GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Ottawa @ Detroit: 7:30PM, TSN, TSN1200

+13
Number Twenty Nine
Hockeyhero22000
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
Ev
shabbs
Flo The Action
Hoags
tim1_2
wprager
NEELY
PTFlea
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That Eakins/Eller stuff was hilarious. What was really funny is that Eller said what everyone basically thinks, and then was railed for it. Just another example of why pro athletes generally just spout off generic cliches to avoid saying anything interesting that may also be controversial.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

What impressed me the most last night was the chemistry on all four lines. It's clear that there is no room on this team for Kassian. 0 fights, 0 PIMs, 0 points, 4:00 TOI/game. Just not worth dressing him over someone with talent. Ideally, Ottawa continues to run:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Conacher-Zib-Condra
Grant-Smith-Neil

I'd like to think that after Zib's performance last night, the debate really should be between Grant and Pageau for that last roster spot.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What impressed me the most last night was the chemistry on all four lines. It's clear that there is no room on this team for Kassian. 0 fights, 0 PIMs, 0 points, 4:00 TOI/game. Just not worth dressing him over someone with talent. Ideally, Ottawa continues to run:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Conacher-Zib-Condra
Grant-Smith-Neil

I'd like to think that after Zib's performance last night, the debate really should be between Grant and Pageau for that last roster spot.
Co-sign.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Grant went 5 for 8 on faceoffs. In comparison, Turris went 3 for 15. Pageau's been horrible at faceoffs this year too...so Grant's worth keeping in the lineup for faceoffs alone, not to mention he's solid on the PK as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I really don't see how you take Grant out of that lineup. Pageau may stick with the club to continue to practice and work, but he may not get in for a while.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The guy that could be taken out of the lineup is Smith. I like Smith as much as anyone, but he's the logical choice if someone needs to come out to get Pageau some playing time.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:The guy that could be taken out of the lineup is Smith.  I like Smith as much as anyone, but he's the logical choice if someone needs to come out to get Pageau some playing time.
Too bad "Mac" and logic don't mix.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:The guy that could be taken out of the lineup is Smith.  I like Smith as much as anyone, but he's the logical choice if someone needs to come out to get Pageau some playing time.
i've thought Smith has been really solid this year personally. And I've been hard on him in the past. I probably wouldn't do that.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Smith has been about as good as you can ask him to be at this point.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:That 2nd Spezza goal was ridiculous.
Bobby Ryan is a monster of a player.
He walked right in after that rebound like a power forward or something.  To be honest, though, the Wings D looked really, really weak and their forwards were not helping much.  Is Kronwall back in the lineup because Ericksson was out?  

That second Spezza goal, was wondering how it went in, then I checked what Gustavsson was doing: on the first pump he went down in the butterfly, then when Spezza held back he tried getting back up again, and that's when Spezza slapped it through him.  
That was his first goal. The second one was the one he put off the boards, then pushed through Datsyuk and another Wing (D player, not sure who, DeKeyser maybe), and slapped his rebound home. Dynamite play.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:Ryan was also a beast again.

A guy that is getting no mention right now is MacArthur... he's playing well and really helping Turris and Ryan click.  You hope the puck goes in for him soon because you know if he gets one he will get a bunch.  He's been about all you can ask for.
He's tied for second on the team in shots. He'll start potting a few soon for sure.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
i've thought Smith has been really solid this year personally. And I've been hard on him in the past. I probably wouldn't do that.
Then how does Pageau get ice time? Grant comes out? Wouldn't make sense. Neil or Condra come out? Not gonna happen.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
i've thought Smith has been really solid this year personally.  And I've been hard on him in the past. I probably wouldn't do that.
Then how does Pageau get ice time?  Grant comes out?  Wouldn't make sense.  Neil or Condra come out?  Not gonna happen.  
Injuries happen and I assume they are not going to be handing anything to Zibanejad at this point either.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:What impressed me the most last night was the chemistry on all four lines. It's clear that there is no room on this team for Kassian. 0 fights, 0 PIMs, 0 points, 4:00 TOI/game. Just not worth dressing him over someone with talent. Ideally, Ottawa continues to run:

Greening-Spezza-Michalek
MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Conacher-Zib-Condra
Grant-Smith-Neil

How long before Michalek joins the debate? How long before Zibanejad pushes for his spot (I still like him as a winger).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I really don't see how you take Grant out of that lineup.  Pageau may stick with the club to continue to practice and work, but he may not get in for a while.
Grant had a good game, but it's a game -- Pageau had several good ones. There's room for all wiht injuries and cold streaks.

Turris needs to stay after class with Spezza and do a couple buckets of pucks.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:
LeKing wrote:That 2nd Spezza goal was ridiculous.
Bobby Ryan is a monster of a player.
He walked right in after that rebound like a power forward or something.  To be honest, though, the Wings D looked really, really weak and their forwards were not helping much.  Is Kronwall back in the lineup because Ericksson was out?  

That second Spezza goal, was wondering how it went in, then I checked what Gustavsson was doing: on the first pump he went down in the butterfly, then when Spezza held back he tried getting back up again, and that's when Spezza slapped it through him.  
That was his first goal. The second one was the one he put off the boards, then pushed through Datsyuk and another Wing (D player, not sure who, DeKeyser maybe), and slapped his rebound home. Dynamite play.
Sorry, meant the second goal (not second Spezza goal).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
i've thought Smith has been really solid this year personally.  And I've been hard on him in the past. I probably wouldn't do that.
Then how does Pageau get ice time?  Grant comes out?  Wouldn't make sense.  Neil or Condra come out?  Not gonna happen.  
Injuries. Cold streaks. Protein from the sea.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Here's how you get Pageau playing time:

Send him where he belongs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum