GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mez signs offer sheet

+13
Cronie
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
Amnesia021
LethalLehner
Phoenix30
beerandsens
jamvan
Mojo
Sensational Spezza
PKC
rooneypoo
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

16Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:00 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy crap, I had to post this and run out for the evening. I can't believe it, I just can't believe it.

This is probably one of the best things that could've possibly happened to the Sens. I can't believe that we're intitled to a 1st, 2nd and a 3rd round pick. Hezus, turn around and trade Neil to Anaheim for Scheider and let Lee develop. If we need to take a run at rental puck mover next summer, so be it, but we have Karlsson and Weirchoch coming up and Lee's only gonna get better.

I have doubts that this is really true, but the assets we'd be getting back...

What if it's Florida or a team that has a craptastic season. What if we're in the lottery for franking Hedman or Tavares? Can you imagine?

I can't believe it.

17Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:03 pm

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

I know. We take the compensation, and the possibilities are limitless. Depending on the team and the placement of the draft pick in the order, it could be a top 10 pick, or we could use it and our draft pick to move up in the draft. We could use some of the lower draft picks to acquire a one-year stop gap (Aucoin, perhaps???). Christ, GIVE US MORE NEWS! Diddle!!!!

18Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:05 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I know. We take the compensation, and the possibilities are limitless. Depending on the team and the placement of the draft pick in the order, it could be a top 10 pick, or we could use it and our draft pick to move up in the draft. We could use some of the lower draft picks to acquire a one-year stop gap (Aucoin, perhaps???). Christ, GIVE US MORE NEWS! Diddle!!!!

Good Lord this could be the Florida Panthers..or the Vancouver Canucks...man oh man we're getting 2 amazing picks and the 3rd rounder isn't too shabby. So many assets in one shot...

And we'll end up with someone like Schneider who's better anyway.

Pinch me...Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 1

19Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:06 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I don't know about anyone else, but this is some of the most exciting Sens' news I have heard all summer, even if it could spell out the end of a promising young defenceman's time in Ottawa. I am going to be glued to these forums until I find out the answer, althjough iwe might not hear until tomorrow.

By the way, I like Murray's answer to the 'rumour"..."I’ve heard rumors that that’s happening, but there’s no confirmation of that at this point,"

20Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:09 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:I know. We take the compensation, and the possibilities are limitless. Depending on the team and the placement of the draft pick in the order, it could be a top 10 pick, or we could use it and our draft pick to move up in the draft. We could use some of the lower draft picks to acquire a one-year stop gap (Aucoin, perhaps???). Christ, GIVE US MORE NEWS! Diddle!!!!

Good Lord this could be the Florida Panthers..or the Vancouver Canucks...man oh man we're getting 2 amazing picks and the 3rd rounder isn't too shabby. So many assets in one shot...

What do you think it would take to get Schneider out of Anaheim? I figure not much, but then again, Burke would know we are a little bit more desperate now. He could play hardball. Although, he could figure there would be mutual benefit for both teams that probably will only play each other once all year.

21Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:19 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I hope this is true guys!!! THis could be a huge blessing in disguise.

22Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mojo1016 wrote:

What do you think it would take to get Schneider out of Anaheim? I figure not much, but then again, Burke would know we are a little bit more desperate now. He could play hardball. Although, he could figure there would be mutual benefit for both teams that probably will only play each other once all year.

A 3rd rounder and Chris Neil or a 2nd and a 3rd rounder.

So get this: we would have Schneider, who if he stays healthy (big if) could be in the 65 point range, maybe more. And we still have a first round pick to trade or draft or do whatever the frank we want?

Unreal. I'm literally shocked... affraid

23Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:20 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

mojo1016 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I think they could turn around and give the second they get and get Schneider.

24Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:I hope this is true guys!!! THis could be a huge blessing in disguise.

Stocks the cupboards in Bongo but good, huh?

25Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BRB guys...

26Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:21 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

It could be a very high pick coming back our way.

27Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:31 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

PKC wrote:I don't see why we have to 'bomb' the season. There are still teams out there that need to move offensive defensemen just to get back under the cap. Think Schneider in Anaheim, think Aucoin in Calgary, think Barker in Chicago, etc..... Still lots of options on the table. Not to mention, if we don't match, we could flip the first to Florida with players and prospects for Bouwmeester. Lots of moves Murray can make.

I think the most unwise one, would be matching a 5+ million dollar offer sheet.

Hey I'm just getting to this news now, but I agree with PKC in that we don't have to bomb the season. Also, you're right about not matching the offer sheet, that's just too much money.

Thanks to compensation, if Meszaros goes we could end up with a questionable/decent team now (depending on if Murray makes any moves to fill the void, or fills it internally) and a really bright future. Not bad news. Actually, any news at this point is GREAT to hear.

28Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:37 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Talk is it's LA who has put in the offer sheet. They will finish way down again, so look for a real big return.

Makes sense cause they don't need anymore prospects really, they are loaded.

29Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

beerandsens wrote:
Hey I'm just getting to this news now, but I agree with PKC in that we don't have to bomb the season. Also, you're right about not matching the offer sheet, that's just too much money.

Thanks to compensation, if Meszaros goes we could end up with a questionable/decent team now (depending on if Murray makes any moves to fill the void, or fills it internally) and a really bright future. Not bad news. Actually, any news at this point is GREAT to hear.

Very strong position, we'll have an astounding number of picks.

30Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:39 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

jamvan wrote:Talk is it's LA who has put in the offer sheet. They will finish way down again, so look for a real big return.

Well, I hope this rumour is true. That kind of compensation is very sexy...

31Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:39 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

So does anyone want to place bets for bragging rights on which team signed the deal? I'm guessing the Isles or Atlanta. Either one would be great for use because those would be some great pics coming back our way. This seem like a move Long Island would do, but I have a feeling Atlanta needs him more to prove to Kovalchuk that they are serious.

So my bet is one Atlanta,,,any takers?

32Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Talk is it's LA who has put in the offer sheet. They will finish way down again, so look for a real big return.

That would be insane if it was them. They're gonna finish bottom of the league again - and they're one year away from cashing in on their prospects. Why give away picks at this stage. Like, I believe this is literally giving away picks. If Mez was worth this much, why wasn't he snatched on day 1 to an offer sheet. There was never any chance we'd go near 5 million for him.

If it's LA, we prepare for Hedman or Tavares. Prepare I tell ya.

33Mez signs offer sheet - Page 2 Empty Re: Mez signs offer sheet Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

mojo1016 wrote:So does anyone want to place bets for bragging rights on which team signed the deal? I'm guessing the Isles or Atlanta. Either one would be great for use because those would be some great pics coming back our way. This seem like a move Long Island would do, but I have a feeling Atlanta needs him more to prove to Kovalchuk that they are serious.

So my bet is one Atlanta,,,any takers?

I'll go New Jersey. Boy I hope I'm wrong though, I want it to be Atlanta or LA or the Isles soooooooo bad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum