GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Detroit Red Wings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - WED. Feb. 2, 2011

+20
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
spader
garblar
Bramlet07
asq2
sandysensfan
SDH89
tim1_2
SensHulk
Flo The Action
PTFlea
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
shabbs
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 14]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Franzen is so inconsistent, it hurts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=352265

0.48 GPG since 08/09 is good for 8th best in the league during the regular season.

0.61 GPG since 08/09 is good for 4th best in the league during the playoffs.

Again, my kingdom for his type of inconsistency.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:

0.48 GPG since 08/09 is good for 8th best in the league during the regular season.

Again, my kingdom for his type of inconsistency.

I changed it to streaky, which he is.

In the playoffs he also had one of those huge 4 or 5 goal games.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Is there a worse player than Kuba in the league right now? I'd give Fisher for free if anyone wants to take him.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
spader wrote:

Again, my kingdom for his type of inconsistency streakiness.

I changed it to streaky, which he is.

In the playoffs he also had one of those huge 4 or 5 goal games.

fixed!

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

LethalLehner wrote:We want to keep the tank bus moving not throw Lehner under it as we go.

Precisely. Goalie prospects need to be protected; not set up to fail.

Nice call LethalLehner.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:The Sens suck arse and Lehner won't last a period so why bother putting him in for 10 minutes of work. It'll do nothing good and possibly some bad for his development IMO.

Speaking of nice calls; we have a winner.

The Captain is learning. Haha, I had to say that.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SensGirl11 wrote:[1]I'm very very happy with the way Lehner played last night, some serious highlight reel saves, very fun to watch.

[2]Having said that, I'm not sure i'm comfortable with putting him in against Detroit,

[3]but at the same time, he knows the situation we're in right now and he's very strong mentally. Playing him tonight could be the right thing to do for his development. Elliott stinks, Leclaire is injured, Lehner played awesome last night. Why not give him some more starts? Who says he'll get shelled? What if he does? He needs to continue to develop and get stronger mentally for the NHL. He's tough enough to handle whatever we throw at him, he wants to be here badly, through good times & bad so put him back in there.

[1]He sure is a treat to watch. GMHockey poster Dash, actually has posted amazing video of Lehner on Youtube that I watch quite often, as well as others. His is a remarkable goalie for his age.

[2]I wish you would have stopped there. But you didn't...

[3]No offense, but I almost disagree with every thought process here.

Sure, he knows what is going on with Ottawa right now and sure he seems strong mentally, but we have no way of knowing that right now. A goalies mind is a fragile thing and Lehner has had way too many things to deal with this season; way too many. At that age, politics shouldn't even matter the goalies, just play the game; one focus, one goal.

Elliott doesn't stink; Ottawa does right now. Elliott has had way too much on his plate as well. He has had to be a number one goalie far before he was ready and now he may never become one. I am not saying he could have been; but his chances just went spiralling down in a hurry.

You are absolutely right, Your quote, "He (Lehner) needs to continue to develop and get stronger mentally for the NHL." Guess what? You don't do that by playing in the NHL, let alone, against the Detroit Red Wings. You do that in Junior or the minors, or, or, or etc etc; anywhere but the NHL as a 19-year old goalie that has already had a rough season.

Another classic from you, "He's (Lehner) tough enough to handle whatever we throw at him". Lehner is superman and superhuman.

I digress. I have to, I am getting angry, so I will stop there.

This is just my opinion and I may be wrong; I hope I am.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:Ruutu + Winchester in, Greening + 1 D-man out. Good to see Greening getting a good shot.

I see what you did there; and I just shake my head as well at some most of the decisions being made with Sens prospects and callups.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No, Elliott in fact does STINK. There's a reason his nickname is Smelliott.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:No, Elliott in fact does STINK. There's a reason his nickname is Smelliott.

Haha. I disagree, sort of.

He was put in a position to fail. Too much, too soon, with too little IMO.

CockRoche wrote:
Big Ev wrote:No, Elliott in fact does STINK. There's a reason his nickname is Smelliott.

He was practically the starter for most of last year too. This isn't inexperience. Instead of Elliott being in a position to fail, the whole team was put in that position by virtue of the fact that team consists of several faulty parts. This certainly isn't all on Elliott as our defense is sieve-like and our offense is something to snicker at.

I think a case could be made for Elliott's play putting the team in a position to fail, just as much as your position.

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
CockRoche wrote:

He was practically the starter for most of last year too. This isn't inexperience. Instead of Elliott being in a position to fail, the whole team was put in that position by virtue of the fact that team consists of several faulty parts. This certainly isn't all on Elliott as our defense is sieve-like and our offense is something to snicker at.

I think a case could be made for Elliott's play putting the team in a position to fail, just as much as your position.

Elliott wasn't ready for the situation Ottawa (and Leclaire) put him in.

You are seeing the results of this IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum