GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game Day: Detroit Red Wings @ Ottawa Senators, 5:30pm, Sun. Dec. 1, 2013

+7
sandysensfan
Ev
PTFlea
NEELY
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Alfie return tribute & Clutchers 24 year dating anniversary edition

Game Day: Detroit Red Wings @ Ottawa Senators, 5:30pm, Sun. Dec. 1, 2013 Large@ Game Day: Detroit Red Wings @ Ottawa Senators, 5:30pm, Sun. Dec. 1, 2013 Large

LIVE ON RDS, TSN, NHLN-US RADIO: TSN 1200 - LISTEN

Alfie makes his return to Ottawa for the first time since the cluster diddle that saw him sign with Detroit as a UFA.  In honour of his return I would suggest we tell our favourite Alfie moments.  Mine personally is the first time I recall the Alfie Alfie Alfie chant starting on a building wide scale. It was a playoff game vs. Pittsburgh and Alfie got himself into a bit of a scrum.  The crowd dissipates and there stood Alfie with his jersey off and the crowd just started chanting Alfie Alfie Alfie.

I also started dating my now wife on December 1st, 1989 and this marks 24 years together.  We'll be at the game in the 300 level front row to enjoy our day and to enjoy the game and to pay tribute to Alfie and all he's done for this town and this team.

Will the fans chant Alfie Alfie Alfie at 11:11 of each period?  Will they boo?  Will they do both?  I for one will cheer loud and proud and hope for a standing ovation before, during and after his video tribute and hope that the cheers win out over the boos.

Go Sens Go and beat them Wings to a pulp!

OttawaSenators.Com Preview

- Unknown Author

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Should be an emotional game for Alfie, the team and the fans. Looking forward to seeing the tribute. A Sens win would be hella sweet. Remember The Alfie.

GO SENS GO!!!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm looking forward to seeing how my wife reacts to finding out that she's going to the game and that we're going to dinner / lunch at the buffet at CTC and the jumbotron message I have for her.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I hope the team remembers his parting words, how he essentially told them that he didn't think much of a team that could overcome losing a Norris winner, near Vezina winner, 1LC and #1 goal scorer and still managed to limp into the post-season. All for what, a little hissy-fit with the owner over money?

I would never boo Alfie, but I would certainly not chant his name, nor applaud or cheer him on in any way. I think the most appropriate message would be a deafening moment of silence at 11:11.

I cared very much for what he had done for this team and the city, but all that is nonw tarnished in much the same way as Yashin's "donation" to the NAC. He sold his legacy to the highest bidder so he could play in front of a half-filled arena and have another player's left-over bobbleheads being given away as his own.

He is not on the same level as Yashin or Heatley, but he has lost or put a large question mark on anything that was admirable about him before.

Plus I hear his son is a bit of a jerk, too. äpple doesn't fall far from the träd.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:I hope the team remembers his parting words, how he essentially told them that he didn't think much of a team that could overcome losing a Norris winner, near Vezina winner, 1LC and #1 goal scorer and still managed to limp into the post-season.  All for what, a little hissy-fit with the owner over money?  

I would never boo Alfie, but I would certainly not chant his name, nor applaud or cheer him on in any way.  I think the most appropriate message would be a deafening moment of silence at 11:11.  

I cared very much for what he had done for this team and the city, but all that is nonw tarnished in much the same way as Yashin's "donation" to the NAC.  He sold his legacy to the highest bidder so he could play in front of a half-filled arena and have another player's left-over bobbleheads being given away as his own.  

He is not on the same level as Yashin or Heatley, but he has lost or put a large question mark on anything that was admirable about him before.

Plus I hear his son is a bit of a jerk, too.  äpple doesn't fall far from the träd.  
That should have been ringing around in their heads all season but w/e. If they need Aflie as motivation at this point to come out and win a game then this team doesn't have a chance.

Going to be a nice tribute to Alfie... after that they need a win and nothing else matters. They need this ship turned around now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Prager's gone all bitter! Case of the Melnyk's? Wink

Remember the good. Forget the bad. Win.

That is all.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Prager's gone all bitter! Case of the Melnyk's? Wink

Remember the good. Forget the bad. Win.

That is all.
I haven't "gone", I was there from when the shock wore off. Maybe an hour or two, maybe the following morning. But I've been bitter and now indifferent. I get a tad miffed how some are still idolizing him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Someone tell me Lehners starting.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lehner will at least be backing up

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

I'm going to the game and will be cheering and clapping during the ceremony.. but once the puck drops.. it's all Sens.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Ev wrote:Lehner will at least be backing up
HA!

Still no word? WTF.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Gustavsson goes for the Wings, confirmed.

https://twitter.com/AnsarKhanMLive/status/406876022815358976

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ryan with 8 goals. 8.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lehner goes!

Cowen, Gryba & Kassian are OUT!