GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joined "Generation-K" today

+9
LethalLehner
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Hoags
shabbs
Riprock
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

61Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:09 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:TASSIMO FTW!!!!!!

Calm down, old man.

LethalLehner wrote:On one of the reviews they mentioned that the manual discusses some issues if the coffee is ground too finely. It can clog up the mesh and cause the EkoBrew to leak and overflow. I am not sure if that is your issue though. Just a thought.

My first cup, maybe -- it was an espresso. The second one was regular. In that video the guy shows how the lid won't close properly; that could be an O-ring problem. Mine closes fine, however if I put in too much maybe when the water gets in and the grinds soak it up it will push the lid up. I'll have to play with it.

Just came from WalMart. They had a box of 48 K-cups (a mix of Timothy's and A.L. VanHoutte, flavoured and regular) -- all for $10. I figured even if I end up throwing the flavoured ones out that's still 24 regular K-cups for $10. Just had one of the flavoured ones -- raspberry something or other, and it was only a quarter bad. My wife says she actually likes some flavoured ones once in a while, and my oldest (who doesn't really drink coffee) will have some once in a while. All in all, a good haul. I also heard that Farm Boy sells some K-cups at decent prices; I'll have to check them out.

62Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:15 pm

LethalLehner

Sophomore
Sophomore

I have been told that the Farm Boy near me now offers a mix & match for k-cups. I am not sure of the selection or the cost but it might be something to check out if you like a variety.

63Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:41 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Damn, I tried it a third time with the EkoBrew. Made sure I didn't over-fill it. Still leaked.

64Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:50 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:Damn, I tried it a third time with the EkoBrew. Made sure I didn't over-fill it. Still leaked.

That sucks. I hear that the company has great customer service so you might want to give them a call or fire off an email. Maybe they will send you a replacement.

65Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LethalLehner wrote:
wprager wrote:Damn, I tried it a third time with the EkoBrew. Made sure I didn't over-fill it. Still leaked.

That sucks. I hear that the company has great customer service so you might want to give them a call or fire off an email. Maybe they will send you a replacement.

Sent them an e-mail. There is a newer model available (saw a youtube clip of a guy who is on his second replacement set, and this one is a darker brown, with a green inset in the lid, seems sturdier). But in Canada I can only find them online (I think Home Outfitters has them but at double what I paid), and it's impossible to tell if it's the older or newer one. Anyhow, since I didn't buy it from them I don't expect a freebie, but maybe if I have a mode number for the new one I could ask the online seller.

There is also another product (saw on eBay when I searched for EkoBrew leak) -- this is like a plastic washer/spacer which, I assume, acts to close the gap between the EkoBrew lid and the part of the coffee maker that comes down on top; so in the end pressure is applied to the lid, keeping it down. I suppose I could try something similar myself (just cut out a thin plastic washer to put on top of the EkoCup. The advantage of the one on eBay is that it will sit inside the machine itself and you don't have to worry about placing it on top every time.

66Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:45 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Interesting. I am hoping the one that I bought from eBay works.

67Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just cut out a circle from a styromousse container (not a very thick one), cut out a hole in the middle and taped it to the top of my EkoCup -- just a prototype Smile It worked. No leaks. So that washer thing I saw on eBay will probably work very well. I'll wait to hear back from EkoBrew -- you never know, maybe they'll feel generous -- and if I don't get any help from them I'll just buy those washers.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/STOP-LEAKS-GUARANTEED-reuseable-K-Cups-Ekobrew-Solofil-EZ-Cup-Keurig-/170830722446?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c64df58e

$3.46 + $1.95 shipping gets you two (not sure why, since you only need one for the machine).

68Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

LethalLehner wrote:

By the way, they replied and said they would send me a replacement. Even though I was up-front and said I purchased it on-line from Canada. Good PR.

69Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:37 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
LethalLehner wrote:

By the way, they replied and said they would send me a replacement. Even though I was up-front and said I purchased it on-line from Canada. Good PR.

Wow. That is pretty good.

70Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I wanted two, though. I bought the first one to find out if it worked as needed. If the replacement works I would want to get a second one, but with online being the only place to get them here I have no way of checking to make sure it's the newer version.

Anyhow, I've got plenty of relatives/in-laws in the US. Won't be a problem.

71Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:15 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:I wanted two, though. I bought the first one to find out if it worked as needed. If the replacement works I would want to get a second one, but with online being the only place to get them here I have no way of checking to make sure it's the newer version.

Anyhow, I've got plenty of relatives/in-laws in the US. Won't be a problem.

I am hoping to get mine this week. If they work I will let you know which eBay seller I bought them from, if you are interested.

72Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:15 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I joined Generation-Nes today (Nespresso). Loving it so far (after one use). Main problem I see though is in Ottawa, in order to get the capsules, my only option is to order them online.

73Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:17 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I thought Bed Bath and Beyond sold them in store?

74Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:23 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Silfer Server wrote:I joined Generation-Nes today (Nespresso). Loving it so far (after one use). Main problem I see though is in Ottawa, in order to get the capsules, my only option is to order them online.

Shoppers Drug Mart might have them.

75Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Silfer Server wrote:I joined Generation-Nes today (Nespresso). Loving it so far (after one use). Main problem I see though is in Ottawa, in order to get the capsules, my only option is to order them online.

Maybe Tweed & Hickory?

76Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:50 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Them too, and maybe also Home Outfitters

77Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:34 am

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I received my Ekobrew in the mail early this week. I have used it a few times and I have had no issues with leaking or overflow. I am really enjoying it and it is nice to be able to use different coffees.

78Joined "Generation-K" today - Page 5 Empty Re: Joined "Generation-K" today Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:12 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Riprock wrote:I thought Bed Bath and Beyond sold them in store?
Riprock wrote:Shoppers Drug Mart might have them.
Riprock wrote:Maybe Tweed & Hickory?
Riprock wrote:Them too, and maybe also Home Outfitters

I will try all those! Thanks for the suggestions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum