GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mez signs offer sheet

+13
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Amnesia021
LethalLehner
Phoenix30
beerandsens
jamvan
Mojo
Sensational Spezza
PKC
rooneypoo
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

46Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:06 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
My guess it opens up the door for Bell or Schubert take Mez spot and make a trade down the road once there is a better idea how good the picks would be. I'd be comfortable with either of them and giving a rookie forward a longer look.

I agree, that's possible. Murray takes a long look at Schubie, Nycholat and Bell, then strikes in December or January to nab a guy to help if things aren't great.

47Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:10 pm

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
jamvan wrote:
What about this though Heater?

From Murray: Murray also acknowledged that if Meszaros didn't sign, the Senators would look to fill the job internally and that the team was not entertaining the idea of a trade at this point.

That's before he was handed a gift of a 1st a 2nd and a 3rd. I can understand his position in not really wanting to give away any of our picks. Our cupboards are getting better, but we still don't have an elite winger in the wings. Well...now with all these extra picks, he might be more inclined to give up a 2nd and/or a 3rd and maybe even a prospect and/or Chris Neil for a really good player - or maybe even two....

Like Bouwmeester...didn't Martin always covet Chris Neil?

Ah one can dream

To Florida:
2nd rounder
3rd rounder
Neil
Nikulin/Zubov

To Ottawa
Bouwmeester
Mathias

48Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:10 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Imagine being the GM that trades Tavares or Hedman for Meszaros?

49Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:15 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:Imagine being the GM that trades Tavares or Hedman for Meszaros?

I thought Milburry retired?

50Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mojo1016 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Imagine being the GM that trades Tavares or Hedman for Meszaros?

Someone reincarnated his spirit tonight I think.

51Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

52Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:49 pm

mojo1016 wrote:

Jacques Martin isn't :D

53Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:02 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I am actually pretty excited about this too. I don't think Bouwmeester is going anywhere right now...but I guess I can still dream. If this offer sheet is in fact true, I am hoping that Murray can work some of his magic and get us someone big. :D

54Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:04 pm

spezza rules! wrote:I am actually pretty excited about this too. I don't think Bouwmeester is going anywhere right now...but I guess I can still dream. If this offer sheet is in fact true, I am hoping that Murray can work some of his magic and get us someone big. :D
what if meszaros has his break out year, and we rot in the basement?

55Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:17 pm

Any word on who made this offer yet boyz?

56Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:18 pm

vancanuck1 wrote:Any word on who made this offer yet boyz?
im thinkin Columbus

57Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:22 pm

tukker wrote:
vancanuck1 wrote:Any word on who made this offer yet boyz?
im thinkin Columbus

If it is, you could be in line for some sweet draft picks. If it is indeed Columbus, if Im Bryan Murray, I walk away.

58Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:23 pm

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

Plus, If our D is going to be as bad as some people think, we could end up with both! :D

59Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Amnesia021 wrote:

Plus, If our D is going to be as bad as some people think, we could end up with both! :D

LOL. That's hilarious and possible. We'd be a dynasty if that happened though. What a great poll question that's about to be.... :D

60Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

61Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:46 pm

504Heater wrote:
Amnesia021 wrote:

LOL. That's hilarious and possible. We'd be a dynasty if that happened though. What a great poll question that's about to be.... :D
we'd lose them in no time to free agency

62Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tukker wrote:
we'd lose them in no time to free agency

Not before we had 3 solid years of them with Spezza, Heatley, Fisher, A-Train, Phillips, a goalie and hopefully still Alfie. We'd be spectacularly good. Then...maybe you can trade a couple of guys that you previously wouldn't have...depending on how good these guys are (Hedman's apparently the European Chris Pronger, so...keep him for sure).

63Mez signs offer sheet - Page 4 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:56 pm

"from TSN:

The Hockey News has subsequently reported that Meszaros has signed an offer sheet with another team worth more than $5 million per season, but the Senators are denying it while Meszaros' agent Ritch Winter told TSN, "No comment," when asked about the offer sheet signing."

I don't know about you guys, but "No comment" does nothing to convince me the reports are false...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum