GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - GAME 3 - Winnipeg Jets vs Ottawa Senators - 2021

+2
wprager
PTFlea
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

After being dominated by the Leafs on Saturday (the score was flattering), the Sens hopefully have had a couple of days to reflect.

Smith has keyed on breaking the puck out of the zone (as he should) and line combos are being adjusted slightly. In the first game, I thought Norris held his own, but the 2nd game, he got beaten quite a bit. He's only had a handful of NHL experience so far, so I'd expect this to happen once in a while.

Stepan sucks at faceoffs (a career 45.9 percent guy) and should not be taking faceoffs that matter (I believe it was the 2nd goal that was a direct result). In fact, the entire team has been poor at faceoffs. Cedric Paquette has a decent 49.5, but nothing special.

I can't find AHL stats for faceoffs, but Norris was good in his brief stint last year, but got owned in the first 2 game vs Toronto (38%).

This was a point of contention going into this season. Anisimov is a career 46.1% guy - which sucks, Tierney is career below 50% (49.1).

Losing a faceoff with this kind of team obviously gives your opponent puck possession - and when you're already having issues clearing the zone and pushing the puck up, you're in trouble. The Sens will need to find a way to get Tkachuk in there more often (he's nothing special in the dot either, but he's a bull) and they'll need to scramble the draws if they can't win them.

Penalty kill is coming together, looked okay vs the Leafs, although they tend to run around a bit - and Toronto employed a third man up high which blew Ottawa's mind.

Stutzle looks as advertised. He's not afraid to be physical (leading to a ridiculous call that basically ended Saturday's game), he's gaining confidence and we see he has a little of that hand-eye going on Sarcasm

Batherson is another huge bright spot. Maybe Ottawa has the right idea developing these guys that are rough around the edges for longer...because Drake looks great!

Neither had a bad game, but we see what happens when Chabot and Tkachuk are quieted down (again, hats off to the Leafs who played really well).

Let's see what Ottawa can do vs an undermanned Jets team tonight, where it appears Laine may be out (no confirmation yet). Former Senator Demelo is out tonight celebrating the birth of his child.

Go Sens! Cheering

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No Stützle, he's day to day after that uncalled cross check/interference from Muzzin. Galchenuyk will draw in. White wore a grey jersey so he's likely sitting.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Aw, that sucks.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bet on Ottawa again tonight. 2/2 so far this year.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

It's nice to see Murray stay in his nets and not venture out as much as Anderson did. Anderson would leave his crease and was sometimes an adventure that didn't end well.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:It's nice to see Murray stay in his nets and not venture out as much as Anderson did. Anderson would leave his crease and was sometimes an adventure that didn't end well.

Yes he’s very calm in net. Could have been better on the second goal, but giving the team a chance to win every game so far.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jets win a game they don’t deserve. Anisimov and Chabot not good in OT

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Wow that sucks. I know we aren't "supposed" to be in many of these games but we had 2 goal leads twice. I'm not sure what Anisimov is doing out there in OT.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hobiesens wrote:Wow that sucks. I know we aren't "supposed" to be in many of these games but we had 2 goal leads twice. I'm not sure what Anisimov is doing out there in OT.

They should definitely be in every game with the jets who are not good at all

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’d scratch AA for white, and Stutzle in for Paquette if he’s healthy. Keep the D as is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very disappointing.

If there's one guy i dont like so far, it's Stepan.

Blah...Dung

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not happy! :crossarms:

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DJ Smith has learned a lot from Babcock. Blame everyone else but yourself.

Also what did you expect from Stepan if it wasn’t this? Just because Dorion paid a fortune to get him doesn’t mean the Timex was worth the Rolex price.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

This is quite possibly, the greatest graphic in history. Thanks for all you do for the Sens Dorion.

GAME DAY - GAME 3 - Winnipeg Jets vs Ottawa Senators - 2021 C2732f10

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pleasantly surprised with Coburn. No question he can still play and block shot, and he's surprisingly mobile.

Also quite happy with Gudbranson and Brown.

3 games in only though.

Stepan and Paquette have been nothing special so far. Watson has been ok.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum