the potential of Cowen and Karlsson combined.

46Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:56 pm

N4L wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

Then the answer is no.

You do realize Weber is probably the best defeseman on the planet under 25 right? He might be the best defenseman on the planet.

I realize the quality of player Weber is. However in today's market *if* the guy wants out, you do not get the moon and stars for him. A trade like Heatley for Hossa is very rare. Usually it is a move where you get one player you want and some potentials. Sound familiar?

Look at the Heatley deal. Heatley (despite our collective hatred) is a top 5 winger in this league. Prolific goal scorer.

We got Michalek who has been great for us, a second rounder and Cheechoo who was a San Jose salary dump. Oh and we had to package a pick back the other way.

A #1 center, a top prospect defenseman and a prospect forward should be enough to get a top defenceman.

If Spezza has a change of scenery and less media pressure he could easily get back to 100 pts.

If Cowen is healthy, he will be an elite shut down defenceman for years in this league. Pronger-esque size and a nasty streak while being competent offensively Not great but Phillips type competence.

O'Brien needs to add some weight but could be a very credible forward if he does.

47Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:57 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

N4L wrote:

Cowen
1st Rounder
Volchenkov
Foligno

for

Weber
Dumont

The only problem with that is that they are near the cap minimum for a reason, so they'll probably want to offload some salary as well, in order to even things out. It wouldn't be Dumont, since he produces well for his hit. I don't even know who it would be, maybe Dan Ellis, even if it is just for this year.

48Rumours from SensChirp - Page 3 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:58 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:
N4L wrote:
MurderOnIce wrote:

Then the answer is no.

I realize the quality of player Weber is. However in today's market *if* the guy wants out, you do not get the moon and stars for him. A trade like Heatley for Hossa is very rare. Usually it is a move where you get one player you want and some potentials. Sound familiar?

Look at the Heatley deal. Heatley (despite our collective hatred) is a top 5 winger in this league. Prolific goal scorer.

We got Michalek who has been great for us, a second rounder and Cheechoo who was a San Jose salary dump. Oh and we had to package a pick back the other way.

A #1 center, a top prospect defenseman and a prospect forward should be enough to get a top defenceman.

If Spezza has a change of scenery and less media pressure he could easily get back to 100 pts.

If Cowen is healthy, he will be an elite shut down defenceman for years in this league. Pronger-esque size and a nasty streak while being competent offensively Not great but Phillips type competence.

O'Brien needs to add some weight but could be a very credible forward if he does.

Difference is Weber can get dealt to any team in the league and every team in the league would be intetested.

If Crosby asked to be traded it wouldnt kill his value.

Spezza will never get back to 100 points, Jesus, he's never in his life hit 100 points but somehow he will easily get there? In nashville? With less tallent then he has now? Haha, dude, not even close to possible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum