GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumours from SensChirp

+14
wprager
LeCaptain
Hayden
Phoenix30
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
rooneypoo
caissie_1
TheAvatar
SDH89
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

76Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:25 pm

asq2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Nashville should be more interested in forward prospects anyway. I don't think they would be hung up on Cowen.

I don't know, they don't have a lot of depth at the defence position organization-wise. After Weber, Suter, Hamhuis, Franson, Blum, Ellis, Roussel, Klein, Sulzer, Laakso and Josi it's pretty slim pickings. Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 805406

Seriously, I think they would want to build up that blueline because right now it's lacking...

77Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:25 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Spezza will never get back to 100 points, Jesus, he's never in his life hit 100 points but somehow he will easily get there? In nashville? With less tallent then he has now? Haha, dude, not even close to possible.

I refuse to turn this into a Spezza topic but he got to 100 in 2005-2006 at age 22, if you include his playoff games (the total is still under 82 games). Unless you don't count playoff points because they mean less or are easier to accumulate or something.

For the record, I don't think he'd get close to 100 in Nashville either.

78Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:26 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
marakh wrote:
Michallica wrote:when does weber become a free agent? I'm hoping its when cheechoo and kovy come off our books....I think that's more realistic than BM trading the farm for him.

It is when they come off the books, but he's a RFA^^.

Oh really? Damn woulda thought he'd hit UFA by then. Well, I say file an offer sheet of $8M cap hit. Hell make it $9M, I'm sure cap would increase by then. I'm assuming by then we woulda stocked enough on prospects to give up our 1st, 2nd, and whatever. Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 422187

You're looking at 4 1st round picks with that number, not a 1st and 2nd.

79Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:28 pm

asq2 wrote:
N4L wrote:Spezza will never get back to 100 points, Jesus, he's never in his life hit 100 points but somehow he will easily get there? In nashville? With less tallent then he has now? Haha, dude, not even close to possible.

I refuse to turn this into a Spezza topic but he got to 100 in 2005-2006 at age 22, if you include his playoff games (the total is still under 82 games). Unless you don't count playoff points because they mean less or are easier to accumulate or something.

Are we into technicalities now? He's never hit 100 points in a season as much as people like to say he would have or he has the ability too. Anyways, few players hit 100 points, the last two years only Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin have done it.

80Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:29 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:
marakh wrote:
Michallica wrote:when does weber become a free agent? I'm hoping its when cheechoo and kovy come off our books....I think that's more realistic than BM trading the farm for him.

It is when they come off the books, but he's a RFA^^.

Oh really? Damn woulda thought he'd hit UFA by then. Well, I say file an offer sheet of $8M cap hit. Hell make it $9M, I'm sure cap would increase by then. I'm assuming by then we woulda stocked enough on prospects to give up our 1st, 2nd, and whatever. Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 422187

You're looking at 4 1st round picks with that number, not a 1st and 2nd.

fudge I forgot that changes. well....dare to dream.....

81Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:34 pm

Like I said, there isnt a player in or around Ottawa that I wouldnt trade for Weber. Alfi wont be dealt unless he wants to, but other then that, not even an issue.

82Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:37 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Are we into technicalities now? He's never hit 100 points in a season as much as people like to say he would have or he has the ability too. Anyways, few players hit 100 points, the last two years only Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin have done it.

Eh, he had 104 points in 78 non-pre-season NHL games in 2005-2006. His pace from the regular season would have had him hit 110 points, which is similar to Malkin's production at the same age.

You're right, he's never done it. But I wouldn't say it's been completely out of the realm of possibility. He won't get near those numbers if he goes to Nashville, no doubt.

83Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:41 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

on another note, anyone gonna watch the fish carry the olympic torch?

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/torch/follow-torch/index.html

84Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:43 pm

asq2 wrote:
N4L wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Eh, he had 104 points in 78 non-pre-season NHL games in 2005-2006. His pace from the regular season would have had him hit 110 points, which is similar to Malkin's production at the same age.

You're right, he's never done it. But I wouldn't say it's been completely out of the realm of possibility. He won't get near those numbers if he goes to Nashville, no doubt.

I agree with all that.

85Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What could Senators scouts be doing "following" Nashville around? I mean really.

86Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:45 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:What could Senators scouts be doing "following" Nashville around? I mean really.

Wait a minute, by Nashville does he mean the Predators?! Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 805406

87Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:48 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

asq2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:What could Senators scouts be doing "following" Nashville around? I mean really.

Wait a minute, by Nashville does he mean the Predators?! Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 805406

The very same Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 663118

Makes you wonder. All I know is that Nashville is not taking a big contract.

88Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

No proof for that, and SC is not a proof.

89Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:10 pm

LOL, Sens Chirp is Ottawa's Eklund. Dont believe anything that comes off that site for the most part.

90Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I tried to find reports on local Nashville websites and found none.

91Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:21 pm

Can we just trash this thread please? I refuse to participate or discuss the possibility of Weber to the Sens. I just can't deal with the tease followed by the heartbreak. Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 521674

92Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:21 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:I tried to find reports on local Nashville websites and found none.

Probably because it's completely fabricated. Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 555492

93Rumours from SensChirp - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dudes...this is just a rumour, SensChirp is quite good at digging out little rumours, but don't put too much stop in these. Come on...

Lalalala

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum