GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Ottawa @ Detroit: 7:30PM, TSN, TSN1200

+13
Number Twenty Nine
Hockeyhero22000
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
Ev
shabbs
Flo The Action
Hoags
tim1_2
wprager
NEELY
PTFlea
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

5 points for Joe Scorevo.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:5 points for Joe Scorevo.
For or against?

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
For or against?
Very good, Hogues.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
For or against?
Laugh1 

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No, 5 points for Karlsson ... to catch PK.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

P.S. Does PK stand for Probably Knot?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
There was a poll on nhl.com asking who the best D-Man in the NHL is and PK was just a touch ahead of "Karls" Karlsson.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:P.S. Does PK stand for Probably Knot?
Nothing beats Pretend Karlsson

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
There was a poll on nhl.com asking who the best D-Man in the NHL is and PK was just a touch ahead of "Karls" Karlsson.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
5 for Scorevo (2nd assists)
5 for Karlsson (1st assists)
5 for Bobby f'n Ryan (goals)

Yes.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

We better win.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:Perhaps alfie didn't believe the players or the coaching staff were as serious about winning as he was?  That's my thinking about why he said 'probably not'.  He was frustrated at his team, no question about it.  
When ownership invests more money and spends to the cap or close to it, it's a sign of confidence that ownership believes this team can win and is willing to put their money where their mouth it.  It's a vote of confidence

When they don't, it means the budget is more important than winning and/or that ownership doesn't truly believe in the team (at least not yet).

That might not necessarily be true but it can be perceived as such by some players.
Exactly.. Of course the players and the coaches want to win the Cup. But Melnyk wants to do it on a shoestring budget... and that won't work. You have to keep up to the other teams in the division.

Mason Raymond was available for cheap... as it turned out. Speed and can score. The Sens right now are not where they should be. Something is off. Is it still adjusting to their team without Alfie? Their PP is an absolute joke.. yet Dave Cameron is still in charge of it. That man appears to have no creativity.. The PP is too slow and predictable.. and it fails the team. Their transition game isn't what it was in the first couple games of the season.. Then again, they have been playing the top teams in the West. But the Leafs beat one of those teams last night? Why? Because they can put a puck in the net quite frequently. Some nights the Sens can't put a puck in the ocean... see Edmonton game.. Too many shots from the outside. Not too many players going to the front of the net..

Crossing fingers they win. IF the pesky Sens show up.. they have a good chance of winning tonight.. Andy will have to be stellar. If it is the team that played the Oilers... then it's another loss...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:We better win.
Won't be easy. We haven't played well for most of the 8 games so far (according to PMac our best full-60-minute game was the loss to Edmonton, and then he treated the boys to a bag skate). Detroit is winless in their last two but one of them was a 1-0 SO loss to the league's best team. Let's hope that Howard plays like he did against the Coyotes (4 goals on 32 shots).

Player #11 has nearly half of his point total (4 of 9) playing the right point on the PP. We better not give him too many opportunities to pad those stats.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It baffles me why more teams don't go for players like Mason Raymond. What skin is it off their back? 1 million dollars? Who cares? It's obvious they can play the game at a decent level, sometimes it's not the best idea to rush prospects.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:We better win.
Won't be easy.  We haven't played well for most of the 8 games so far (according to PMac our best full-60-minute game was the loss to Edmonton, and then he treated the boys to a bag skate).  Detroit is winless in their last two but one of them was a 1-0 SO loss to the league's best team.  Let's hope that Howard plays like he did against the Coyotes (4 goals on 32 shots).

Player #11 has nearly half of his point total (4 of 9) playing the right point on the PP.  We better not give him too many opportunities to pad those stats.
I don't know if I agree with him on that one. No sense of desperation to score on a crappy goalie at all. Do that against Detroit and you'll lose 6-1.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

sandysensfan wrote:
Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:Perhaps alfie didn't believe the players or the coaching staff were as serious about winning as he was?  That's my thinking about why he said 'probably not'.  He was frustrated at his team, no question about it.  
When ownership invests more money and spends to the cap or close to it, it's a sign of confidence that ownership believes this team can win and is willing to put their money where their mouth it.  It's a vote of confidence

When they don't, it means the budget is more important than winning and/or that ownership doesn't truly believe in the team (at least not yet).

That might not necessarily be true but it can be perceived as such by some players.
Exactly..  Of course the players and the coaches want to win the Cup.  But Melnyk wants to do it on a shoestring budget... and that won't work.  You have to keep up to the other teams in the division.  

Mason Raymond was available for cheap... as it turned out.  Speed and can score.  The Sens right now are not where they should be.  Something is off.  Is it still adjusting to their team without Alfie?  Their PP is an absolute joke.. yet Dave Cameron is still  in charge of it.  That man appears to have no creativity..  The PP is too slow and predictable.. and it fails the team.  Their transition game isn't what it was in the first couple games of the season..  Then again, they have been playing the top teams in the West.  But the Leafs beat one of those teams last night?  Why?  Because they can put a puck in the net quite frequently.  Some nights the Sens can't put a puck in the ocean... see Edmonton game..  Too many shots from the outside.  Not too many players going to the front of the net..

Crossing fingers they win.  IF the pesky Sens show up.. they have a good chance of winning tonight.. Andy will have to be stellar.  If it is the team that played the Oilers... then it's another loss...
I don't think anyone here is dreaming of winning the Cup this season. In 2-3 years guys like Wiercioch and Cowen will be seasoned vets, Conacher/Pageau/etc. will be older and more experienced. Lehner will be getting the lion's share of the starts. That is when we will be competing. Is there really any need to spend money needlessly now?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
amen! I need it for my pool.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Exactly..  Of course the players and the coaches want to win the Cup.  But Melnyk wants to do it on a shoestring budget... and that won't work.  You have to keep up to the other teams in the division.  

Mason Raymond was available for cheap... as it turned out.  Speed and can score.  The Sens right now are not where they should be.  Something is off.  Is it still adjusting to their team without Alfie?  Their PP is an absolute joke.. yet Dave Cameron is still  in charge of it.  That man appears to have no creativity..  The PP is too slow and predictable.. and it fails the team.  Their transition game isn't what it was in the first couple games of the season..  Then again, they have been playing the top teams in the West.  But the Leafs beat one of those teams last night?  Why?  Because they can put a puck in the net quite frequently.  Some nights the Sens can't put a puck in the ocean... see Edmonton game..  Too many shots from the outside.  Not too many players going to the front of the net..

Crossing fingers they win.  IF the pesky Sens show up.. they have a good chance of winning tonight.. Andy will have to be stellar.  If it is the team that played the Oilers... then it's another loss...
I don't think anyone here is dreaming of winning the Cup this season.  In 2-3 years guys like Wiercioch and Cowen will be seasoned vets, Conacher/Pageau/etc. will be older and more experienced.  Lehner will be getting the lion's share of the starts.  That is when we will be competing.  Is there really any need to spend money needlessly now?
no we're not thinking of winning the cup but at least making the playoffs has to be in the cards now. I'm very unsure of spezza's leadership qualities and that remains a big question mark. there doesn't seem to be the same intensity that there was behind Alfie. this team kind of needs to find it's new rallying identity. some growing up from the kids will be good in order to see some of them take on more leading responsibility. IMO in theory we're 2 years I'd say before we can reach the conf finals... then again, anything is possible when a team gets hot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum