GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets, Monday, Mar. 26, 2012, 8:30PM EST

+16
Ev
sens4win
Riprock
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
spader
SensGirl11
dennycrane
Jordo
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
tim1_2
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
I've thought for a while that both Parise and Suter have a chance of signing in NJ if they can figure Dung out financially.

I don't see how they can squeeze both of them in under the cap.

They're both friends, there's this perception that they'll pull a Lebron and sign with the same team.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
I've thought for a while that both Parise and Suter have a chance of signing in NJ if they can figure Dung out financially.

I don't see how they can squeeze both of them in under the cap.

They're both friends, there's this perception that they'll pull a Lebron and sign with the same team.

If they want to win, this might be a chance, although the Devils would be well off to not handcuff themselves when Henrique comes up after next year. I could see Brodeur taking a cap friendly 2.5 million deal, perhaps a couple of trades, but yeah, the more I look at it, even if Brodeur took a small deal it would be about 20 million to sign 12 guys - assuming 13 of that would go to Parise/Suter, it becomes 7 to sign 10...can they do that? Doubtful really unless they trade someone.

Funnily enough, perhaps Zidlicky handcuffed them good for next year.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
If they want to win, this might be a chance, although the Devils would be well off to not handcuff themselves when Henrique comes up after next year. I could see Brodeur taking a cap friendly 2.5 million deal, perhaps a couple of trades, but yeah, the more I look at it, even if Brodeur took a small deal it would be about 20 million to sign 12 guys - assuming 13 of that would go to Parise/Suter, it becomes 7 to sign 10...can they do that? Doubtful really unless they trade someone.

I think they'd have to deal Zubrus and/or Zajac.

Lamoriello is a good GM who always seems to find a way to get things done so it's likely he will do it again.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I think they'd have to deal Zubrus and/or Zajac.

Lamoriello is a good GM who always seems to find a way to get things done so it's likely he will do it again.

Perhaps Zajac, yeah. He's worth a top prospect too, so that might be just fine. Plus, Henrique is awesome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum