GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Karlsson KONTRACTOCALYPSE!!! (Karlsson re-signs for 7 years!)

+13
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
dennycrane
rooneypoo
spader
Ev
SensHulk
Riprock
wprager
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

20-years, $200M.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

I wonder how this will go.

Garrioch reported some time ago that (ever since Heatley) Melnyk doesn't believe in long term contracts (Boo boo speculated that means >5 years).

So I wonder what kind of offers Murray will make (and what kind of offer he is even allowed to make).

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Melnyk needs to be careful, can't play fast and loose and not get him signed...

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Melnyk needs to be careful, can't play fast and loose and not get him signed...

Melnyk is acting more and more like the reincarnation of Bill Wirtz Ahhhhh!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Formal offer will be tendered by early next week...

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/06/05/karlsson-talks-set-to-begin

I wonder if any team is tempted by an offer sheet. Team 1200 joked with Jim Nill when he was on the radio that they should OS Karlsson to replace Lidstrom, now that was awkward.

Awkward yet also comical. Did anyone ask Jim Nill how the Wings keep being touted as such an awesome team when they aren't even that awesome and then when he tried to answer, cut him off with a "shut the Diddle up." That's what I would have done. Beer

They're so perfect that they most likely have 2 Karlsson's in their farm system, drafted in the late rounds Beer

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

4 years, 26 million is my guess.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:4 years, 26 million is my guess.

4 years would put Karlsson at the end of his RFA years, and just entering into UFA. No way, no how, do we put ourselves in that situation. This deal will be 2-3 years, or 5+ years. My money is on 3 years, for something like $15-18 mil.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah... it's either a 3 year deal to preserve his RFA status, or a longer term deal to lock him in.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

2-3 year deal is how I would go to be honest. Can't get much more than he's worth now. Give him 7.5 for 3 years if you can.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If it's a short term deal (2-3 yrs), then yeah, I see around $7M per year. If it's longer term (4+ yrs), then something more in the range of $6M. I really have no idea how this one will play out, I just hope it doesn't turn ugly.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Formal offer will be tendered by early next week...

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/06/05/karlsson-talks-set-to-begin

I wonder if any team is tempted by an offer sheet. Team 1200 joked with Jim Nill when he was on the radio that they should OS Karlsson to replace Lidstrom, now that was awkward.

Awkward yet also comical. Did anyone ask Jim Nill how the Wings keep being touted as such an awesome team when they aren't even that awesome and then when he tried to answer, cut him off with a "shut the Diddle up." That's what I would have done. Beer

They're so perfect that they most likely have 2 Karlsson's in their farm system, drafted in the late rounds Beer

Only 2?!?!?!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:2-3 year deal is how I would go to be honest. Can't get much more than he's worth now. Give him 7.5 for 3 years if you can.

That's why they wanna do it @ 6-6.5 I think.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Yeah... it's either a 3 year deal to preserve his RFA status, or a longer term deal to lock him in.

I think it will be a Doughty type deal, that's the comparable his agent will use.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Having a guy this good is tough on the brain. You can't picture your team without him. You don't want to give him a long-term deal, but you can't afford to lose him either...look at poor Nashville right now with Suter and Weber....

Bottom line is we have to pony up the cash sooner or later. I'd rather do it sooner to lock him up.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Any developments regarding "Karlsson KONTRACTOCALYPSE!!! ?"

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Offer coming soon...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Any developments regarding "Karlsson KONTRACTOCALYPSE!!! ?"

What's the good word is another way to ask that too. Beer

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Offer comes in this week apparently. It's apparently not the term, but the $$ that may be a sticking point. We'll see I guess...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum