GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neither Spezza nor Leclaire on ice today

+2
Riprock
shabbs
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Neither Spezza nor Leclaire on ice today Empty Neither Spezza nor Leclaire on ice today Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:16 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

As per TSNWally...

http://twitter.com/TSNwally

Spezza I can see... but Leclaire? Hmmm...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Lines at practice today...

Kovalev-Fisher-Alfredsson;
Foligno-Regin-Neil;
Ruutu-Kelly-Donovan;
Shannon-Cheechoo.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Leclaire looked exhausted last night and possibly even tweaked something after stretching out to make a save... they showed him hunched over, take it for what it's worth.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Not skating at practice today: Leclaire, Kuba, Michalek, Spezza, Winchester.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:As per TSNWally...

http://twitter.com/TSNwally

Spezza I can see... but Leclaire? Hmmm...

Not surprising either way. We were all speculating that Elliott would likely get a game. Also Leclaire deserves a little time off, same as Spezza.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kuba not skating? Then he's not playing. He needs 2-3 days of full practices with the team. Wow, that groin/hip is sure taking a long, long time.

Non issue. They had a tough game last night and those two were the best players on the ice for The Sens. They deserved the dya off.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What's your thoughts on Kuba not skating, Neely?

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

You can't possibly knock Spezza's third period, but his first two- aside from Picard, he was the worst on the ice. He must have turned the puck over with ridiculous passes at least 10 times in the first two periods. He's trying to do way too much, and needs to make better use of his shot.

What a goal by Foligno though- man I love that kid.

Jordo wrote:You can't possibly knock Spezza's third period, but his first two- aside from Picard, he was the worst on the ice. He must have turned the puck over with ridiculous passes at least 10 times in the first two periods. He's trying to do way too much, and needs to make better use of his shot.

I thought SPezza was really solid in the first 2 periods. BAck checked, made a couple beauty plays in his own zone, def guilty of trying to do too much though.

wprager wrote:What's your thoughts on Kuba not skating, Neely?

He's Diddled right now, not much else you can say. He was put on LTR so thats not good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jordo wrote:You can't possibly knock Spezza's third period, but his first two- aside from Picard, he was the worst on the ice. He must have turned the puck over with ridiculous passes at least 10 times in the first two periods. He's trying to do way too much, and needs to make better use of his shot.

I don't think I recall a single turnover by Spezza. Checking the summary and logs, he had 2 giveaways. The first one was 18:05 in the first, on a PP. The second one was 15:52 of the 2nd. Both were in the offensive zone.

For a playmaking center who handles the puck as much as Pezza, 2 giveaways in the game is in line with expectations. Crosby and Malkin are leading the league with 11 and 9, respectively. Backstrom, Lecavalier and Marleau all have 8. Spezza is at 6 (I think those numbers exclude last night's results).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:
wprager wrote:What's your thoughts on Kuba not skating, Neely?

He's Diddled right now, not much else you can say. He was put on LTR so thats not good.

What? Where did you read that? All my links for injury reports still say D2D and questionable or doubtful for Saturday. LTIR means 10 games and 20 days, does it not? He's missed 7, so that means he'll miss at least another 3.

Oh, Spezza turned the puck over in the first two periods for sure. I remember to pretty bad ones but they were in the offensive zone, not so bad. Def turned it over though.

He played really well though.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Murray said in an interview that he wished he had placed Kuba on LTIR. I don't know if he actually did it or not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum