GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Detroit Red Wings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - WED. Feb. 2, 2011

+20
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
spader
garblar
Bramlet07
asq2
sandysensfan
SDH89
tim1_2
SensHulk
Flo The Action
PTFlea
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
shabbs
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

GAME DAY:Detroit Red Wings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - WED. Feb. 2, 2011

GAME DAY:Detroit Red Wings  @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - WED. Feb. 2, 2011 LargeGAME DAY:Detroit Red Wings  @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - WED. Feb. 2, 2011 AtGAME DAY:Detroit Red Wings  @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - WED. Feb. 2, 2011 Large

"SnOw MG"

The Ottawa Senators (17-26-8, 42 pts) host the Detroit Red Wings (30-13-6, 66 pts) Wednesday night. The Wings, despite a rash of injuries, just keep chuggin' along with a 6-3-1 record in their last 10 games. The Sens seem to have taken full control of the tank bus and have remained fairly well on course with just one win this year.

A winter storm warning that has seen all Ottawa area school bus service cancelled coupled with an earlier than normal start time; should see the building about half empty with most people missing at least some of the game.

Game Coverage:

TV: TSN (HD), FS-D (HD)
    Radio: Team 1200
    Web:ATDHE.net and JUSTIN.tv

Latest updates:
Bobby Butler was named AHL ASG MVP. Jesse Winchester missed Tuesday's game for personal reasons.

NOTE THE START TIME!

TSN's Ice Chips:

Ottawa
    Detroit

Ottawa Senators Key Injuries:

Jarkko Ruutu (lower body) on injured reserve
    Jason Spezza (shoulder) our indefinitely (although there were rumours he might be ready)
    Pascal Leclaire (body – inner, outer, you name it) out until he’s not

Detroit Red Wings Key Injuries:

Chris Osgood (sports hernia)
    Mike Modano (wrist)
    Brad Stuart (jaw)
    Tomas Holmstrom (hand)

Game Day Previews:

NHL.com
    ESPN

Media Links:

SensTV On-line
    Official Twitter of the Ottawa Senators

Spread the word!

Follow GMHockey on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gmhockey

GO SENS GO!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I take back what I said in the other thread (well, not take back, but this answers my question).

Nice use of the scrolling text.

I heard Spezza is looking at Saturday to return and ruin out chances of a top-three draft pick.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I take back what I said in the other thread (well, not take back, but this answers my question).

Nice use of the scrolling text.

I heard Spezza is looking at Saturday to return and ruin out chances of a top-three draft pick.

About Winchester?

Never mind. I read your post.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of Winchester, what's the deal? Is he still out tonight?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Speaking of Winchester, what's the deal? Is he still out tonight?

I haven't heard but I suspect he'll be given as much time as he needs since they want to call up the prospects now anyway.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can Regin be sent down to Bingo or would he have to clear waivers? He made a Spezza circa 2008 play last night that had me pulling my hair out. Kid needs to get back to basics and refocus. This season is a mulligan. Might as well go help out the farm team. Unfortunately something tells me he'd have to clear (and he probably would).

Are there any D-men we could send down there? The team is struggling to get a playoff spot (are they barely in or barely out?) and Lehner is facing 40+ shots -- would Lee be an improvement over someone else down there? Chances are they don't have a wealth of right-hand-shot defensemen.

Check: they have 2 -- Gryba and Schira. Lee would round them out nicely.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They're "showcasing" Lee though. Sarcasm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Honestly though isn't there a point in the season where waivers are no longer an issue after the trade deadline I believe? Couldn't we send Regin down then and not risk him being picked up or does it only work in the other direction in terms of expanding the NHL roster and calling up as many players as you want within cap limits?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:They're "showcasing" Lee though. Sarcasm

Too late for that. Lee has been using his size a lot more, lately. I'd keep him. You never have enough NHL-capable D-men, and he's not going to command a high salary next season, and he shoots right.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The waiver period goes from twelve days prior to the start of the regular season, until the last day after the end of the team's season.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:The waiver period goes from twelve days prior to the start of the regular season, until the last day after the end of the team's season.

Regular season you mean right? Because they called up Cheechoo for the playoffs last year without worrying about him being picked up on re-call waivers.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don Brennan is saying Lehner "deserves" another start and Clouston, very politically correct, has said it's a possibility.

Really? Lehner deserves to be shelled by one of the top teams in the league? He deserves to be yanked early in this one because the Sens will look like a peewee girls team up against an NHL team?

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2011/02/01/17119466.html

Puking2

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

We want to keep the tank bus moving not throw Lehner under it as we go.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Speaking of Winchester Leclaire, what's the deal? Is he still out tonight dead?

fixed.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Can Regin be sent down to Bingo or would he have to clear waivers? He made a Spezza circa 2008 play last night that had me pulling my hair out. Kid needs to get back to basics and refocus. This season is a mulligan. Might as well go help out the farm team. Unfortunately something tells me he'd have to clear (and he probably would).

Are there any D-men we could send down there? The team is struggling to get a playoff spot (are they barely in or barely out?) and Lehner is facing 40+ shots -- would Lee be an improvement over someone else down there? Chances are they don't have a wealth of right-hand-shot defensemen.

Check: they have 2 -- Gryba and Schira. Lee would round them out nicely.

he needs to go back to #43

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum