GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets, Monday, Mar. 26, 2012, 8:30PM EST

+16
Ev
sens4win
Riprock
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
spader
SensGirl11
dennycrane
Jordo
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
tim1_2
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

on D i think we at least part with 2 of carkner, gilroy and kuba. there's some holes in there.
which opens up the question don't we need ryan suter more then parise?(sure we'd want both)

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:the chemistry in the room will not be diminished by the departures of Butler, Konopka, Regin, Daugavins, Klinkhammer, and Winchester. It's a business. Professional athletes realize there's lots of turnover. It won't hurt them.
I don't understand why we'd part with daugavins? i think he's good on the PK and can score and from what i gather brings energy on and off the ice. that's not someone that you want to part with if you can keep him for as cheap as he'll be. you could safely argue for every other player sure.
so in your scenario Butler gets traded or waived? I dunno. I think he gets another season (and off season) to prove he belongs.(then maybe he gets traded)

Why does any team part with any player? Why are there free agents in the off-season? People get rid of players all the time. It's a business. I'm not arguing that he should be gotten rid of, I'm just saying he won't be retained (my prediction). He's been in and out of the lineup. I don't mind keeping him, I just think they won't.

If you wanna make room for your legit prospects, you will have to get rid of guys like Daugavins. The team won't be hurt because they won't get their laughs any more.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

suter karlsson cowen gonchar as a top 4
with phillips and boro on the bottom
(i'm not sure that even works with pairings)

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:on D i think we at least part with 2 of carkner, gilroy and kuba. there's some holes in there.
which opens up the question don't we need ryan suter more then parise?(sure we'd want both)

Not to worry because come July 1, Bryan Murray will be... ALL IN!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets, Monday, Mar. 26, 2012, 8:30PM EST - Page 9 All_in11

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:the chemistry in the room will not be diminished by the departures of Butler, Konopka, Regin, Daugavins, Klinkhammer, and Winchester. It's a business. Professional athletes realize there's lots of turnover. It won't hurt them.
I don't understand why we'd part with daugavins? i think he's good on the PK and can score and from what i gather brings energy on and off the ice. that's not someone that you want to part with if you can keep him for as cheap as he'll be. you could safely argue for every other player sure.
so in your scenario Butler gets traded or waived? I dunno. I think he gets another season (and off season) to prove he belongs.(then maybe he gets traded)

Why does any team part with any player? Why are there free agents in the off-season? People get rid of players all the time. It's a business. I'm not arguing that he should be gotten rid of, I'm just saying he won't be retained (my prediction). He's been in and out of the lineup. I don't mind keeping him, I just think they won't.

If you wanna make room for your legit prospects, you will have to get rid of guys like Daugavins. The team won't be hurt because they won't get their laughs any more.
yeah but you've got zib taking up a spot in his place. I say keep zib in the AHL and have him come up when someone in the top 6 gets injured. give him top minutes in bingo. have him play with petersson.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:suter karlsson cowen gonchar as a top 4

Why would Ryan Suter sign here? He's not signing in Canada first of all.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets, Monday, Mar. 26, 2012, 8:30PM EST - Page 9 164414 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

IF he leaves Nashville... Suter will sign in Detroit.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets, Monday, Mar. 26, 2012, 8:30PM EST - Page 9 164414 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Whoever goes after Suter will have to be... ALL IN!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets, Monday, Mar. 26, 2012, 8:30PM EST - Page 9 All_in12

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

In all likelihood, Suter and Parise will sign somewhere in the states, yes. But this off-season is a bit of a crapshoot with the new CBA coming, and not a ton of teams have a ton of cap space. We're one of the few teams that could legitimately sign BOTH Parise and Suter (should they want to play together). That being said, it would likely take an overpayment to land either one of them in a Canadian city, and it doesn't sound like Melnyk is keen on that idea.

Anyway, there's always the trade route to add more guys, and lord knows we have plenty of prospects to deal.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Parise will sign in Toronto because Burke will give him the keys to the city

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:Parise will sign in Toronto because Burke will give him the keys to the city

If he's lucky he has enough cap space to sign a goalie. $57M in contracts for 18 players next year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:Parise will sign in Toronto because Burke will give him the keys to the city

I think what might be underestimated is Parise's desire to WIN. Him and Suter both...obviously money plays a huge role in these decisions, but I think they both will be looking to be put in good situations from a competitive perspective.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
I think what might be underestimated is Parise's desire to WIN. Him and Suter both...obviously money plays a huge role in these decisions, but I think they both will be looking to be put in good situations from a competitive perspective.

I really think the Devils will sort out their ownership issues and keep Parise somehow. I'm not sure what the situation is over there but I think it'll work out. If they let Parise walk it'll set them back years, Lamoriello might as well retire.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I really think the Devils will sort out their ownership issues and keep Parise somehow. I'm not sure what the situation is over there but I think it'll work out. If they let Parise walk it'll set them back years, Lamoriello might as well retire.

I've thought for a while that both Parise and Suter have a chance of signing in NJ if they can figure Dung out financially.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
I've thought for a while that both Parise and Suter have a chance of signing in NJ if they can figure Dung out financially.

I don't see how they can squeeze both of them in under the cap.

They're both friends, there's this perception that they'll pull a Lebron and sign with the same team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I don't see how they can squeeze both of them in under the cap.

They're both friends, there's this perception that they'll pull a Lebron and sign with the same team.

If they want to win, this might be a chance, although the Devils would be well off to not handcuff themselves when Henrique comes up after next year. I could see Brodeur taking a cap friendly 2.5 million deal, perhaps a couple of trades, but yeah, the more I look at it, even if Brodeur took a small deal it would be about 20 million to sign 12 guys - assuming 13 of that would go to Parise/Suter, it becomes 7 to sign 10...can they do that? Doubtful really unless they trade someone.

Funnily enough, perhaps Zidlicky handcuffed them good for next year.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
If they want to win, this might be a chance, although the Devils would be well off to not handcuff themselves when Henrique comes up after next year. I could see Brodeur taking a cap friendly 2.5 million deal, perhaps a couple of trades, but yeah, the more I look at it, even if Brodeur took a small deal it would be about 20 million to sign 12 guys - assuming 13 of that would go to Parise/Suter, it becomes 7 to sign 10...can they do that? Doubtful really unless they trade someone.

Funnily enough, perhaps Zidlicky handcuffed them good for next year.

I think they'd have to deal Zubrus and/or Zajac.

Lamoriello is a good GM who always seems to find a way to get things done so it's likely he will do it again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum