GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets, Monday, Mar. 26, 2012, 8:30PM EST

+16
Ev
sens4win
Riprock
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Hobiesens
spader
SensGirl11
dennycrane
Jordo
SensHulk
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
tim1_2
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 10]

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl

Give him the Norris

is the headline. How cool is that?

At this point, I don't see how it's not a fait accompli. 76 points (27 more than his closest rival), +19, almost 20 goals, etc., etc.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:

Give him the Norris

At this point, I don't see how it's not a fait accompli. 76 points (27 more than his closest rival), +19, almost 20 goals, etc., etc.

I think it might be...

The way he thinks the game is something to behold. The way he picked off that puck from Bogosian shows his level of skill at anticipating the play. Amazing levels of talent.

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Give him the Norris

I think it might be...

The way he thinks the game is something to behold. The way he picked off that puck from Bogosian shows his level of skill at anticipating the play. Amazing levels of talent.

Seriously, Karlsson not winning the Norris would be criminal at this point. PPG, key cog in the offense, 25 minutes a night, high +/- rating. What else do you want from your Norris winner?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Riprock wrote:
shabbs wrote:Diddle

GAME DAY - Ottawa Senators @ Winnipeg Jets, Monday, Mar. 26, 2012, 8:30PM EST - Page 6 Tumblr10

Awesome Laugh1

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Tough on the nerves...real tough. The Spezza play was jaw-dropping, Alfie was legendary - like he switched gears again. Alfie was all over them tonight - they must have been driven crazy by him.

Maybe it's just me but I don't really get nervous throughout the game because after the first 5 or 10 minutes or so, you get a vibe on who is gonna win. I never felt the Jets were gonna win this one.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow. Probably the most entertaining Sens game of the year. Matrix was a little shaky, but buckled down towards the end and came up with some big saves.

Not much to say...great team effort, with The Alfie, Spezza, and Karlsson leading the way. If anyone was on the fence about Karlsson and the Norris, this game should've sealed it. Watching him strip the puck with ease numerous times...stepping up to take plays away/make plays in the offensive zone. It was almost a flawless game by him. Truly a wonder to behold.

I wasn't going to comment on the officiating...but it was B-A-D. A couple bogus penalty calls (against both teams), and the penalty shot call was questionable as well, considering Wellwood got a really good attempt in. O'Rourke was one of the refs.

Moving on...who the hell picked the "official" 3 stars? Karlsson (understandable), Miettinen (ok), and Anderson(?). No The Alfie? Puhlease.

Anyway, great game, team looks awesome, now we just need to sustain the momentum somehow for Saturday.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20112012/GS021136.HTM

Edit: Oh, I also wanted to mention that I thought Carkner played well, even if it was only for 9 minutes. He managed 4 shots, and was +1. Solid.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Crazy game. Nice to see the Sens pull it out in the end. Crazy moves by Spezza. The crowd getting on him fired him up for sure. Nice to see. Shows that he can dominate when he wants to. Need to see more of that. A lot more. Karlsson with 3 points and a +5. Simply amazing.

Sens are off until Saturday. Scoreboard watching...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Scoreboard watching indeed. As previously mentioned, Buffalo plays Washington tonight, and then the Caps have Boston on Thursday and Buffalo has Pittsburgh on Friday. Hoping for the best.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Tough on the nerves...real tough. The Spezza play was jaw-dropping, Alfie was legendary - like he switched gears again. Alfie was all over them tonight - they must have been driven crazy by him.

Maybe it's just me but I don't really get nervous throughout the game because after the first 5 or 10 minutes or so, you get a vibe on who is gonna win. I never felt the Jets were gonna win this one.

I dunno...I was nervous right from the beginning personally and I damn near soiled myself at the end.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:Seriously, Karlsson not winning the Norris would be criminal at this point. PPG, key cog in the offense, 25 minutes a night, high +/- rating. What else do you want from your Norris winner?

Not playing for Ottawa would be helpful.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

I dunno...I was nervous right from the beginning personally and I damn near soiled myself at the end.

Yep, me too. It was a great, intense, playoff-like game with many momentum swings. Between the shoddy refereeing and a couple crazy bounces, it was a bit of a crap-shoot. I was so Cussing relieved when The Alfie potted that goal off of Karlsson's excellent pinch to intercept the breakout pass.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Big Ev wrote:

Yep, me too. It was a great, intense, playoff-like game with many momentum swings. Between the shoddy refereeing and a couple crazy bounces, it was a bit of a crap-shoot. I was so Cussing relieved when The Alfie potted that goal off of Karlsson's excellent pinch to intercept the breakout pass.

It didn't look like Winnipeg were really trying so I felt Ottawa had somewhat of a chance all along.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I was on the edge of my seat the entire game, it felt like a "last goal wins" game. Winnipeg would just not give up.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:I was on the edge of my seat the entire game, it felt like a "last goal wins" game. Winnipeg would just not give up.

When Winnipeg tied it up for the last time it just looked like Karlsson and The Alfie were thinking "Diddle this Dung" and just went out and got that goal just because they wanted it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:I was on the edge of my seat the entire game, it felt like a "last goal wins" game. Winnipeg would just not give up.

I was literally dancing in the third period. Wringing my hands, doing the jig. I don't need too many tense games like that please - games that also could have put a huge wrench in our season had we lost. Ohnoes!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

When Winnipeg tied it up for the last time it just looked like Karlsson and The Alfie were thinking "Diddle this Dung" and just went out and got that goal just because they wanted it.

Especially Alfie though, he was enormous in that game. A legendary performance IMO.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Especially Alfie though, he was enormous in that game. A legendary performance IMO.

No doubt. If he played for the Wings he'd be in the Hall of Fame already without even retiring. Fact.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

No doubt. If he played for the Wings he'd be in the Hall of Fame already without even retiring. Fact.

Cause he'd have a Cup, so yeah, he would.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum