GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Ottawa @ Detroit: 7:30PM, TSN, TSN1200

+13
Number Twenty Nine
Hockeyhero22000
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
Ev
shabbs
Flo The Action
Hoags
tim1_2
wprager
NEELY
PTFlea
SensHulk
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That felt so Cussing good.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Statement game from our captain and team.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ryan's shot...ridiculous. Turris was outstanding tonight too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Everyone was outstanding! Nice night boys.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

What a game!

That was so fun to watch. I had a good sports night. First the football team that I'm coaching played the best game they've played all year, then the Sens utterly dominate the Wings.

Grant looked really good. He's in for Kassian going forward I'd assume. It didn't hurt that Zib looked good in his return. He created a lot and played some solid D.

Speaking of D, did anyone else notice that the D joined the play a ton and the Fs kept ending up playing D and doing a great job?

That 2nd line had a hell of a game. They created a ton of chances. Nice to see them rewarded on the scoreboard.

Ryan is sick.

Cowen seemed to have a really good game too. As did Grybs. That goal was a beaut and he outmuscled the Wings time after time.

Andy was solid.

Spezza better keep shooting, cause he looks awesome right now. That off-the-boards shot looked absolutely deliberate. The other shot was a bullet.

Man, I'm pumped right now. dance 

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

That 2nd Spezza goal was ridiculous.
Bobby Ryan is a monster of a player.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Will be interesting to hear the Name Dropper make excuses for his beloved Wings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Ryan's shot...ridiculous.  Turris was outstanding tonight too.
Turris was 20% on the draw. Spezza barely above 50%. Imagine how much easier things would be for them if they weren't chasing the puck after 2/3 of the face offs?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LeKing wrote:That 2nd Spezza goal was ridiculous.
Bobby Ryan is a monster of a player.
He walked right in after that rebound like a power forward or something. To be honest, though, the Wings D looked really, really weak and their forwards were not helping much. Is Kronwall back in the lineup because Ericksson was out?

That second Spezza goal, was wondering how it went in, then I checked what Gustavsson was doing: on the first pump he went down in the butterfly, then when Spezza held back he tried getting back up again, and that's when Spezza slapped it through him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Checking the summary stats for Canadian centers, Spezza is 6th in total scoring but just 1 off the pace if you separate Crosby from everyone else not named Crosby. And he's played one fewer game than every one else.

And if you look at goals, he's tied for the lead with Crosby and Marleau (and has a game in hand on both).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?season=20132014&gameType=2&team=&position=C&country=CAN&status=&viewName=summary

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Also, long behold the Sens keep their feet moving and start skating, no penalties for the most part. Amazing how that works, eh? A lot has to do with have those 3 days off the refresh their bodies and mind as well as sleeping in their own beds for an extended period of time.

Great game, again. Spezza is scoring some real big goals right now and last night played a fairly responsible game. Karlsson is starting to look like his old self. Michalek is useless and close to done.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Another thing... how bad is Weiss?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Obviously this was the best game the Sens have played this season so far. It's nice to see a glimpse of what is possible, versus watching them skate in quicksand the previous couple of weeks.

Pretty much everybody seemed to have a good game, with Matrix coming up big a couple times when we were up 3-1...could've been a different game if Detroit got back into it at that point.

Alfie must've been been pretty pissed after the game...I feel a little bad for him, his whole team didn't even show up to support him.

I hope there's no "emotional letdown" after this game...we really need to keep up this level of play with a tough stretch ahead.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lmao hfboards last night:

"Diddle Gryba"

"Gryba is so awful"

"ugggh Gryba"

then

"Wooo Gryba!!!"

"Gryyyyyba scooooresss!"

"I Love Gryba!"

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:lmao hfboards last night:

"Diddle Gryba"

"Gryba is so awful"

"ugggh Gryba"

then

"Wooo Gryba!!!"

"Gryyyyyba scooooresss!"

"I Love Gryba!"
I know... amazes me how people actually considered themselves knowledgeable hockey fans when stuff like that pops up. I get caught up in the game as much as anyone but seriously... Gryba has been getting better every game, he's really learning how to take the man and play the body hard at the NHL level, he's a shut down RH shot which Ottawa has basically none of. The guy can play and he's the PERFECT #6 D man right now. He does his job and does it well.

Anyone expecting Gryba to be an all-star or even a top 4 guy is reaching for something that's probably not there. This isn't to say he could be part of a very good shutdown pairing going forward with Cowen or Boroweicki but he's not going to be more than a 4, 5 goal guy who plays 15-18 mins a night. I like Gryba, always have and he's only going to get better.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ryan was also a beast again.

A guy that is getting no mention right now is MacArthur... he's playing well and really helping Turris and Ryan click. You hope the puck goes in for him soon because you know if he gets one he will get a bunch. He's been about all you can ask for.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, watching the games, MacArthur is a guy that always seems to stand out...it's a surprise he has as few points as he does, but that'll correct itself soon if he keeps it up.

Ryan has been as-billed. There were a couple times last night when I was wishing he would hustle a little quicker, but the man knows how to score. He reminds me of Heatley, and I mean that in the best possible context.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, watching the games, MacArthur is a guy that always seems to stand out...it's a surprise he has as few points as he does, but that'll correct itself soon if he keeps it up.  

Ryan has been as-billed.  There were a couple times last night when I was wishing he would hustle a little quicker, but the man knows how to score.  He reminds me of Heatley, and I mean that in the best possible context.
Ryan is a little better with and without the puck to be honest. I don't think he is the pure sniper Heatley used to be but he's a flat out better player. Just the way he plays the game in terms of him hustling a little more. He gets the job done though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum