GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Ottawa @ Detroit: 7:30PM, TSN, TSN1200

+13
Number Twenty Nine
Hockeyhero22000
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
Ev
shabbs
Flo The Action
Hoags
tim1_2
wprager
NEELY
PTFlea
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ryan was also a beast again.

A guy that is getting no mention right now is MacArthur... he's playing well and really helping Turris and Ryan click. You hope the puck goes in for him soon because you know if he gets one he will get a bunch. He's been about all you can ask for.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, watching the games, MacArthur is a guy that always seems to stand out...it's a surprise he has as few points as he does, but that'll correct itself soon if he keeps it up.

Ryan has been as-billed. There were a couple times last night when I was wishing he would hustle a little quicker, but the man knows how to score. He reminds me of Heatley, and I mean that in the best possible context.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, watching the games, MacArthur is a guy that always seems to stand out...it's a surprise he has as few points as he does, but that'll correct itself soon if he keeps it up.  

Ryan has been as-billed.  There were a couple times last night when I was wishing he would hustle a little quicker, but the man knows how to score.  He reminds me of Heatley, and I mean that in the best possible context.
Ryan is a little better with and without the puck to be honest. I don't think he is the pure sniper Heatley used to be but he's a flat out better player. Just the way he plays the game in terms of him hustling a little more. He gets the job done though.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I will personally take credit for the victory since I did the GDT. Shabbs GDT for the win? Ain't nobody got time for that Dung

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:I will personally take credit for the victory since I did the GDT.  Shabbs GDT for the win?  Ain't nobody got time for that Dung
Michallica (soon to be Lehnerd Skynyrd) FTW

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:I will personally take credit for the victory since I did the GDT. Shabbs GDT for the win? Ain't nobody got time for that Dung
Congrats as your new job as the GDTer until you f it up and we lose.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The shabbs GDT is only used in real times of need and game 9 of the season doesn't count brah.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Will be interesting to hear the Name Dropper make excuses for his beloved Wings.
Not true.

It won't be interesting at all. Sarcasm 

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Will be interesting to hear the Name Dropper make excuses for his beloved Wings.
Not true.

It won't be interesting at all. Sarcasm 
Bang on, as usual, Clutcher. He basically said it was a nothing game for Detroit in spite of losing their 2 previous and we'll see who the better team is when it matters, in the playoffs.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He did speak the truth about "who the better team is when it matters, in the playoffs." He's just wrong about the team :D

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:Another thing... how bad is Weiss?

Bad. Really surprised personally. Maybe he's not comfortable yet, but he's looked really poor.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

why couldn't I've watched this game? Frustrated1
nice to hear all the positives. hopefully they can build off that with the coming challenges this week. i'm really hoping this is a sign of chemistry building and injuries going away(karls and spezz) something has to be done with michalek, if he's useless where he is they should try at least pairing him with zib and see if something there can happen.  

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Paul MacLean: "We played the game tonight and we end up winning it, a big win for us on the road. It had little to do with Daniel."

Awesome. That is what a coach says after a game like that. Dallas Eakins, take note. Don't give them anything. Don't suggest the only reason your team won was because of one other player on the other side. It was a team win, and a great effort all around.

PMac is the man.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Paul MacLean: "We played the game tonight and we end up winning it, a big win for us on the road. It had little to do with Daniel."

Awesome. That is what a coach says after a game like that. Dallas Eakins, take note. Don't give them anything. Don't suggest the only reason your team won was because of one other player on the other side. It was a team win, and a great effort all around.

PMac is the man.
He is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gryba had one of the oddest games I've seen in a while from a player last night. Great play, terrible giveaway, great play, bad play, great play, bad play.

He also defined why it's sometimes hard to play the left side as a right hander and vice versa on his mammoth giveaway that led to the goal (2 other giveaways right before that too from the Sens PK - you knew one of them was gonna go in).

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That Eakins/Eller stuff was hilarious. What was really funny is that Eller said what everyone basically thinks, and then was railed for it. Just another example of why pro athletes generally just spout off generic cliches to avoid saying anything interesting that may also be controversial.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What impressed me the most last night was the chemistry on all four lines. It's clear that there is no room on this team for Kassian. 0 fights, 0 PIMs, 0 points, 4:00 TOI/game. Just not worth dressing him over someone with talent. Ideally, Ottawa continues to run:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Conacher-Zib-Condra
Grant-Smith-Neil

I'd like to think that after Zib's performance last night, the debate really should be between Grant and Pageau for that last roster spot.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What impressed me the most last night was the chemistry on all four lines. It's clear that there is no room on this team for Kassian. 0 fights, 0 PIMs, 0 points, 4:00 TOI/game. Just not worth dressing him over someone with talent. Ideally, Ottawa continues to run:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Conacher-Zib-Condra
Grant-Smith-Neil

I'd like to think that after Zib's performance last night, the debate really should be between Grant and Pageau for that last roster spot.
Co-sign.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum