GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Karlsson KONTRACTOCALYPSE!!! (Karlsson re-signs for 7 years!)

+13
Hoags
shabbs
PTFlea
dennycrane
rooneypoo
spader
Ev
SensHulk
Riprock
wprager
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Riprock wrote:http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=42135

Yost talks about Don Meehan (Karlsson's agent) and Ottawa having goo relationship, and Karlsson wants to stay in Ottawa.

Rumour is a 3-year deal, as mentioned to take him to his last eligible RFA year.
I would be okay with a 5.5M x 3 years. Maybe 6M if negociations started getting contentious.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I put this in the Ottawa thread, not realizing the KONTRACTOCALYPSE!!! was upon us.

1.A 3 year, big money contract that leaves him as an RFA

2.A long term 8, 9, 10 year contract that locks him up as a Senator

3.A 5 year contract - which is amazingly dangerous as he'd obviously be a UFA when it's completed

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The end of Karlsson's ELC is nigh. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

His agent (or one of them) was on Team1200 yesterday.

The Senators have held “several discussions” with Craig Oster, the agent for star defenceman Erik Karlsson, but no formal negotiations on a new contract as of yet. Karlsson’s entry-level agreement with the team expires at the end of the season.

“The Senators have been outstanding to work with in Erik’s development over the course of these two years of his entry-level contract,” Oster told The Team 1200’s Healthy Scratches Monday afternoon. “He’s real excited about the team, the organization, the direction everything’s headed. I’m not anticipating us to really be having any substantial negotiations until the season’s done, but we’ve certainly have had discussions with the club just about the fact Erik likes it there, he’s happy, and they’re certainly happy with him.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2012/03/12/19493486.html

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:I put this in the Ottawa thread, not realizing the KONTRACTOCALYPSE!!! was upon us.

3.A 5 year contract - which is amazingly dangerous as he'd obviously be a UFA when it's completed
At first, I was thinking it would be good to give him a whopper of a contract... but now, I think I'd like to see a 3-year one that leaves him as an RFA. He's ripping it up for sure and is worthy of some big time recognition and a raise... but let's not get too ahead of ourselves... drop a nice 3-year on him, and then make the third contract the BIG ONE that counts and makes him a Sen-for-life.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Agree with Shabbs (even though I'm pulling for a $6.5M x 6 years with an option; effectively a $6.5 x 6.5 for #65).

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I put this in the Ottawa thread, not realizing the KONTRACTOCALYPSE!!! was upon us.

At first, I was thinking it would be good to give him a whopper of a contract... but now, I think I'd like to see a 3-year one that leaves him as an RFA. He's ripping it up for sure and is worthy of some big time recognition and a raise... but let's not get too ahead of ourselves... drop a nice 3-year on him, and then make the third contract the BIG ONE that counts and makes him a Sen-for-life.

What counts as a "nice 3-year"? 3 years $12M? $13.5M?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Formal offer will be tendered by early next week...

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/06/05/karlsson-talks-set-to-begin

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Formal offer will be tendered by early next week...

I wonder if any team is tempted by an offer sheet. Team 1200 joked with Jim Nill when he was on the radio that they should OS Karlsson to replace Lidstrom, now that was awkward.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:

I wonder if any team is tempted by an offer sheet. Team 1200 joked with Jim Nill when he was on the radio that they should OS Karlsson to replace Lidstrom, now that was awkward.

Awkward yet also comical. Did anyone ask Jim Nill how the Wings keep being touted as such an awesome team when they aren't even that awesome and then when he tried to answer, cut him off with a "shut the Diddle up." That's what I would have done. Beer

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:

Not really. More like 15-17 million. Just a shade under 6 million will buy you the chance to re-neg in 3 years with him as an RFA.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Awkward yet also comical. Did anyone ask Jim Nill how the Wings keep being touted as such an awesome team when they aren't even that awesome and then when he tried to answer, cut him off with a "shut the Diddle up." That's what I would have done. Beer

Laugh1

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hoags wrote:

Laugh1

Funny but true, old friend.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:

Not really. More like 15-17 million. Just a shade under 6 million will buy you the chance to re-neg in 3 years with him as an RFA.
Personally I'd go with a two year just to get over the next CBA and see what we are working with. I'd rather not have a Parise situation after that where takes a 1 year contract just to get to UFA.
2 years also will let us know if he can do seasons like the last once or every so often.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

15 years, $90m

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

20-years, $200M.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

I wonder how this will go.

Garrioch reported some time ago that (ever since Heatley) Melnyk doesn't believe in long term contracts (Boo boo speculated that means >5 years).

So I wonder what kind of offers Murray will make (and what kind of offer he is even allowed to make).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Melnyk needs to be careful, can't play fast and loose and not get him signed...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum