GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Ottawa @ Detroit: 7:30PM, TSN, TSN1200

+13
Number Twenty Nine
Hockeyhero22000
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
Ev
shabbs
Flo The Action
Hoags
tim1_2
wprager
NEELY
PTFlea
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Nobody did one, so I'll do a half-Donkey one.  still better than none.

To get started, here's a sit down interview with the man of the hour himself.  Note the comments about the 'probably not' statement.  

GDT - Ottawa @ Detroit: 7:30PM, TSN, TSN1200 Large @ GDT - Ottawa @ Detroit: 7:30PM, TSN, TSN1200 Large

Detroit Projected Lineup (6-3-1, 13 points, 1st Atlantic Division):

Henrik Zetterberg – Pavel Datsyuk –  Justin Abdelkader
Todd Bertuzzi – Johan Franzen – Daniel Alfredsson
Daniel Cleary – Stephen Weiss – Tomas Tatar
Drew Miller – Joakim Andersson – Jordin Tootoo

Danny DeKeyser – Niklas Kronwall
Jakub Kindl – Kyle Quincey
Brendan Smith – Brian Lashoff

Jimmy Howard

Ottawa Projected Lineup (3-3-2, 8 points, 6th Atlantic Division):

Milan Michalek - Jason Spezza - Cory Conacher
Clarke Macarthur - Kyle Turris - Bobby Ryan
Colin Greening - Zack Smith - Chris Neil
Derek Grant - Mika Zibanejad - Erik Condra

Marc Methot - Erik Karlsson
Jared Cowen - Eric Gryba
Chris Phillips - Joe Corvo

Craig Anderson

Scratches: Weircioch, Kassian

TOP 3 STORYLINES FOR THE GAME
1.  Alfie – Obviously Daniel Alfredsson playing against the Senators for the first time is the biggest storyline among the media, fans  and the players.  However there is still a game to play, and an important 2 points on the line.
2. Mika – Demoted at the end of training camp, Mika Zibanejad should finally get into an NHL lineup for the first time this season.  Here’s hoping he sticks to his game and doesn’t try to do too much.
3.  Divisional Contest – This game also marks the first time that the Red Wings have ever played the Senators in a divisional game.  The Wings are already 5 points up on the Senators (albeit with 2 more games played), but in a playoff race that is anticipated to go down to the wire, even two points this early in the season are vital.
http://senshot.com/2013/10/23/game-9-preview-ottawa-senators-detroit-red-wings/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Hot%2BTopics

Last edited by Michallica on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:31 pm; edited 4 times in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He made some statements with Wallace that can definitely be perceived as trying to smooth things over with fans and potentially with management. I just want to get this game over with and hopefully see a Ryan hat-trick - and then move on.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't even know what to think about that interview. Not sure if he is lying, telling the truth, or somewhere in the middle... and if that's the case what are the truths and what are the lies?

Hopefully after Dec 1 this all goes away forever... until they meet in the playoffs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:I don't even know what to think about that interview.  Not sure if he is lying, telling the truth, or somewhere in the middle... and if that's the case what are the truths and what are the lies?

Hopefully after Dec 1 this all goes away forever... until they meet in the playoffs.
Why would it go away after Dec 1? Don't we play them 5 times?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They play 4 times.  Last game is Feb. 27.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There is certainly way more to the Alfie story than we will likely ever know.

If things don't go well for us tonight, I expect full-scale lineup shuffling for our next game.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

There's definitely more to it, too many inconsistencies. Lots of players leave their team via free agency but I don't recall seeing as much Dung being spewed as this.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I honestly now wonder how much of an effect the "probably not" thing had on MacLean and management. Did they rip into him after the season? Did they insult him walking out the door? Or was it all about money?

Frigging weird.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

no matter what there better be some motivation behind these sens to show Alfie he made the wrong choice. I'd be a happy man if we won all the wings-sens contest this season. then he can come back to work within the organization.:crossarms: 

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:I honestly now wonder how much of an effect the "probably not" thing had on MacLean and management.  Did they rip into him after the season?  Did they insult him walking out the door?  Or was it all about money?

Frigging weird.
The Sens have always had Alfie on a pedestal, I refuse believe anyone on team or management would ever rip into him.

"Probably not" was him being honest that he didn't believe this team will win big anytime soon.  It's bad form for a Captain but I guess that's how he felt and no one can fault him for that.

Money was it too.  He wanted the team to load up for a run, Melnyk didn't/couldn't, so he asked for a lot of $$$ to stay on and play "mentor" again, knowing the team would never pay that much. He left elsewhere to try and win.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Perhaps alfie didn't believe the players or the coaching staff were as serious about winning as he was? That's my thinking about why he said 'probably not'. He was frustrated at his team, no question about it.

The bruins, red wings, penguins, blackhawks all no doubt are more serious about winning a championship than the sens, and it's probably reflected in the dressing rooms, on the bench, at practice, etc.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Perhaps alfie didn't believe the players or the coaching staff were as serious about winning as he was?  That's my thinking about why he said 'probably not'.  He was frustrated at his team, no question about it.  
When ownership invests more money and spends to the cap or close to it, it's a sign of confidence that ownership believes this team can win and is willing to put their money where their mouth it. It's a vote of confidence

When they don't, it means the budget is more important than winning and/or that ownership doesn't truly believe in the team (at least not yet).

That might not necessarily be true but it can be perceived as such by some players.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Like I said, it probably reflected in the dressing room and ergo the ice. Alfie just saw a team satisfied in reaching the second round so they just easily 'gave up' in game 4 against the penguins when it became evident Pittsburgh was outhustling the sens. That's likely why alfie said what he said. He was pissed off with his team.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Like I said, it probably reflected in the dressing room and ergo the ice.  Alfie just saw a team satisfied in reaching the second round so they just easily 'gave up' in game 4 against the penguins when it became evident Pittsburgh was outhustling the sens.  That's likely why alfie said what he said.  He was pissed off with his team.
I don't know if they were satisfied, they gave up because Pittsburgh thoroughly outplayed them.  Pretty much every mistake, every penalty cost them a goal.

Alfie saw just how far we have to go before we're on Pittsburgh's level.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Like I said, it probably reflected in the dressing room and ergo the ice.  Alfie just saw a team satisfied in reaching the second round so they just easily 'gave up' in game 4 against the penguins when it became evident Pittsburgh was outhustling the sens.  That's likely why alfie said what he said.  He was pissed off with his team.
I don't know if we should say that about Alfie, because that makes him appear challenged. Of course we were satisfied to make Round 2 last year amidst devastating injuries and guys playing on one leg. He wanted to be a 2nd line player where the Captain is Pavel Datsyuk and his partner in crime is Zetterberg, the coach is amazing, the defence is unheralded but quite solid. He wanted to be part of the team instead of being the team. He's basically admitted as much, he didn't want to mentor anymore, he wants to be part of a team that knows how to win.

Is that fair? I don't know...I guess if he wants to retire on that note it is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum