GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumours from SensChirp

+14
wprager
LeCaptain
Hayden
Phoenix30
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
rooneypoo
caissie_1
TheAvatar
SDH89
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

61Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:50 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Holy ****, Weber?

62Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:52 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I'm afraid any deal with Nashville will involve Fisher.

That would suck. Then again, Weber's a 24 year old, 6-4, 230lbs defenceman who had 23 goals and 53 points last season.

63Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:53 pm

asq2 wrote:

That would suck. Then again, Weber's a 24 year old, 6-4, 230lbs defenceman who had 23 goals and 53 points last season.

Most complete defenseman in the world.

64Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

weber would be a nice addition to the sens but I wouldnt sell the farm for him. We have good d prospects that I would like to see who things turned out.

65Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:weber would be a nice addition to the sens but I wouldnt sell the farm for him. We have good d prospects that I would like to see who things turned out.

You pray that Cowen turns out half as well as Weber - that's why this could be a turning point for a franchise...IF this is true.

66Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nashville should be more interested in forward prospects anyway. I don't think they would be hung up on Cowen.

67Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not. Wink Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 235689 Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 805406

68Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:07 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

This ain't true, and you guys know it. We just like to speculate on a cold friday in December.
Nashville should talk to COlumbus anyway, not OTtawa.

69Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:13 pm

Phoenix30 wrote:weber would be a nice addition to the sens but I wouldnt sell the farm for him. We have good d prospects that I would like to see who things turned out.

A nice addition? He would be the franchise player Ottawa has been missing since they bailed on Chara.

If any of our D turn out to be as good as Weber we drafted them and they reache beyond their potential.

You HOPE one of our prospects becomes a Weber and I dont think any of those guys will be that good as much as I like Cowen and Karlsson.

70Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:18 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

when does weber become a free agent? I'm hoping its when cheechoo and kovy come off our books....I think that's more realistic than BM trading the farm for him.

71Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:20 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Nashville should be more interested in forward prospects anyway. I don't think they would be hung up on Cowen.

I don't know, they don't have a lot of depth at the defence position organization-wise. After Weber, Suter, Hamhuis, Franson, Blum, Ellis, Roussel, Klein, Sulzer, Laakso and Josi it's pretty slim pickings. Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 805406

72Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:21 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:when does weber become a free agent? I'm hoping its when cheechoo and kovy come off our books....I think that's more realistic than BM trading the farm for him.

It is when they come off the books, but he's a RFA^^.

73Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:21 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Weber is basically the Crosby of defense at this point.

No, Doughty is Crosby, EJ is Malkin, Weber is Getzlaf.

74Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:24 pm

asq2 wrote:
N4L wrote:Weber is basically the Crosby of defense at this point.

No, Doughty is Crosby, EJ is Malkin, Weber is Getzlaf.

Something like that, Doughtey is just as solid but he wont be going anywhere. Not sure who I would rather have, Doughtey or Weber... probably Weber, I just like that size a little more and his shut down ability.

75Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:25 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
Michallica wrote:when does weber become a free agent? I'm hoping its when cheechoo and kovy come off our books....I think that's more realistic than BM trading the farm for him.

Oh really? Damn woulda thought he'd hit UFA by then. Well, I say file an offer sheet of $8M cap hit. Hell make it $9M, I'm sure cap would increase by then. I'm assuming by then we woulda stocked enough on prospects to give up our 1st, 2nd, and whatever. FingersCrossed

76Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:25 pm

asq2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Nashville should be more interested in forward prospects anyway. I don't think they would be hung up on Cowen.

I don't know, they don't have a lot of depth at the defence position organization-wise. After Weber, Suter, Hamhuis, Franson, Blum, Ellis, Roussel, Klein, Sulzer, Laakso and Josi it's pretty slim pickings. Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 805406

Seriously, I think they would want to build up that blueline because right now it's lacking...

77Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:25 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Spezza will never get back to 100 points, Jesus, he's never in his life hit 100 points but somehow he will easily get there? In nashville? With less tallent then he has now? Haha, dude, not even close to possible.

I refuse to turn this into a Spezza topic but he got to 100 in 2005-2006 at age 22, if you include his playoff games (the total is still under 82 games). Unless you don't count playoff points because they mean less or are easier to accumulate or something.

For the record, I don't think he'd get close to 100 in Nashville either.

78Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:26 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
marakh wrote:

Oh really? Damn woulda thought he'd hit UFA by then. Well, I say file an offer sheet of $8M cap hit. Hell make it $9M, I'm sure cap would increase by then. I'm assuming by then we woulda stocked enough on prospects to give up our 1st, 2nd, and whatever. Rumours from SensChirp - Page 5 422187

You're looking at 4 1st round picks with that number, not a 1st and 2nd.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum