GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rumours from SensChirp

+14
wprager
LeCaptain
Hayden
Phoenix30
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
rooneypoo
caissie_1
TheAvatar
SDH89
beedub
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

16Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:38 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Me! Me! Me! Please, trade him here. We've waited for an opportunity to land a franchise D-man for that last 5 years, here! I want!

If it's true, we MUST do whatever it takes.

17Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:39 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

Haha, I know it's not enough SpezzD, but let's keep this on the DL, I'm trying to fleece David Poile, and comments like that won't help Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 754246

18Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:42 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SDH89 wrote:Haha, I know it's not enough SpezzD, but let's keep this on the DL, I'm trying to fleece David Poile, and comments like that won't help Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 754246

Oops. Lalalala

19Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:43 pm

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Chirp also mentioned Cody Franson as one of the unhappy blueliners. What's his game like/projections for the future?

20Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:50 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Prospects is one thing, we'd need to shave salary off our cap hit. I would think a Weber trade would start with Volchenkov + +

21Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:50 pm

No, a trade for Weber starts with Cowen. period.

22Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:53 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Im guessing it would take a very good forward proscpect aswell.... Nashville has produced many good d-men and continue to do so... There forwards however need some work... Sounds like the Ottawa situation with all our up coming talent in the Defense and Diddle all in the offense!

23Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:07 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Let's solve a whole myriad of problems for both teams with one trade...

Spezza (NSH is positively desperate for scoring)
for
Weber (OTT is positively desperate for a real #1 D)

I'll let you pundits decide what else needs to go each way, but that sounds like the beginnings of a decent, fair trade to me.

24Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:09 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

It could be Rooney... Ottawa would need to add a lilttle bit especially the way Spezza is playing.

25Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:Let's solve a whole myriad of problems for both teams with one trade...

for

I'll let you pundits decide what else needs to go each way, but that sounds like the beginnings of a decent, fair trade to me.

Spezza + Wiercioch + Volchenkov

Weber + Dumont

?

26Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:25 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

For Shea Weber, there are very few players I would not trade.

27Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:37 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I believe the Nashville story. Their cheapskate ways had to catch up sooner or later. For that reason, they won't be taking Spezza.

28Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:24 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Let's solve a whole myriad of problems for both teams with one trade...

for

Weber + Dumont

?

I am puzzled as to why we want Dumont?

I would think Spezza and Weircioch for Weber is about right. I don't want to move Vochie unless we have to and certainly not as a throw in to a bigger deal.

29Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:26 pm

MurderOnIce wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

for

Weber + Dumont

?

I am puzzled as to why we want Dumont?

I would think Spezza and Weircioch for Weber is about right. I don't want to move Vochie unless we have to and certainly not as a throw in to a bigger deal.

Need more than that.

30Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:29 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:I believe the Nashville story. Their cheapskate ways had to catch up sooner or later. For that reason, they won't be taking Spezza.

They might have to though. They are right up against the league minimum allowable cap, so i doubt they'd trade dumont as well, but if they did, they would have to take spezza, in order to make up or the loss in salary.

They are also strong when it comes to defensive prospects, however, none are really defensively defensive stalwarts, and with the loss of Zanon this summer, Volchenkov would be very attractive to them, as much as i would hate to lose him.

Someone else who might be attractive to them, and I would also absolutely hate to lose would be Fisher. And with the Carrie Underwood situation, he might be game to go there. He has never played so well in his entire career, and one must begin to think, how much longer will he continue to do so.

Hopefully, they won't want him, and would prefer Spezza. And our first. And will want to dump salary on us to even out the Spezza acquisition, and unload someone like Legwand (although he is a fan favourite).

But I just can't see this happening, no matter how much I would absolutely love to have him. We don't have enough attractive youth in the form of forwards for them to want to trade with us. However, Edmonton does. And even though they lost on Heatley, they may very well win on Weber.

31Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

MurderOnIce wrote:

You may not have a choice. If it came down to it, you wouldn't do Cowen, Volchenkov and a 1st?

That's the bare, bare minimum I would imagine.

32Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:31 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Regardless of how Spezza is playing i think he has enough value to get weber, I dont think you would need to add much more other than to send them a dman and them to send a forward to replace spezza. Heck Spezza could do well in Nashville and out of the lime light of the media.

Maybe something along the lines of

Spezza, Lee, and a 4th

for

Weber and Wilson.

I'd be more interested in arnott instead of wilson but can't see them giving him up if Weber is going.

33Rumours from SensChirp - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumours from SensChirp Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:32 pm

Phoenix30 wrote:Regardless of how Spezza is playing i think he has enough value to get weber, I dont think you would need to add much more other than to send them a dman and them to send a forward to replace spezza. Heck Spezza could do well in Nashville and out of the lime light of the media.

Maybe something along the lines of

Spezza, Lee, and a 4th

for

Weber and Wilson.

I'd be more interested in arnott instead of wilson but can't see them giving him up if Weber is going.

That's like saying you can get Chara for Spezza. No shot.

People are out of their tree's if they thinkg that is going to get Weber. Aldo I cant believe you would add in Wilson too! Hahaha.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum