GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: - New York Islanders @ Ottawa, 7:30PM SNET/TSN1200

+10
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Flo The Action
PTFlea
LeCaptain
Ev
tim1_2
NEELY
shabbs
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 16]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just. Practice.

EDIT: Game day now, changing the thread name and first post.

Just. Win.
GDT: - New York Islanders @ Ottawa, 7:30PM SNET/TSN1200 New_york_islanders_2000 @ GDT: - New York Islanders @ Ottawa, 7:30PM SNET/TSN1200 Ottawa_Senators_1917
Or as Tim said:
We gotta jump on these Cussing diddles and Diddle their Cussing Dung right the Diddle up off the Cussing hop.
Or from Ottawa Senators web site ISLANDERS (4-5-3) at SENATORS (4-6-2)

TV: MSG PLUS, SNET-E
Last 10: New York 3-5-2; Ottawa 3-6-1

Season series: They'll meet this one time and not again until a home-and-home the first week in April. The Ottawa Senators have taken all available points from the New York Islanders save one in each of the past two seasons, an Islanders overtime win and a shootout win preventing sweeps.

Big story: Each team finds itself in similar straits, taking a solid step forward only to suffer frustrating setbacks. The Islanders' road win over the Pittsburgh Penguins last Friday night could not have been scripted better, subsequent losses to the Philadelphia Flyers and New York Rangers the worst possible way to undo such success. The Senators scored a season-high six goals against the Detroit Red Wings last Wednesday, but three straight losses since make that road win a distant memory.

LUCKY 13!!! I predict a Sens 12-1 win :D

Last edited by wprager on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lehner time?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I don't see how Lehner doesn't get the start on Friday night, if he doesn't it's because they are desperate to get Anderson back on track and MacLean will lean on his vets until they fall right over which isn't a bad thing but it can get frustrating as a fan.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, we'll see Lehner. He might be given a couple consecutive starts here, assuming he's not terrible vs. the Islanders. If he plays well and the Sens get a W, it could be a while before Anderson gets back in.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, we'll see Lehner.  He might be given a couple consecutive starts here, assuming he's not terrible vs. the Islanders.  If he plays well and the Sens get a W, it could be a while before Anderson gets back in.
Thing is, if he wins it'll just be beating a bad team. We've got a string of winnable games coming up. He just might continue playing Anderson to get him out of his funk (remember two years ago Anderson was very average until the Christmas break -- he had that stye surgically remove from his eye and then went on a tear until the frozen chicken breast incident). So Anderson is not immune to slow starts and quite capable of turning things around.

I have this awful feeling that we are not going to see Lehner -- at least not for a long string of games. If PMac was leaning that way he would have gotten the start in one of the last three games (in retrospect, he was always going to play Anderson in Chicago -- his home town -- but he could have easily given Lehner the start against the Ducks or Sharks.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cussing terrible GDT bud

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Thing is, if he wins it'll just be beating a bad team.
These aren't your Grandma's Islanders. They still aren't great, but they have improved, and they are ahead of us in the standings. It is a very important game to bounce back.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The team's effort cleary reflects on this GDT Smile

With how fast the Isles forwards are, I can see a scenario where Cowen and Wiercioch are -4

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:Cussing terrible GDT bud
It's a PGDT...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Ev wrote:Cussing terrible GDT bud
It's a PGDT...
He doesn't have a HD screen. Probably missed the 'P'.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:The team's effort cleary reflects on this GDT Smile

With how fast the Isles forwards are, I can see a scenario where Cowen and Wiercioch are -4
The Sens get the GDT they deserve, not the one they need.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Weird:

Jason York ‏@jasonyork33 2m

Looks like chris phillips is now play with Karlsson , Methot with Weircioch

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Even weirder. With Pageau Bingo-bound, new lines:

Steve Lloyd ‏@TSNSteveLloyd 1m

Conacher-Spezza-Neil, MacArthur-Turris-Ryan, Michalek-Smith-Zibanejad, Greening/Kassian-Grant-Condra. New Sens lines.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lol Neil with Spezza

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Even weirder.  With Pageau Bingo-bound, new lines:

Steve Lloyd ‏@TSNSteveLloyd 1m

Conacher-Spezza-Neil, MacArthur-Turris-Ryan, Michalek-Smith-Zibanejad, Greening/Kassian-Grant-Condra. New Sens lines.
Facepalm 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 16]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum