GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Ottawa @ Detroit: 7:30PM, TSN, TSN1200

+13
Number Twenty Nine
Hockeyhero22000
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
Ev
shabbs
Flo The Action
Hoags
tim1_2
wprager
NEELY
PTFlea
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:That 2nd Spezza goal was ridiculous.
Bobby Ryan is a monster of a player.
He walked right in after that rebound like a power forward or something.  To be honest, though, the Wings D looked really, really weak and their forwards were not helping much.  Is Kronwall back in the lineup because Ericksson was out?  

That second Spezza goal, was wondering how it went in, then I checked what Gustavsson was doing: on the first pump he went down in the butterfly, then when Spezza held back he tried getting back up again, and that's when Spezza slapped it through him.  
That was his first goal. The second one was the one he put off the boards, then pushed through Datsyuk and another Wing (D player, not sure who, DeKeyser maybe), and slapped his rebound home. Dynamite play.
Sorry, meant the second goal (not second Spezza goal).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The guy that could be taken out of the lineup is Smith.  I like Smith as much as anyone, but he's the logical choice if someone needs to come out to get Pageau some playing time.
i've thought Smith has been really solid this year personally.  And I've been hard on him in the past. I probably wouldn't do that.
Then how does Pageau get ice time?  Grant comes out?  Wouldn't make sense.  Neil or Condra come out?  Not gonna happen.  
Injuries. Cold streaks. Protein from the sea.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's how you get Pageau playing time:

Send him where he belongs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Here's how you get Pageau playing time:

Send him where he belongs.
Well...not that he really "belongs" in the AHL, but in the short-term, it might be more beneficial for him to get 20+ mins a night there than not playing much here.

Can't see us carrying/rotating Z-Bad, Grant, and Pageau (once he's healthy again).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:The guy that could be taken out of the lineup is Smith.  I like Smith as much as anyone, but he's the logical choice if someone needs to come out to get Pageau some playing time.
i've thought Smith has been really solid this year personally.  And I've been hard on him in the past. I probably wouldn't do that.
Then how does Pageau get ice time?  Grant comes out?  Wouldn't make sense.  Neil or Condra come out?  Not gonna happen.  
Injuries I would assume. Or they rotate Grant and Pageau in. I was really, really impressed with Grant - both on the PK and 5 on 5. Not sure Mac will take him out for a while.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Injuries I would assume.  Or they rotate Grant and Pageau in.  I was really, really impressed with Grant - both on the PK and 5 on 5.  Not sure Mac will take him out for a while.  
Whatever decision "Mac" makes, it will probably be the wrong one. Hopefully, guys like Spezza and Greg Anderson win in spite of that fools ineptitude.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Karlsson's only really at about 80% of what he's capable of - if that. That bodes very well for us down the line.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There is zero point carrying a player on a two-way contract as a healthy extra. Much more effective from a player development perspective to have him play in Bingo than to practice and be a healthy.

What I do like to see is Spezza shooting the puck. I appreciate him shooting on net much more than making drop passes that end up on the other team's stick.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Karlsson's only really at about 80% of what he's capable of - if that.  That bodes very well for us down the line.
How far down the line? I don't see how he has time to get to 100% this season what with the Olympics and such like.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Karlsson's only really at about 80% of what he's capable of - if that.  That bodes very well for us down the line.
How far down the line? I don't see how he has time to get to 100% this season what with the Olympics and such like.
I think this is the best Karlsson we're going to get and I don't think that's a bad thing.

He's playing the full PP, he's killing penalties, playing against top d pairings, he's still a point per game player, and playing 27+ minutes a night.

Do people really expect more from him?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
I think this is the best Karlsson we're going to get and I don't think that's a bad thing.

He's playing the full PP, he's killing penalties, playing against top d pairings, he's still a point per game player, and playing 27+ minutes a night.

Do people really expect more from him?
20% MORE!!!!!!!

MOAR!!!!!!!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I expect him to stop sucking Alfies Wang

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator