GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets, Monday, Mar. 26, 2012, 8:30PM EST

+16
Ev
sens4win
Riprock
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
spader
SensGirl11
dennycrane
Jordo
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
tim1_2
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:I was on the edge of my seat the entire game, it felt like a "last goal wins" game. Winnipeg would just not give up.

When Winnipeg tied it up for the last time it just looked like Karlsson and The Alfie were thinking "Diddle this Dung" and just went out and got that goal just because they wanted it.

Especially Alfie though, he was enormous in that game. A legendary performance IMO.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:I was on the edge of my seat the entire game, it felt like a "last goal wins" game. Winnipeg would just not give up.

When Winnipeg tied it up for the last time it just looked like Karlsson and The Alfie were thinking "Diddle this Dung" and just went out and got that goal just because they wanted it.

Especially Alfie though, he was enormous in that game. A legendary performance IMO.

No doubt. If he played for the Wings he'd be in the Hall of Fame already without even retiring. Fact.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

No doubt. If he played for the Wings he'd be in the Hall of Fame already without even retiring. Fact.

Cause he'd have a Cup, so yeah, he would.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Cause he'd have a Cup, so yeah, he would.

Theoretically he would have. Depends on who wouldn't be there because they had Alfie instead. Detroit doesn't have to win the Cup or even make it out of the first round to be the best team year after year though so he wouldn't need a Cup that bad.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Obvious love for Spezza, Alfie and Karlsson last night.

But let's hear it for Daugavins, Gonchar, and can't believe I'm saying this, but Carkner as well! Solid game by all 3.

I love Anderson and the saves he makes but I can't stand the moronic behind the net goals he allows. Someone was talking about how spezza helped score an amazing goal, seemingly crushing Jets' spirit and the crowd taken out of it after mocking spezza.....and then anderson allows that monstrosity 20 seconds later to let them back in. I'm grateful for his 3rd period but geezus stop handing goals to the other team. This will cost us if we can make it to the playoffs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

I was literally dancing in the third period. Wringing my hands, doing the jig. I don't need too many tense games like that please - games that also could have put a huge wrench in our season had we lost. Ohnoes!

Yep. In a way, these games are almost more nerve-wracking than playoff games...because you want to make the playoffs sooooooooooo badly.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
I love Anderson and the saves he makes but I can't stand the moronic behind the net goals he allows. Someone was talking about how spezza helped score an amazing goal, seemingly crushing Jets' spirit and the crowd taken out of it after mocking spezza.....and then anderson allows that monstrosity 20 seconds later to let them back in. I'm grateful for his 3rd period but geezus stop handing goals to the other team. This will cost us if we can make it to the playoffs.

Alright, let's not overreact. To be fair to Matrix , did it not look to you like the puck just hopped over his stick? It seemed like more of a fluke than a horrendous play by him. And he's just coming back from a major hand injury, so that likely factors into his confidence in coming out of his net to play the puck.

Yeah, he needs to be a little sharper overall (there were some bad rebounds, and a couple miscues with handling the puck), but let's not forget that this guy got us to where we are. And, as you mentioned, he shut the door when it mattered most.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I was literally dancing in the third period. Wringing my hands, doing the jig. I don't need too many tense games like that please - games that also could have put a huge wrench in our season had we lost. Ohnoes!

Yep. In a way, these games are almost more nerve-wracking than playoff games...because you want to make the playoffs sooooooooooo badly.

So bad. Man, I wanted that game last night so bad - and I kept having flashes of the disappointment of what could have easily been a Jets victory and how this team - and all of us - would be in a bad way this morning.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:Obvious love for Spezza, Alfie and Karlsson last night.

But let's hear it for Daugavins, Gonchar, and can't believe I'm saying this, but Carkner as well! Solid game by all 3.

Yeah, last night we wondered why MacLean ever scratched Daugavins. The kid will have ups and downs, he's a rookie - but when he's in the lineup, this team is better than when Konopka is in the lineup. I can't imagine many would dispute that.

Maybe it was all MacLean's plan to make Daug realize that he had to maintain a high level of hunger and competitiveness to say in the lineup - but whatever, he's back in the lineup now, I certainly wouldn't take him out, even with Winchester due to come back this weekend apparently.

Carkner was very solid in his 9 minutes. 4 shots I think, a hard-hitting presence and he had a tete-a-tete with a couple of the Jets' nerds after one of several first period hits that were slightly questionable and I think they got the message. I wouldn't bring Gilroy back into the lineup unless there's an injury personally, I hope he's played his last game as a Sen.

And yes, Anderson was driving me crazy last night. When he gave up that goal to make it 3-3, it was on him, he needed to be spectacular the rest of the way - which he was for the most part. But man, learn how to play the puck or don't do it right now. Bad news...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:Obvious love for Spezza, Alfie and Karlsson last night.

Yeah, last night we wondered why MacLean ever scratched Daugavins. The kid will have ups and downs, he's a rookie - but when he's in the lineup, this team is better than when Konopka is in the lineup. I can't imagine many would dispute that.

Maybe it was all MacLean's plan to make Daug realize that he had to maintain a high level of hunger and competitiveness to say in the lineup - but whatever, he's back in the lineup now, I certainly wouldn't take him out, even with Winchester due to come back this weekend apparently.

Carkner was very solid in his 9 minutes. 4 shots I think, a hard-hitting presence and he had a tete-a-tete with a couple of the Jets' nerds after one of several first period hits that were slightly questionable and I think they got the message. I wouldn't bring Gilroy back into the lineup unless there's an injury personally, I hope he's played his last game as a Sen.

And yes, Anderson was driving me crazy last night. When he gave up that goal to make it 3-3, it was on him, he needed to be spectacular the rest of the way - which he was for the most part. But man, learn how to play the puck or don't do it right now. Bad news...
unfotunetly i think winni's time with the team is done. i doubt they offer him another contract.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
unfotunetly i think winni's time with the team is done. i doubt they offer him another contract.

Probably...

Forwards:

1.Spezza
2.Alfredsson
3.Michalek
4.Turris
5.Greening
6.Z.Smith
7.Condra
8.Neil

Question Marks:

9.Foligno
10.Regin
11.Daugavins
12.O'Brien
13.Klinkhammer
14.Winchester

Likely to make the team:

15.Silfverberg
16.Zibanejad

Gonzo:
Butler
Konopka

So...to make room for Silf and Z, we need to make 3 spaces (13 forwards I assume). Some tough decisions coming for some of the guys we really like in the bottom 6 and Regin.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I say Butler, Konopka, Regin, Daugavins, O'Brien, Klinkhammer, and Winchester will all be gone

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

The playoffs will go a long way to decide which of the question marks will stay, someone may put in a "Peter Regin" performance in the first round.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Alright, let's not overreact. To be fair to Matrix , did it not look to you like the puck just hopped over his stick? It seemed like more of a fluke than a horrendous play by him. And he's just coming back from a major hand injury, so that likely factors into his confidence in coming out of his net to play the puck.

Yeah, he needs to be a little sharper overall (there were some bad rebounds, and a couple miscues with handling the puck), but let's not forget that this guy got us to where we are. And, as you mentioned, he shut the door when it mattered most.

Yeah he still came through yesterday and he is most definitely our number one guy but he still gets caught out of position way too much. I cringe whenever he gets out of the net to go behind. There's a time to do that and I just feel its a gamble each time he does it when the opposing players are around.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:I say Butler, Konopka, Regin, Daugavins, O'Brien, Klinkhammer, and Winchester will all be gone

Uh...who are we replacing all of them with?

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Don't forget if this team does well the rest of the year and even the playoffs (maybe even wins a round), Murray will not change the lineup too much and break up the chemistry we've had all year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Likely to make the team:

15.Silfverberg
16.Zibanejad

So...to make room for Silf and Z, we need to make 3 spaces (13 forwards I assume). Some tough decisions coming for some of the guys we really like in the bottom 6 and Regin.

Don't forget to make room for Parise!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Likely to make the team:

15.Silfverberg
16.Zibanejad

Don't forget to make room for Parise!

I've come to terms that he's not coming here IMO. I wish he would, but I think he signs with some American team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum