GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joined "Generation-K" today

+9
LethalLehner
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Hoags
shabbs
Riprock
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

76Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:50 am

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Them too, and maybe also Home Outfitters

77Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:34 am

LethalLehner

Sophomore
Sophomore

I received my Ekobrew in the mail early this week. I have used it a few times and I have had no issues with leaking or overflow. I am really enjoying it and it is nice to be able to use different coffees.

78Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:12 pm

The Silfer Server

Veteran
Veteran

Riprock wrote:I thought Bed Bath and Beyond sold them in store?
Riprock wrote:Shoppers Drug Mart might have them.
Riprock wrote:Maybe Tweed & Hickory?
Riprock wrote:Them too, and maybe also Home Outfitters

I will try all those! Thanks for the suggestions.

79Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LethalLehner wrote:I received my Ekobrew in the mail early this week. I have used it a few times and I have had no issues with leaking or overflow. I am really enjoying it and it is nice to be able to use different coffees.

Is the top lie two-tone? Does it have a middle insert that is a different color than the body?

P.S. I'm still waiting for my replacement. Any day now.

80Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:42 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
LethalLehner wrote:I received my Ekobrew in the mail early this week. I have used it a few times and I have had no issues with leaking or overflow. I am really enjoying it and it is nice to be able to use different coffees.

Is the top lie two-tone? Does it have a middle insert that is a different color than the body?

P.S. I'm still waiting for my replacement. Any day now.

It is all one colour except for the silicone ring which is a rusty orange colour.

81Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:23 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You may have one of the older ones. They are not all going to leak as it is a function of how tight the lid closes (is there any up-and-down play after it clicks shut) -- and this may be affected by use, how much water you run through it, how much coffee you have in it, how coarse your coffee is.

Anyhow, if it leaks, you can contact them and get a replacement.

82Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:35 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I put 3 level tablespoons in it and it brews fine. The top on the second one that I have does have more play in it that the other one but it seems to work fine with water. I will have to check it with coffee.

Did you get your replacement yet? They are a great invention.

83Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:36 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LethalLehner wrote:I put 3 level tablespoons in it and it brews fine. The top on the second one that I have does have more play in it that the other one but it seems to work fine with water. I will have to check it with coffee.

Did you get your replacement yet? They are a great invention.

Not yet. Although I think I may have missed checking the mail box Friday.

Costco (the one in Kanata) now has three choices for K-cups. Timothy's and A.L. VanHoutte at $40 for 80 (not mixed, just either some morning or house blend) and now the Starbucks Verona, at $37 for 52 or 54 K-cups. Comes out to around 70 cents per cup, which is cheap for Starbucks (when everyone else charges $9.50 for a box of 12, their box is $11 and there's only 10 cups in it).

I still have not tried out FarmBoy, but someone from work said their prices aren't any better than Tweed and Hickory.

84Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:48 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

The Tweed and Hickory store use to have a much better selection last year. You can order them online from their website and the selection is better. I was considering placing an order at the Keurig online store since I am a fan of the Coffee People varieties.

85Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:30 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

May want to check out Beyond The Rack for prices on K-cups etc...

http://www.beyondtherack.com/event/showcase/28055?category=

They usually have some pretty crazy deals going on for various items.

86Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LethalLehner wrote:The Tweed and Hickory store use to have a much better selection last year. You can order them online from their website and the selection is better. I was considering placing an order at the Keurig online store since I am a fan of the Coffee People varieties.

There is a new Tweed and Hickory in the Signature center (where the BlockBuster used to be). I went there just a week ago. Very good selection (IMO). And the prices were not bad -- I got to pick 24 for $16. That's a bit off their regular price.

Can't beat Costco, though. $40 for 80 of VanHoutte or Timothy's. Of course the you don't have selection.

87Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:May want to check out Beyond The Rack for prices on K-cups etc...

http://www.beyondtherack.com/event/showcase/28055?category=

They usually have some pretty crazy deals going on for various items.

Hello! Their main page is certainly eye-catching. I guess sex sells everything, including coffee.

But their prices aren't that great. If you're buying 160 K-Cups I'd expect the price to be like Costco's. The Starbucks is $150 for 160, which is 93 cents per -- Costco is $38 for 54, which is 70 cents. Of course at Costco you only have Verona.

88Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Beggars can't be choosers... Wink

89Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:10 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Beggars can't be choosers... Wink

Not a beggar, just cheap.

90Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Tim Hortons soon to be available via Tassimo...

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/about/tim-hortons-and-tassimo.html

TASSIMO FTW!!!

91Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is all of you: https://twitter.com/coffee_dad

92Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HA HA! Totally...

93Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 6 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:48 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Coffeecoffeecoffeecoffee....currently drinking my Folgers Black Silk K-cup. Not bad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum