GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joined "Generation-K" today

+9
LethalLehner
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Hoags
shabbs
Riprock
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

91Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is all of you: https://twitter.com/coffee_dad

92Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:59 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HA HA! Totally...

93Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:48 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffee....currently drinking my Folgers Black Silk K-cup. Not bad.

94Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:30 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I had my usual Great Canadian on the Tassimo from PC. I wonder if Costco will sell Timmie's?

95Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:47 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffee....currently drinking my Folgers Black Silk K-cup. Not bad.

I saw some of their K-Cups that felt very, very light. I checked, and they had put instant coffee in them. Facepalm

96Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:11 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffee....currently drinking my Folgers Black Silk K-cup. Not bad.

I saw some of their K-Cups that felt very, very light. I checked, and they had put instant coffee in them. Facepalm

Yes, some of them do have instant coffee...not the Black Silk though.

97Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:40 am

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

My parents just ended up getting one, and I've gotta say it's pretty convinient. Best part of the purchase is that I get a free coffeemaker out of it though, haha.

98Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Yes, some of them do have instant coffee...not the Black Silk though.

Oh, I realize not all do. I was just shocked that *any* of them did. I was trying to find out which ones had the most coffee by weight (Newman's Own had the most, at least in the limited selection at Sobey's) so I'm looking at all these boxes with 109g, 115g, 95g then I come across a Folgers with something like 50g or something equally ridiculous.

I find the idea of putting instant coffee in a K-Cup ridiculous. You can just put the instant coffee in your mug and run water through the Keurig, if you didn't have a means of boiling water otherwise. There is nothing to filter out.

Similar idea with teabags. Just stick it in your reusable holder and you're done.

By the way, has anyone figure out if you can make hot cocoa in the reusable ones?

99Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:47 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
I was trying to find out which ones had the most coffee by weight (Newman's Own had the most, at least in the limited selection at Sobey's) so I'm looking at all these boxes with 109g, 115g, 95g then I come across a Folgers with something like 50g or something equally ridiculous.

By the way, has anyone figure out if you can make hot cocoa in the reusable ones?

Ahhh Prags.

Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Funny-meme-oh-look-a-penny

100Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:05 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

StickmanDancing

101Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:18 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
I was trying to find out which ones had the most coffee by weight (Newman's Own had the most, at least in the limited selection at Sobey's) so I'm looking at all these boxes with 109g, 115g, 95g then I come across a Folgers with something like 50g or something equally ridiculous.

Ahhh Prags.

Enough with that picture, OK? I'm a quarter Jewish so I could take offense to that.

And, yes, I was looking at weight as *just one* of the parameters. I really enjoyed Newman's Own, and there were some that I really wasn't that crazy about -- thought they were weak. Guess what, Newman's had the most coffee by weight. There is *some* correlation. I don't like very dark roasts but I hate weak coffee even more. Guess I'm just a caffeine junkie.

102Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:48 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, of all places, Future Shop will have their K-Cups and T-Discs on sale for the Labor Day sale (starts online in 9 hours and a bit). Their regular prices are $13 for 18 K-cups, and a few are currently on sale $4 off (that's 50 cents/cup so I'll definitely be looking at getting some). Might be worth checking out.

103Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The $4 off ones are almost all flavoured coffees -- not for me. The only non-flavoured on sale currently is the Van Houtte House Blend de-caf -- 18 for $9. Also Tully's French Roast Decaf extra-bold is $10 for 18.

104Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:45 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

Ahhh Prags.

Enough with that picture, OK? I'm a quarter Jewish so I could take offense to that.

And, yes, I was looking at weight as *just one* of the parameters. I really enjoyed Newman's Own, and there were some that I really wasn't that crazy about -- thought they were weak. Guess what, Newman's had the most coffee by weight. There is *some* correlation. I don't like very dark roasts but I hate weak coffee even more. Guess I'm just a caffeine junkie.

Is that meant to be a joke?

105Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If you knew someone was Jewish, would you knowingly make that joke? Wll, now he knows.

I consider myself frugal, but I don't look at cost as the only parameter.

106Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:23 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:If you knew someone was Jewish, would you knowingly make that joke? Wll, now he knows.

If someone is being cheap and I call him cheap only to have him say, "I'm part Jewish and your comment is offensive," the only person being racist is the one that brought the stereotype into the discussion. Unless I'm missing something, the joke had nothing to do with Judaism until you brought it up.

107Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:43 pm

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:If you knew someone was Jewish, would you knowingly make that joke? Wll, now he knows.

If someone is being cheap and I call him cheap only to have him say, "I'm part Jewish and your comment is offensive," the only person being racist is the one that brought the stereotype into the discussion. Unless I'm missing something, the joke had nothing to do with Judaism until you brought it up.

Beat me to the punch. +1

108Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 7 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

Calling someone cheap is one thing. The stereotypical "Jew bending over to pick up a penny" goes a little further. I said I was "cheap" early on in the thread (semi-serious, since I like to think I'm frugal for good reasons), was there really a need for someone else to echo that statement? Anyhow, it was the third or fourth time the picture was brought up -- I had enough of it the second time and said so. What was the purpose, then, to bring it up a third time?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum