GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Karlsson KONTRACTOCALYPSE!!! (Karlsson re-signs for 7 years!)

+13
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
dennycrane
rooneypoo
spader
Ev
SensHulk
Riprock
wprager
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 10]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:What happened to the 3 years? Dumbass rumour people. Diddle SensChirp.

Is that what chirp said? I've sorta quit his website.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

$6M is the cap hit apparently. Do-able at this point up until the end of the contract probably.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Big Ev wrote:What happened to the 3 years? Dumbass rumour people. Diddle SensChirp.
I don't recall reading any rumour about any term... a lot of speculation... but no actual rumours...

I wonder what the money will be.

$6.5?

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Now that didn't take too long did it. That's what happens when you deal with a character person...

So now he's locked up... just needs a partner to play with.

Nice wedding present...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:

Is that what chirp said? I've sorta quit his website.

Guy's site is awful. It just summarizes news that everyone has already heard through twitter, newspapers, etc. No more "chirp"

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Has to be $6.5M Smile And 7 year term, minus the season stoppage and we're right at the 6.5 x 6.5 we've been predicting Smile

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Excellent deal for both sides.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We don't actually know the deal yet, other than it's 7 years, do we?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

6.5 X 7 apparently.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Not apparently, it is exactly 7 years, $6.5M per year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Beauty.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Like I said in another thread, $6.5M for 6.5 years (6 years plus an option).

If $8.7M is good enough for #87, then $6.5M should be good enough for #65.

And we'd better call Gilroy's agent and tell him to eff off right now.

Close enough Smile

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Next up, $1.1M for 1.1yrs for the Alfie after next year.

I'm a little nervous about paying $7.1M for Foligno, however.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Riprock wrote:Next up, $1.1M for 1.1yrs for the Alfie after next year.

And thank God we let Gilroy go to free agency.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Beauty.

Karlsson KONTRACTOCALYPSE!!! (Karlsson re-signs for 7 years!) - Page 7 Avxj8cLCQAATPfl

Is he buying off the rack?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Riprock wrote:Next up, $1.1M for 1.1yrs for the Alfie after next year.

And thank God we let Gilroy go to free agency.

Dodged a bullet there... but he is asking for $9.9M, but for obvious reasons, couldn't wear that #.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Good deal for the Sens.

It was going to be either a 2-3 year deal, or a 5+ deal, but I like what the long-term deal says about the strength of the relationship between the owner, management, and Karlsson.

$6.5 mil / yr is no small chunk of change, but that's less than Doughty made, and it will be less or about the same as what Suter and Weber will make, too. Karlsson took a little hair cut in the range of about $500K to a $1 mil, and OTT gave him the term.

Really a great day for the franchise. OTT has it's #1 D locked up for the better part of a decade. What you like about this most of all is how smoothly it went -- speaks very well to how happy everyone is with each other.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No way he was getting more than Doughty. For sure. So, $6.5M is nice, long term security for both sides. We'll see what the future brings. A good day for the Sens indeed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum