GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY:Detroit Red Wings @ Ottawa Senators - 7:00pm ET - WED. Feb. 2, 2011

+20
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
spader
garblar
Bramlet07
asq2
sandysensfan
SDH89
tim1_2
SensHulk
Flo The Action
PTFlea
SensGirl11
Number Twenty Nine
LethalLehner
shabbs
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

LethalLehner

Sophomore
Sophomore

We want to keep the tank bus moving not throw Lehner under it as we go.

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

Speaking of Winchester Leclaire, what's the deal? Is he still out tonight dead?

fixed.

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Can Regin be sent down to Bingo or would he have to clear waivers? He made a Spezza circa 2008 play last night that had me pulling my hair out. Kid needs to get back to basics and refocus. This season is a mulligan. Might as well go help out the farm team. Unfortunately something tells me he'd have to clear (and he probably would).

Are there any D-men we could send down there? The team is struggling to get a playoff spot (are they barely in or barely out?) and Lehner is facing 40+ shots -- would Lee be an improvement over someone else down there? Chances are they don't have a wealth of right-hand-shot defensemen.

Check: they have 2 -- Gryba and Schira. Lee would round them out nicely.

he needs to go back to #43

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:They're "showcasing" Lee though. Sarcasm

Too late for that. Lee has been using his size a lot more, lately. I'd keep him. You never have enough NHL-capable D-men, and he's not going to command a high salary next season, and he shoots right.

sometimes it seems teams use waivers to bring a guy back down to earth. Worked pretty well for Byfuglien a few years back, didn't it.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I'm very very happy with the way Lehner played last night, some serious highlight reel saves, very fun to watch. That's about all that was happening in that game last night. He's the only one that kept me awake through that snooze-fest.

Having said that, I'm not sure i'm comfortable with putting him in against Detroit, but at the same time, he knows the situation we're in right now and he's very strong mentally. Playing him tonight could be the right thing to do for his development. Elliott stinks, Leclaire is injured, Lehner played awesome last night. Why not give him some more starts? Who says he'll get shelled? What if he does? He needs to continue to develop and get stronger mentally for the NHL. He's tough enough to handle whatever we throw at him, he wants to be here badly, through good times & bad so put him back in there.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Don Brennan is saying Lehner he "deserves" another start and Clouston, very politically correct, has said it's a possibility dozen Krispy Kremes.

fixed.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:I'm very very happy with the way Lehner played last night, some serious highlight reel saves, very fun to watch. That's about all that was happening in that game last night. He's the only one that kept me awake through that snooze-fest.

Having said that, I'm not sure i'm comfortable with putting him in against Detroit, but at the same time, he knows the situation we're in right now and he's very strong mentally. Playing him tonight could be the right thing to do for his development. Elliott stinks, Leclaire is injured, Lehner played awesome last night. Why not give him some more starts? Who says he'll get shelled? What if he does? He needs to continue to develop and get stronger mentally for the NHL. He's tough enough to handle whatever we throw at him, he wants to be here badly, through good times & bad so put him back in there.

The Sens suck arse and Lehner won't last a period so why bother putting him in for 10 minutes of work. It'll do nothing good and possibly some bad for his development IMO.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:I'm very very happy with the way Lehner played last night, some serious highlight reel saves, very fun to watch. That's about all that was happening in that game last night. He's the only one that kept me awake through that snooze-fest.

The Sens suck arse and Lehner won't last a period so why bother putting him in for 10 minutes of work. It'll do nothing good and possibly some bad for his development IMO.

Why do you say that though? I know we suck but who's to say he'll get pulled? Do you have no faith in him at all?

THe kid's 19 years old, he needs to go through the motions, he's not going to be perfect. I'd like him to play and learn more from his mistakes and get better where he's already awesome. He's probably one of the only Sens that actually wants to play right now, so play him.

The guys have to support him and show that they still care about this team. This is a good time to start plucking guys out of the lineup that don't want to support their teammates and team. The guys were brutal last night and thanks to Lehner the score was only 2-1 by the end of it. Had it been Elliott in there it would've been 3-0 after the 1st, just because of the fact that he has zero faith in himself right now and the guys don't either.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Why do you say that though? I know we suck but who's to say he'll get pulled? Do you have no faith in him at all?

THe kid's 19 years old, he needs to go through the motions, he's not going to be perfect. I'd like him to play and learn more from his mistakes and get better where he's already awesome. He's probably one of the only Sens that actually wants to play right now, so play him.

The guys have to support him and show that they still care about this team. This is a good time to start plucking guys out of the lineup that don't want to support their teammates and team. The guys were brutal last night and thanks to Lehner the score was only 2-1 by the end of it. Had it been Elliott in there it would've been 3-0 after the 1st, just because of the fact that he has zero faith in himself right now and the guys don't either.

Maybe it's because the caliber of talent we'll be facing is far ahead of what the Sens are putting forward. Remember the masacre when we played the Flyers? I see a similar final score. Sure Lehner could stand on his head and prove me wrong I just think it's far more likely that he gets scored on early and often and they don't even have to be ones that are his fault.

Leave Lehner on the bench and let him play the Islanders again this Saturday.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SensGirl11 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

I can understand the protection thing with him of course, I just think he's stronger mentally than we might think. He can handle this. The guys are showing zero support to any of our goalies which is very concerning. Do they all suck that badly really?! Apparently. I dont' want to see Lehner get shelled, but at the same time I know he can handle it if he does. He's very tough.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think I might talk to my account manager about scoring some nice seats for tonight since the building will likely be half empty tonight. Maybe he'll finally let us sit in the corporate box with him?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Sens and Wings are both in Ottawa. The game will go on as scheduled.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Can Regin be sent down to Bingo or would he have to clear waivers? He made a Spezza circa 2008 play last night that had me pulling my hair out. Kid needs to get back to basics and refocus. This season is a mulligan. Might as well go help out the farm team. Unfortunately something tells me he'd have to clear (and he probably would).

Are there any D-men we could send down there? The team is struggling to get a playoff spot (are they barely in or barely out?) and Lehner is facing 40+ shots -- would Lee be an improvement over someone else down there? Chances are they don't have a wealth of right-hand-shot defensemen.

Check: they have 2 -- Gryba and Schira. Lee would round them out nicely.

He wouldn't clear. Wait until the summer and Regin will play for the Worlds and guaranteed bulk up his core. He needs to hone his skills, which are plentiful, but he also needs to get bigger.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bingo plays Norfolk on Friday -- Lehner is not going to stick around until Saturday (unless Spezza is back and they decide to give Lehner his first NHL win). If he plays tonight he'll still have a day off (albeit a traveling day) before the Norfolk game on Friday.

I think the decision should almost be his -- "Look, kid, you're probably going to get shelled, but if you want to have a go, you've certainly earned another start after last night."

Put that way, very little pressure (at least external pressure). I'd prefer him to be the backup, though, and chances are he'd still get some playing time.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lehner already has his first NHL win... and our only recent win... vs the Isles on Jan 13th... our only win in 2011.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's so unprobable that we win tonight that we probably will...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Confirmed: Lehner to start tonight.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Confirmed: Lehner to start tonight.

At least there'll be a bit of intrigue to the game. I don't expect miracles though. We might be able to hold them off for a period or two but the flood gates will surely open much like the Philly game IMO.

Confirmed: Tank Bus on course.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum