GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets, Monday, Mar. 26, 2012, 8:30PM EST

+16
Ev
sens4win
Riprock
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
spader
SensGirl11
dennycrane
Jordo
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
tim1_2
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Don't forget if this team does well the rest of the year and even the playoffs (maybe even wins a round), Murray will not change the lineup too much and break up the chemistry we've had all year.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Likely to make the team:

15.Silfverberg
16.Zibanejad

So...to make room for Silf and Z, we need to make 3 spaces (13 forwards I assume). Some tough decisions coming for some of the guys we really like in the bottom 6 and Regin.

Don't forget to make room for Parise!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Likely to make the team:

15.Silfverberg
16.Zibanejad

So...to make room for Silf and Z, we need to make 3 spaces (13 forwards I assume). Some tough decisions coming for some of the guys we really like in the bottom 6 and Regin.

I've come to terms that he's not coming here IMO. I wish he would, but I think he signs with some American team.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:I say Butler, Konopka, Regin, Daugavins, O'Brien, Klinkhammer, and Winchester will all be gone

Uh...who are we replacing all of them with?

Sorry I put one guy in there who I meant not to. O'Brien stick.

Forwards:

Spezza
Michalek
Alfredsson
Silfverberg
Turris
Zibanejad
Foligno
Smith
Neil
Greening
Condra
O'Brien

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Likely to make the team:

15.Silfverberg
16.Zibanejad

Zach "Uncle Sam" Parise can stay in the U,S and A with Wayne "Stars and Stripes" Gretzky and Mark "Old Glory" Messier.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Don't forget if this team does well the rest of the year and even the playoffs (maybe even wins a round), Murray will not change the lineup too much and break up the chemistry we've had all year.

I disagree. They should always look to change the lineup for the good. Look at the Lightning who had great chemistry and went to the ECF, but now they suck. Don't let early returns blind your decision making.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
I disagree. They should always look to change the lineup for the good. Look at the Lightning who had great chemistry and went to the ECF, but now they suck. Don't let early returns blind your decision making.

Largely because time has finally caught up with Roloson, their goaltending is as brutal as ours last year.

They need to be careful with not messing with the chemistry in the room too much while improving the team.

And we're not getting Parise, largely because latest interviews with Melnyk sound like he's not spending to the cap anytime soon, at least not until he's sure this team is a legit contender. Maybe if we somehow make it to the ECF.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Largely because time has finally caught up with Roloson, their goaltending is as brutal as ours last year.

They need to be careful with not messing with the chemistry in the room too much while improving the team.

And we're not getting Parise, largely because latest interviews with Melnyk sound like he's not spending to the cap anytime soon, at least not until he's sure this team is a legit contender. Maybe if we somehow make it to the ECF.

I already bought my Parise jersey, so all you naysayers can just STFU.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i really don't think zib will make the team. not just yet anyways. i say he starts in bingo.

Spezza
Michalek
Alfredsson
Silfverberg
Turris
Foligno
Smith
Neil
daugavin
Greening
Condra

O'Brien maybe but they might try to get him on a two way one year deal
Klinkhammer i think will be offered a two way deal
i'd like to see Butler stick just another year so we can see if this year was off for him.
i'm not sure what to do with Regin to be honest. keep him and play him till he's trade worthy?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

anyways Butler is on contract for another year.
a healthy regin could be a great fit anywhere at center if anyone gets injured.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

the chemistry in the room will not be diminished by the departures of Butler, Konopka, Regin, Daugavins, Klinkhammer, and Winchester. It's a business. Professional athletes realize there's lots of turnover. It won't hurt them.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I already bought my Parise jersey, so all you naysayers can just STFU.

Not to worry. Murray will be going all in for Parise. That's right. ALL IN!!!! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets, Monday, Mar. 26, 2012, 8:30PM EST - Page 8 All_in11

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:the chemistry in the room will not be diminished by the departures of Butler, Konopka, Regin, Daugavins, Klinkhammer, and Winchester. It's a business. Professional athletes realize there's lots of turnover. It won't hurt them.
I don't understand why we'd part with daugavins? i think he's good on the PK and can score and from what i gather brings energy on and off the ice. that's not someone that you want to part with if you can keep him for as cheap as he'll be. you could safely argue for every other player sure.
so in your scenario Butler gets traded or waived? I dunno. I think he gets another season (and off season) to prove he belongs.(then maybe he gets traded)

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:I already bought my Parise jersey, so all you naysayers can just STFU.
He'd look good in a Sens jersey...

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets, Monday, Mar. 26, 2012, 8:30PM EST - Page 8 Parisen

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Too bad #9 is taken Sarcasm 90? 91?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

on D i think we at least part with 2 of carkner, gilroy and kuba. there's some holes in there.
which opens up the question don't we need ryan suter more then parise?(sure we'd want both)

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Big Ev wrote:the chemistry in the room will not be diminished by the departures of Butler, Konopka, Regin, Daugavins, Klinkhammer, and Winchester. It's a business. Professional athletes realize there's lots of turnover. It won't hurt them.
I don't understand why we'd part with daugavins? i think he's good on the PK and can score and from what i gather brings energy on and off the ice. that's not someone that you want to part with if you can keep him for as cheap as he'll be. you could safely argue for every other player sure.
so in your scenario Butler gets traded or waived? I dunno. I think he gets another season (and off season) to prove he belongs.(then maybe he gets traded)

Why does any team part with any player? Why are there free agents in the off-season? People get rid of players all the time. It's a business. I'm not arguing that he should be gotten rid of, I'm just saying he won't be retained (my prediction). He's been in and out of the lineup. I don't mind keeping him, I just think they won't.

If you wanna make room for your legit prospects, you will have to get rid of guys like Daugavins. The team won't be hurt because they won't get their laughs any more.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

suter karlsson cowen gonchar as a top 4
with phillips and boro on the bottom
(i'm not sure that even works with pairings)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum